This Team Isn't Talentless Like Some of You Think

Vicious

I mean, come on. Seriously! Look who the coaches have been for the last decade. Upper management as well. We haven't exactly had the most brilliant guys running this organization. This may be the first time since Dan Reeves took this team to the Super Bowl that I feel like there are football minds running this team. Smith has sat down with Dimitroff, and told him his ideas on what kind of football team he would like to have. Dimitroff took the wish list and did some research. What happened was he drafted football guys. Not just the flash in the pan name like previous staffs, but guys who fit what Smith and the gang wanted to do to a T.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling more up about the Falcons than I think I ever have. I'm not going to let some negative a-hole like Terrance Moore get me down with his negative bias of the Falcons. I could give a rat's you know what about where the preseason polls have us ranked. I can see that for a change, this team from the top to the bottom is working as one. This team has the same approach offensively as they do defensively: Smashmouth Football. They wanna cram it down the other teams throat and they want to smother the other teams offense. I actually kinda believe them when they say it now.

You could call it blind faith. Maybe it is, but so far it's not unwarranted. So perk up guys and gals, it's a week till TC, and a little over a month until the real thing starts up! I'm so ready for some football that I can't stand it anymore!. Go Falcons!

Vicious"! (7/22/2008)
I mean, come on. Seriously! Look who the coaches have been for the last decade. Upper management as well. We haven't exactly had the most brilliant guys running this organization. This may be the first time since Dan Reeves took this team to the Super Bowl that I feel like there are football minds running this team. Smith has sat down with Dimitroff, and told him his ideas on what kind of football team he would like to have. Dimitroff took the wish list and did some research. What happened was he drafted football guys. Not just the flash in the pan name like previous staffs, but guys who fit what Smith and the gang wanted to do to a T.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling more up about the Falcons than I think I ever have. I'm not going to let some negative a-hole like Terrance Moore get me down with his negative bias of the Falcons. I could give a rat's you know what about where the preseason polls have us ranked. I can see that for a change, this team from the top to the bottom is working as one. This team has the same approach offensively as they do defensively: Smashmouth Football. They wanna cram it down the other teams throat and they want to smother the other teams offense. I actually kinda believe them when they say it now.

You could call it blind faith. Maybe it is, but so far it's not unwarranted. So perk up guys and gals, it's a week till TC, and a little over a month until the real thing starts up! I'm so ready for some football that I can't stand it anymore!. Go Falcons!

TC is 4 days from today....:Whistling:

Vicious"! (7/22/2008)
kind got off topic:blush: What I was trying to get to is that I think the talent is there. I think the problem has been with the pitiful coaching staffs of recent. I think a little coaching will go a long way!

Nice post (both of them!)

I think we'll be better than the so-called experts and media types predict and I'm getting tired of all of the haters and negativity surrounding the team.  Combine good coaches with hungry players who are motivated to ramp up their performances and we could win 8 games this year.

It could happen.

Vicious"! (7/22/2008)

Vic,

We are rated dead last because the management, coaches, new players etc have zero stats to base anything on. I will give this team one thing, we should have the WORLD's Biggest Chip on our shoulder.

Real Coaches like the guys we have now, will work that chip for all it's worth.

We will surprise many!

Vic,

We are rated dead last because the management, coaches, new players etc have zero stats to base anything on. I will give this team one thing, we should have the WORLD's Biggest Chip on our shoulder.

Real Coaches like the guys we have now, will work that chip for all it's worth.

We will surprise many!

That we will my friend. I have been thinking for a while now, since Petrino called it quits, that the issue has been the coaching. Look at how the team played after his exit. It looked like two totally different teams. You might could attribute some of that to the players trying to show Petrino up and make it look as though he was the problem (which he was!). You could also attribute some of that to the players rallying around the coaches who remained after his exit because they were finally being treated like men. There isn't enough room in the pro's for someone to act like a hard ace drill sargent. These guys have enough to worry about than to worry about talking during a meal or while been transported.

Vicious"! (7/22/2008)
kind got off topic:blush: What I was trying to get to is that I think the talent is there. I think the problem has been with the pitiful coaching staffs of recent. I think a little coaching will go a long way!

for 6 of those years 1 owner has been through 6 coaches,so why is there any reason to believe he got it right this time:w00t::w00t::w00t:

To say that this team has no talent is asinine. Ovie Muhelli, Roddy White, John Abraham, Michael Boley and Keith Brooking are all above average starters at this level, with the first 4 being at or not far below pro-bowl calibre. Furthermore, Michael Turner was universally regarded as one of the top 5 offensive FA s available this year and some in the media consider him a top 10 back, so there is no reason to believe that he won't be a solid starter at the very least, and Jerious Norwood is one of the top half dozen #2 backs in the league.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We ve had 22 draft picks in the last 2 years, 9 of which were picks in rounds 1-3 of those drafts.  Thanks to all of those those selections, we have recent draft picks competing with veteran players at virtually every position, just to take 3rd string roles on this roster. I believe that we will have better depth on this roster in 2008 than in 2004 when we reached the NFCCG , when we had a roster with many quality starters but minimal depth and few promising prospects behind them.

Looking at the 2008 season, our biggest drawback is simply that we have a LOT of 1st and 2nd year players in key positions, including our potential franchise QB, 2 starting OL, 2 of our top 3 WRs, our primary backup TE, a Starting DE, our starting MLB, 2 backup OLBs, a Safety and 2 of our top 3 (arguably 3 or our top 4) CBs. Looking beyond 2008, this  roster has significant potential. However, anybody who knows anything about this league, understands that it takes at least 3 years before you can begin to evaluate a draft, because that s how long it takes most rookies to develop and find their feet at this level.  Therefore, in reality nobody knows how good or bad many of our key players are, because at this time they are very inexperienced and still in the steepest part of a 3+ year learning.

Yeah sign me up for rthe "we are gonna be better than the experts think" club.

There is some good talent here (although very little depth), and the coaches have good experience in the NFL. I wish our O-line was better, but I have my fingers crossed on them.

This will be a better year than last year, and that is good enough for now.