Iraqi PM: I Support Obama's Stance on the War

womfalcs3

Being talked about on CNN.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90854/6455337.html

McCain says it doesn't matter what the Iraqis want... he's focusing more on the situation on the "ground". The bush administration tried to say the PM was misquoted, but a spokesman of the PM affirmed the truth.

Obama gets support from the Iraqi PM as to how the war should be handled. :cool:

This is great news for all of the troops over there. I just hope that the PM and Obama aren't wrong, seeing as neither of them have military experience and, IMO, wouldn't really be able to assess the situation on the ground. But it has been apparent from the get-go that Obama doesn't give a **** about what the commanders in Iraq say, he wants to do it his way. It would be a lot harder to go back in to remove Iran and Syria from Iraq if they are worng. We'll see......

Bush doesn't have real military experience, and he called for this disastrous war.

Plus, the Bush administration is now carrying strong diplomatic relations (with no preconditions) with Iran, after condemning Obama in Israel for calling for the same thing.

Obama's policies seem to be those that the Republicans initially disagree with, but it's those policies that eventually prove to be right.

You don't need military experience to realize what the logical future move should be.

Bush doesn't have real military experience, and he called for this disastrous war.

Disastrous? What part of this war has been "disastrous"? The fact the a country has been liberated from the rule of a tyrannical dictator and given a new democratic government? The same government that according to your story is calling for a removal of the US troops because the US has stabilized the country? What was disastrous?

BTW, it takes the Congress to declare war, not just one man. Bush has listened to the Commanders in Iraq and what needed to be done. By doing this, he has improved the situation 10 fold. The surge worked. The same surge that Obama was against. Yeah, he knows what he's doing.

Plus, the Bush administration is now carrying strong diplomatic relations (with no preconditions) with Iran, after condemning Obama in Israel for calling for the same thing.

The Bush Administration is conducting talks with Iran, but I believe, and I could be wrong, that it is not in the same capacity that Obama spoke about. I could be wrong.

Obama's policies seem to be those that the Republicans initially disagree with, but it's those policies that eventually prove to be right.

List 5. Obama has flip-flopped so much lately that it is impossible to know where he stands right now.

You don't need military experience to realize what the logical future move should be.

No, you don't. But you do need to LISTEN to those who do have the experience.Obama has made it clear that he was going to do it his way, no matter what the military advisers said. He has NEVER sat down and spoken with Petraeus and already had his mind made up before he ever stepped foot in Iraq. His "logic" is nothing more than ignorance.

I want nothing more than for our troops to come home, but I don't want them home BEFORE the Iraqi government, military and security forces are ready to fend for themselves.

womfalcs3 (7/21/2008)

IF you were an American, I MIGHT give a shyte about who you think should be President.  Since you are not, as you have posted yourself, STFU.

More often than not, it's Obama that says one thing then changes his mind and does the opposite, and you've all defended him as someone who's "intelligent enough to change his mind and do the right thing".  I guess when Bush does it, though, it's a different story.