Does anybody else notice that were setting up a very Patriots-esque offense?

Gimmesomo

We bring in a high-IQ QB, a workhorse back, a buncha big ugly no-name linemen, multiple dual threat tight-ends, a slot receiver with great break away ability, a physical linebacking core with good depth and a considerable amount of potential and quality depth in the secondary...am i the only one who recognizes the Falcons as: THE JUNIOR PATRIOTS!!!

Gimmesomo (7/22/2008)
We bring in a high-IQ QB, a workhorse back, a buncha big ugly no-name linemen, multiple dual threat tight-ends, a slot receiver with great break away ability, a physical linebacking core with good depth and a considerable amount of potential and quality depth in the secondary...am i the only one who recognizes the Falcons as: THE JUNIOR PATRIOTS!!!

no not at all.

I agree to disagree, although Pittsburgh does run a bit more "smash mouth" style it's combined with a more 'vertical threat' type of passing which is similar to both Jags and Pats but we're giving our future starting QB more options in terms of  receiving which is a very Patriots-esque thing to do...especially if combine that with a strong run game

Gimmesomo (7/22/2008)

ALL I KNOW IS IF IT WORKS, LET'S EXPLOIT THE HECK OUT OF IT. I DON'T MIND BEING THE JUNIOR PATRIOTS! IF IT CAUSES US TO WIN ...... LET'S BE IT!:cool:

Magic Man (7/22/2008)
I can definitely recognize that TD is putting together more of a TEAM than before, and there are similarities between the Falcons and Patriots, but to call the Falcons the Junior Patriots is similar to calling WWII a "skirmish"

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT? ............... EVEN IF IT'S TRUE.

GEORGIAfan (7/22/2008)
umm no not Patriot at all. they have a 6th round QB, while we have a 3rd pick QB.  we are more Steelers and Jags with our offense not Patriot.

Totally agree with you on this one.  Turner is our version of Drew, and Norwood is our Fred Taylor. 

Well I have seen mularkey offenses before,not like the pats.I have seen what we have been doing at the minis,not like the pats.Haveing said that I really dont think we have fine tuned our offense.I do laugh when I hear people talking about what offense or defense will do or look like when we havent even played a down in the preseason.

Rodney (7/22/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/22/2008)
umm no not Patriot at all. they have a 6th round QB, while we have a 3rd pick QB.  we are more Steelers and Jags with our offense not Patriot.

Totally agree with you on this one.  Turner is our version of Drew, and Norwood is our Fred Taylor. 

we can fially agree on something.

the nfl is a leage of copycats. I think TD is trying to copy the Pats on offense and the gaints on defense.

The defense is designed to put pressure on the qb,the d-line has to have interchangeable parts, everybody plays everwhere. The linebackers are smart and fast, able to pressure the qb when called apond. This takes some of the pressure of your db's.

The offense is ball control, run or pass if have to able to do both. However, points  come from the passing game. Brady is the best ever, hopefully Ryane can copy Brady.

Gimmesomo (7/22/2008)

regardless of who they imitate they still have to execute the plan which is something they have little success at doing

I don't see much resemblence in the Falcons trying to establish a 'Patriots' style of offense but I do see a combination of Patriots/Giants style of Defense being developed.  I just hope it that it's as effective as theirs because if it is, then our Offense, which more resembles the Jags/Steelers should be able to take us towards an NFC South title.  Okay, a lifelong fan can dream once in a while, right?

Gimmesomo (7/22/2008)

this has to be the post of the decade right here, hilarious!