Petrino on College Football Live

JustinTJ

I saw it on ESPN, then wanted to check the internet to make sure. I ran into this garbage:

No Grudge ? Bobby Petrino said he didn't pay attention to the abuse the national media heaped on him after leaving the Atlanta Falcons' head coaching position with three games left in the NFL season to accept the Arkansas Razorbacks' head coaching position.

Petrino wasn't fibbing or he's one of the more forgiving guys around because at 2: 30 p.m. Tuesday, he is scheduled to be a guest on ESPN's " College Football Live, " according to an online promo. Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel will be the program's Monday guest according to the promo.

ESPN led the charge in verbally eviscerating Petrino for his decision to leave Atlanta. It will be interesting to see if the network is a bit more balanced in its treatment of Petrino after learning how Falcons owner Arthur Blank played ESPN and other media for sympathy so the sting of losing the head coach wouldn't fall on the franchise.

On Friday, Dec. 7, Blank was OK with his first-year coach moving back into the college game, but when the Federal prosecutors sentenced Michael Vick to 23 months in the pen on Monday, Dec. 10, Blank decided to hold Petrino in place so his organization wouldn't take a second public relations hit in consecutive days.

That's why the Falcons took such a Shermanesque approach in dealing with Petrino's departure.

While it was dirty politics on the part of Blank and the Falcons, I suppose they should be given credit for duping the national media into making the situation into a one-sided story.

Through all of the criticism, Petrino has taken the high road and elected not to speak publicly about the situation, preferring to talk about the future and not the past.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/67305

justintj (7/21/2008)
I saw it on ESPN, then wanted to check the internet to make sure. I ran into this garbage:

No Grudge ? Bobby Petrino said he didn't pay attention to the abuse the national media heaped on him after leaving the Atlanta Falcons' head coaching position with three games left in the NFL season to accept the Arkansas Razorbacks' head coaching position.

Petrino wasn't fibbing or he's one of the more forgiving guys around because at 2: 30 p.m. Tuesday, he is scheduled to be a guest on ESPN's " College Football Live, " according to an online promo. Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel will be the program's Monday guest according to the promo.

ESPN led the charge in verbally eviscerating Petrino for his decision to leave Atlanta. It will be interesting to see if the network is a bit more balanced in its treatment of Petrino after learning how Falcons owner Arthur Blank played ESPN and other media for sympathy so the sting of losing the head coach wouldn't fall on the franchise.

On Friday, Dec. 7, Blank was OK with his first-year coach moving back into the college game, but when the Federal prosecutors sentenced Michael Vick to 23 months in the pen on Monday, Dec. 10, Blank decided to hold Petrino in place so his organization wouldn't take a second public relations hit in consecutive days.

That's why the Falcons took such a Shermanesque approach in dealing with Petrino's departure.

While it was dirty politics on the part of Blank and the Falcons, I suppose they should be given credit for duping the national media into making the situation into a one-sided story.

Through all of the criticism, Petrino has taken the high road and elected not to speak publicly about the situation, preferring to talk about the future and not the past.

Well of course not, he'd rather do all his talking during a late night rendezvous. That's his MO. ;)