2008 MBGT Hotel, game and ticket info HOME OPENER

jstammer

<SPAN id=_ctl2_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl41_lblFullMessage><P>Spoke to the La Quinta GM and we can get a better rate through the website than what he offered us as a group.</P><P>Single room with 2 Beds is $80.10 on week nights (wed, thus, sun) and only $49.50 on weekends (fri, sat). BUT you must use the code "PETPRK" in the rate code box to get that rate. Use this link to see for yourself.</P><P><A href="http://www.lq.com/lq/respath/checkAvailability.do?searchCity=atlanta&searchState=GA&searchRadius=20&searchType=&searchOCity=&searchOState=&searchOAddress=&searchOPostal=&searchDCity=&searchDState=&searchDAddress=&searchDPostal=&corridorRadius=&excludeFromStart=&checkInMonth=09&checkInDay=04&checkInYear=2008&checkOutMonth=09&checkOutDay=08&checkOutYear=2008&palsra_IND_M=09&palsra_IND_D=04&palsra_IND_Y=2008&palsra_OTD_M=09&palsra_OTD_D=08&palsra_OTD_Y=2008&palsra_NRM=9&palsra_ROC=4&palsra_NCH=0&palsra_AMC2=NSMK&palsra_RPC1=&palsra_CCN1=PETPRK&userAction=PROCESS&propId=168&palsra_CUA1=&searchQuery=%2Flq%2FproxySearchRes.do%3Favailability.palsra_RPC1%3D%26searchCity%3Datlanta%26searchState%3DGA%26searchRadius%3D20%26mapProvider%3DMapQuest%26searchType%3DGEO%26promocorp%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_Y%3D2008%26availability.palsra_IND_M%3D09%26availability.palsra_IND_D%3D04%26availability.palsra_OTD_Y%3D2008%26availability.palsra_OTD_M%3D09%26availability.palsra_OTD_D%3D08%26availability.palsra_NRM%3D9%26availability.palsra_ROC%3D4%26availability.palsra_NCH%3D0%26availability.palsra_AMC2%3D%26availability.palsra_RPC1%3D%26availability.palsra_CCN1%3DPETPRK%26availability.palsra_CUA1%3D&resType=&confNumber=&currCode=USD&x=42&y=19">http://www.lq.com/lq/respath/checkAvailabi...p;x=42&y=19</A></P><P>On another note. I am unable to attend this year. :crying: </P><P>My work just got a huge contract and our deadline is October 31st. They have us working six 10-hour days a week. I simply cannot get away to come this year. </P><P>I'm sure you guys can figure it out on your own and have a great time. It seems that the Chiefs game had a few more people wanting that game, but it seems that most of those who responded on the threads were wanting the home opener against the Lions.</P><P>With regard to tickets. I can get those who need them, tickets through the Falcons for around $30 each. They will be upper level corners.</P><P></SPAN> 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James, I feel your Pain!!

I won't rule out me making it becuase I never say never, but it is not looking good for me to attend this year.

a) I'm suposed to start a new job Monday, if that happens, I don't think I can get off a week so close to the start of a new gig

B) if I don't take the gig, I'll have the time but not the cash.

2009 is a MUST, but right now it's about a 75% chance this year is out for me.

Just let's be sure that You, Me, Horse and a few others not making it this year does not Kill the MBGT, instead let's return in 09, bigger, better & stronger for it:w00t:

Dayum! No Stammer, no Clowny, no horse, Haven't heard from the Mr. & Mrs. Nutman either. On top of that, how will we make the final decision on which game to have the mbgt? Yall know which game I want. But I'm not a majority. The first vote went for the opening day game as the winner, the second vote was close with the Cheifs game.

Whichever game is chosen, I will be there to help keep it going. What will we now do in regards to the gig at Falcons Landing? Lots of questions.

Ok, just made my reservation for September 5 and 6. Someone else will have to step up and take over for James. He has always carried the ball on this one. I have never done it before, but this will be my fourth or fifth AFMBMG, so I could help out.

Just show up and have fun. That's all it is about.

James Stammer wrote:Spoke to the La Quinta GM and we can get a better rate through the website than what he offered us as a group. Single room with 2 Beds is $80.10 on week nights (wed, thus, sun) and only $49.50 on weekends (fri, sat). BUT you must use the code "PETPRK" in the rate code box to get that rate. On another note. I am unable to attend this year. My work just got a huge contract and our deadline is October 31st. They have us working six 10-hour days a week. I simply cannot get away to come this year. I'm sure you guys can figure it out on your own and have a great time. It seems that the Chiefs game had a few more people wanting that game, but it seems that most of those who responded on the threads were wanting the home opener against the Lions.With regard to tickets. I can get those who need them, tickets through the Falcons for around $30 each. They will be upper level corners.

Ok, James, I understand. You gotta pay the bills first. It won't be the same without you, Clown, and Iowa, but we'll keep it going until next year. At that point, Rev and I decided that the baton passes back to you. Book some time off around Sept. 1, 2009 right now so there aren't any misunderstanding with the boss man!

If you can co-ordinate the tickets from your location, that would be great. Otherwise, feel free to supply the information to me, and I'll do my best to get the job done.

Most people move on the first weekend of the month, NOT the first weekend of the NFL.......Are you sure you're a football fan?

Yeah, this was out of my control. I have a roommate who bailed on me. I might be able to get it done before that.

The good thing about it: I might be moving in with a friend, so no lease or anything. Then I can concentrate on making my move to the ATL.

Yeah, this was out of my control. I have a roommate who bailed on me. I might be able to get it done before that.

The good thing about it: I might be moving in with a friend, so no lease or anything. Then I can concentrate on making my move to the ATL.

Well, do this. If you can't make opening weekend, come on down another weekend and we can still do a beer tour.