Don't Know if I will be happy or not if this goes through somehow?

hitman404 (7/22/2008)
Falcons | Interested in Favre

Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:49:11 -0700

The Sporting News, citing the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Atlanta Falcons are potentially interested in former Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre.

I would LOVE this!!! We'd carry four QBs and YKW #2 would be O.U.T....  :w00t::w00t:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=437068

Reports: Packers are shopping Brett Favre

Email this article E-MAIL

Sporting News - Print this article PRINT

COMMENTS 52 Sporting News - User Comments

WATCH THIS TOPIC

Sporting News - RSS Feed

Posted: July 22, 2008

Sporting News staff reports

The Green Bay Packers have spoken to several teams, including at least one NFC team, to see what they would be willing to offer for quarterback Brett Favre, NFL Network reports.

The report did not indicate how many teams were contacted in what were termed 'exploratory' phone calls.

Sporting News contributor Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com reports that the Ravens were one of the teams the Packers contacted to gauge interest in Favre. The Ravens told Green Bay they were not interested, Florio writes.

One source speculated for NFL Network that the Packers are simply gauging what Favre is worth on the open market before deciding whether to try to trade him. Favre has said that he does want to play in 2008, and he asked for his release from the Packers, indicating he would be willing to play for a different team if Green Bay doesn't want him.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that other teams potentially interested in Favre are the Bears, Bills, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Dolphins, Falcons, Jets, Lions, Panthers, Redskins and Vikings.

That's a long list! Falcons just one of many?

This is from pft.  Their links are usually pretty good but it is linked to subscribers only.  The key word phrase is "potentially interested".  I read a different column by this McGinn guy and he seems to be more of an opiner than a factual reporter.  Brett Favre said on his interview he gave them a few teams that he would be interested in and that they were all teams that would be competetive.

PACKERS CALLED RAVENS ABOUT FAVRE

Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2008, 12:00 p.m.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has penned a column supporting the Packers position regarding the Brett Favre fiasco.  In it, he drops all sorts of news nuggets, several of which are arguably worthy of stand-alone articles.

(The story is available right here, if you re one of the suckers fine citizens who choose to pay for their Internet content.)

At one point, McGinn says that the Packers made a trade proposal to the Ravens, which was rejected.  As we hear it, however, the Packers called the Ravens only to gauge their interest, and were told that the Ravens weren t interested.

The asking price reportedly is a third-round pick and more, possibly a player.  But with both Jason Taylor and Jeremy Shockey being traded in the past two days via packages headlined by a second-rounder, the Packers might now want at least that much for Favre.

McGinn identifies the other potentially interested teams as the Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Jets Panthers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Redskins, Vikings, Bears, and Lions. 

And McGinn points out that the Packers won t give Favre permission to shop himself [a]s long as [agent Bus] Cook is calling the shots.   This means, possibly, that if Favre were to dump Cook and hire a new agent, the team might be willing to let Favre try to find a new suitor.

Having Favre in this team would really help, and really help Ryan, he can learn alot from him...but I doubt Favre wants to come here...he wants a ring...so I really think he stays in Green Bay. And then theirs all the things we have to give away for him...and then he eventually retires.  

Favre's not coming to the Falcons - I know this.  However, if by some disruption in the fabric of space, time, and logic that pervades the Universe this event were to occur - I swear to everything Holy - I would burn my season tickets and never attend a Falcons game again.  Favre's signing at this point in his career would be irrefutable proof that those who run the Falcons are too dumb to ever build it into something respectable.

Don't need him. Let him get traded elsewhere or go home.

For practical purposes, he would have to learn the playbook, langauge, our players ets.

Farve would have his own learning curb. Not like he is the missing piece to the puzzle.

No thanks. Lets go with what we got and move forward.

**21*Brooklyn Skull*21** (7/22/2008)
Having Favre in this team would really help, and really help Ryan, he can learn alot from him...but I doubt Favre wants to come here...he wants a ring...so I really think he stays in Green Bay. And then theirs all the things we have to give away for him...and then he eventually retires.  

he already has a ring..he just wants to keep playing the game

hitman404 (7/22/2008)
Falcons | Interested in Favre

Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:49:11 -0700

The Sporting News, citing the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Atlanta Falcons are potentially interested in former Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre.

If this happens it will opnly confirm my theory about Blank and the boys