The Saints are messing up BIG TIME

atljbo

GIANTS COULD GET A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR SHOCKEY

Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2008, 8:31 p.m. EDT

Several astute readers have pointed out that the Saints attempt to trade a second-round pick in 2009 to the Giants for tight end Jeremy Shockey could be hampered by the trade through which the Saints acquired linebacker Jonathan Vilma from the Jets.

Under the trade between the Jets and the Saints, New Orleans will be required to cough up a second-round pick if Vilma participates in 85 percent of the defensive snaps this season, and if the Saints sign Vilma to a contract extension.

So how could the Saints send a potential second-rounder to the Jets and an actual second-rounder to the Giants.

Per Tom Rock of Newsday, the Giants would get the Saints first-round pick if the Jets get the second-rounder. If the Giants get the first-round pick, the Saints fifth-rounder falls out of the Shockey deal.

atljbo (7/22/2008)
GIANTS COULD GET A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR SHOCKEY

Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2008, 8:31 p.m. EDT

Several astute readers have pointed out that the Saints attempt to trade a second-round pick in 2009 to the Giants for tight end Jeremy Shockey could be hampered by the trade through which the Saints acquired linebacker Jonathan Vilma from the Jets.

Under the trade between the Jets and the Saints, New Orleans will be required to cough up a second-round pick if Vilma participates in 85 percent of the defensive snaps this season, and if the Saints sign Vilma to a contract extension.

So how could the Saints send a potential second-rounder to the Jets and an actual second-rounder to the Giants.

Per Tom Rock of Newsday, the Giants would get the Saints first-round pick if the Jets get the second-rounder. If the Giants get the first-round pick, the Saints fifth-rounder falls out of the Shockey deal.

THE SAINTS DON'T SEEM TOO WORRIED ABOUT IT .... MAYBE THEY KNOW SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T?:)

Gnorts (7/22/2008)
There team just got better. Better now is better than "better some day maybe in the future etc etc etc etc etc etc......"

No way is Shockey worth trading a first round pick for..... Shock is good.... but not 1st round trading for good

They could have finally gotten a Franchise RB like LeSean McCoy or finally get a GOOD CB....... Heck.... Next year safety class i going to be amazing.... The saints need all of that

sporkdevil (7/22/2008)
Yeah, I saw that. I wouldn't expect Vilma on the field for 85 percent though. He has had some injuries, and I'm sure they would pull him to prevent reaching that amount. I'm sure they know what is at stake, and will take limit his playing time.

Vilma is their best Linebacker period.......... He is now healthy so i see him playing more then 85% of the plays...... I think that the saints has that win now attitude

thats great news. i guess im rooting for vilma to be healthy

lets face it, falcons r more likely to compete in next 2-3 years rather than this year so, if u think of the future, that really is great news for us for saints not to have a 1st or 2nd round pick in the next draft. Because who knows, saints could have a top 5 pick.

atljbo (7/22/2008)
Gnorts (7/22/2008)
There team just got better. Better now is better than "better some day maybe in the future etc etc etc etc etc etc......"

No way is Shockey worth trading a first round pick for..... Shock is good.... but not 1st round trading for good

They could have finally gotten a Franchise RB like LeSean McCoy or finally get a GOOD CB....... Heck.... Next year safety class i going to be amazing.... The saints need all of that

If I REALLY needed to win NOW/TODAY.  I would take a known player over a rookie.  This game of football is a win now game.  People don't last long in this game to think to hard about the future.  Thoughts?

Gnorts (7/23/2008)
atljbo (7/22/2008)
Gnorts (7/22/2008)

If I REALLY needed to win NOW/TODAY.  I would take a known player over a rookie.  This game of football is a win now game.  People don't last long in this game to think to hard about the future.  Thoughts?

Unless they win the Superbowl, it is much better to have a team with a winning record year in and year out.  That is what sells the tickets.  There are far too many overpaid free agents who are used to fill that one spot only to fail due to lack of fit or typically because they are on the down side of their career and the inevitable injury bug starts to take hold.