USA Today on Falcons Marketing

Nothing much in the article we on this board didn't already know.  What really gets me is how USA Today found it necessary to interview the ATL village idiot (you'll know who it is) - for "balance" I guess.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Link:  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ing-cover_N.htm

falcon_freddie (7/22/2008)

Nothing much in the article we on this board didn't already know.  What really gets me is how USA Today found it necessary to interview the ATL village idiot (you'll know who it is) - for "balance" I guess.

I KNEW IT WAS THAT GUY. T. MOORE. I DIDN'T EVEN READ WHAT HE SAID, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT HE'S GOING TO SAY, SO I SPARED MYSELF THE FRUSTRATION.;)

falcon_freddie (7/22/2008)

That dude annoys me to no end.

theyhateme (7/22/2008)
bigduke633 (7/22/2008)
Speaking of gimmicks,terrance why dont you slap atlanta in the face?When was the last article you said hey moore really nailed the subject?Instead he nails the player or the city.

He has always been this way....:angry:  What a $%^^&&*$^#$!!!!!

Interesting...............:P

It's okay for you to say it. 

I love how T.Moore cites Atlanta being a city of frequent transplants as the reason for why Atlanta isn't a good sports town when there are dozens of NFL/major sports cities in which there are dozens of cities that have transient populations that have loyal followings. The problem isn't about the people Mr. Moore it's about the traditions.. cities and teams that have winning traditions have loyal fans. Take Washington DC for example, the Redskins are the end all be all for the state of Virginia, most of Maryland and Washington DC. Those areas have a VERY high rate of transplanted fans who not only support the Skins but quickly turn into die hard fans, why? A winning tradition. Winning cures everything.. win for a several years consistently and you have yourself a very successful franchise for decades to come.

aerosmith67 (7/22/2008)
I love how T.Moore cites Atlanta being a city of frequent transplants as the reason for why Atlanta isn't a good sports town when there are dozens of NFL/major sports cities in which there are dozens of cities that have transient populations that have loyal followings. The problem isn't about the people Mr. Moore it's about the traditions.. cities and teams that have winning traditions have loyal fans. Take Washington DC for example, the Redskins are the end all be all for the state of Virginia, most of Maryland and Washington DC. Those areas have a VERY high rate of transplanted fans who not only support the Skins but quickly turn into die hard fans, why? A winning tradition. Winning cures everything.. win for a several years consistently and you have yourself a very successful franchise for decades to come.

I have to disagree on that one. Sure winning will give us more sold tickets, but I don't know about hardcore Falcons fans being converted from it. Atlanta has a problem with being in the middle of SEC country and UGA will always outshine the Falcons.

formul8or (7/22/2008)
aerosmith67 (7/22/2008)

I have to disagree on that one. Sure winning will give us more sold tickets, but I don't know about hardcore Falcons fans being converted from it. Atlanta has a problem with being in the middle of SEC country and UGA will always outshine the Falcons.

Selling tickets and marketing the team is the point of this article and while UGA is massive in and around Atlanta there IS room for an NFL team to shine. UGA in the big scheme of things should have little impact on an NFL team being successful, there's no reason why the Falcons can't tap into those who love to watch football on Saturdays. I could see if UGA and the Falcons were directly competing head to head every week during the fall but they're not. UGA may outshine the Falcons but there is zero reason to why they can't coexist.

aerosmith67 (7/22/2008)
formul8or (7/22/2008)
aerosmith67 (7/22/2008)

Selling tickets and marketing the team is the point of this article and while UGA is massive in and around Atlanta there IS room for an NFL team to shine. UGA in the big scheme of things should have little impact on an NFL team being successful, there's no reason why the Falcons can't tap into those who love to watch football on Saturdays. I could see if UGA and the Falcons were directly competing head to head every week during the fall but they're not. UGA may outshine the Falcons but there is zero reason to why they can't coexist.

It's not that they are competing, it's that Georgia the state is more focuses on college football than the pros. I have lived in every corner of the state and it's the same story in each city.

What would you say is the problem with the Jaguars with attendance?