How Can This Team Be Worse Than Last Year?

norbendon

We lost Crumpler, but he had a very poor year.  I doubt that our replacements will be any worse.  We lost Rod Coleman who hardly played.  We lost Grady Jackson who hardly played.  We lost DeAngelo Hall who is very good but also hurt us in key situations (I can see how we lost something there).

We went most of the year with backups on the o-line, we've made improvement and will have injured players back.  We will also get Trey Lewis back on the d-line.  Our linebackers have gotten better.  We don't have the ridiculous distractions we had a year ago. 

This coaching staff is a definate upgrade over the POS we had last year. We may be learning a new system, but we did last year as well.

The point is, how can this team really be any worse? 

I've been saying this for awhile. The ESPNs of the world don't realize that we should have beaten Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Carolina both times last year before the injuries piled up and the distractions of Petrino went out of control. To say we'll be worse off this year without the negatives off the field is ridiculous. Last time I checked, there wont be helicopters and planes over flower branch this year with protesters outside when training camp kicks off this week...just sayin.

Coleman, while rarely seeing the field, was more of a loss than Hall IMO.

Back to your question, I'm with you. I don't see how we can be any worse. People forget that every bit of normalcy we had was shattered when the one player our team was centered around was suspended indefinitely. At least this year the overall game plan of the staff hasn't changed since February.

mjace71 (7/22/2008)
I've been saying this for awhile. The ESPNs of the world don't realize that we should have beaten Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Carolina both times last year before the injuries piled up and the distractions of Petrino went out of control. To say we'll be worse off this year without the negatives off the field is ridiculous. Last time I checked, there wont be helicopters and planes over flower branch this year with protesters outside when training camp kicks off this week...just sayin.

what the espns of the world do realize is that losers find ways to lose. now how many times a year do these foulcons find ways to do that. pretty regularly since they have far more losing seasons than winning seasons

Define loser:

1. a person, team, nation, etc., that loses: The visiting team was the loser in the series.

2. Informal.

a. a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or, esp., a felony: a two-time loser.

b. a person who has failed at a particular activity: a loser at marriage.

c. someone or something that is marked by consistently or thoroughly bad quality, performance, etc.: Don't bother to see that film, it's a real loser.

3. Slang. a misfit, esp. someone who has never or seldom been successful at a job, personal relationship, etc.

4. a person who makes a daily habit out of frequenting a message board, not for a means of intelligent discussion but simply to gripe about how this team he/she wastes so much time obsessing over will never amount to anything.

Negrodamus (7/22/2008)
Define loser:

1. a person, team, nation, etc., that loses: The visiting team was the loser in the series.

2. Informal.

a. a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or, esp., a felony: a two-time loser.

b. a person who has failed at a particular activity: a loser at marriage.

c. someone or something that is marked by consistently or thoroughly bad quality, performance, etc.: Don't bother to see that film, it's a real loser.

3. Slang. a misfit, esp. someone who has never or seldom been successful at a job, personal relationship, etc.

4. a person who makes a daily habit out of frequenting a message board, not for a means of intelligent discussion but simply to gripe about how this team he/she wastes so much time obsessing over will never amount to anything.

1. ] the foulcons, a team that will never amount to anything

Well regardless of the injuries this year, the coaching and offensive play calling cannot be any worse than what we saw last year. I don't know how many we will win, but I do think we will win at least as many as last year.

I have seen a lot worse talent and coaching staff in the 28 seasons I have been a fan and we HAVE NEVER only won 1 game like the idiot experts predict. That just won't happen :hehe:

FalconFanForLife (7/22/2008)
Well regardless of the injuries this year, the coaching and offensive play calling cannot be any worse than what we saw last year. I don't know how many we will win, but I do think we will win at least as many as last year.

I have seen a lot worse talent and coaching staff in the 28 seasons I have been a fan and we HAVE NEVER only won 1 game like the idiot experts predict. That just won't happen :hehe:

it sure would be funny it the so- called experts are right.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

theres a 1st for everything

In a word..........NO

With the foolishness that went on all of last year from YKW to that clown brought to us by the "genius" known as Rich McKay....to the "Midnight Pig Suey"........they will not be worse than last year....NOTHING can be worse than last year....

That's what I don't get about how all the experts think this team is so horrible.  This team has lost nothing from last year.  It can only be better.  I don't have any illusions of the Falcons making the playoffs, but the future is bright.  I truly believe the foundation for success is finally being laid