Falcons in talks to re-sign Grady Jackson

atljbo

By STEVE WYCHE, D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/25/08

Falcons officials met with former defensive tackle Grady Jackson for roughly an hour Friday morning and are working on the terms of deal to bring him back to the team, according to Jackson.

After the meeting, the Falcons wanted Jackson to stay around the building to take a physical.

Earlier, Falcons officials would not confirm that Jackson had a meeting scheduled with head coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

Jackson would help one of the team's apparent weaknesses, the defensive front. For mini-camp and offseason workouts, Jonathan Babineaux and Montavious Stanley lined up at the top defensive tackle spots.

Jackson played for the Falcons in 2006 and 2007, before being released after the team got off to a 1-6 start last season.

Jackson signed with Jacksonville, where Smith was the defensive coordinator

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern here is that he might come in and upset the dynamic the coaches have been attempting to create in mini-camp and OTAs. That said, it's hard to argue that we can use him, and based on what I saw/read during his tenure in Jacksonville he was well-received -- which of course seems to be pretty direct evidence against the rationale behind releasing him last season, whatever it really was.

My only concern here is that he might come in and upset the dynamic the coaches have been attempting to create in mini-camp and OTAs. That said, it's hard to argue that we can use him, and based on what I saw/read during his tenure in Jacksonville he was well-received -- which of course seems to be pretty direct evidence against the rationale behind releasing him last season, whatever it really was.

I do not think that it will be a problem...... Grady has said all along that he wanted to play for Coach Smith again...... The Patriots and Raiders has had discussions with grady jackson agent...... Grady Jackson can be a 1 year feel in at DT....We need him

I was pretty sure he would be back.

He still has a house in Flowery branch and I saw the family car recently (windows too dark to see in)

Also saw Roddy's car the first time a couple of weeks ago!! WOW you can't miss it. Bright yellow 300

He drives a lowrider, if you know what I mean ;)

By STEVE WYCHE, D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/25/08

Falcons officials met with former defensive tackle Grady Jackson for roughly an hour Friday morning and are working on the terms of deal to bring him back to the team, according to Jackson.

After the meeting, the Falcons wanted Jackson to stay around the building to take a physical.

Earlier, Falcons officials would not confirm that Jackson had a meeting scheduled with head coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

Jackson would help one of the team's apparent weaknesses, the defensive front. For mini-camp and offseason workouts, Jonathan Babineaux and Montavious Stanley lined up at the top defensive tackle spots.

Jackson played for the Falcons in 2006 and 2007, before being released after the team got off to a 1-6 start last season.

Jackson signed with Jacksonville, where Smith was the defensive coordinator

i thought they got rid of him because he had a lawsuit against them