T.O a hero??

big boss

John Shearer/Getty Images
 After appearing at the ESPYS, Terrell Owens came to the aid of a reporter.

I must admit to "forgetting" to watch the ESPYS Sunday night. But something tells me I'll have a few more opportunities in the coming months.

Some of you might be interested to know that one of the show's presenters, budding thespian Terrell Eldorado Owens, helped rescue an ESPN.com reporter following a nasty collision in Los Angeles.

Sam Alipour, who writes the popular "Media Blitz" column for ESPN The Mag and Page 2, was attempting to hail a cab several hours after the ESPYS on Thursday when he got in the way of a Honda Civic. Alipour alertly jumped over the front bumper, but couldn't avoid the front windshield of the "hard charging" vehicle.

When Alipour came to, he looked up to see T.O. standing over him, which may have seemed unusual at the time. Owens, who was attending one of several post-ESPYS parties that I wasn't invited to, was the first person to render aid following the collision. Here's a memorable portion of Alipour's story:

"Wow, you all right, man?" Owens kept asking [Alipour], but in a manner that would suggest there is no possible way that I, in fact, could be all right. "Don't move. Just sit there. Breathe. Don't move."

Is it just me or do strange things always happen around T.O.? Earlier this offseason, he was minding his own business on South Beach when he accidentally walked through the set of an adult film. This rarely happens to me in Dallas.

According to Alipour, who recovered in time to file his story, T.O. stuck around and comforted him until the paramedics arrived. But when a large crowd began to gather, perhaps because T.O. was standing next to a bleeding man, the controversial player slipped into the night.

I was so moved by the story that I decided not to make a joke about the tuxedo Owens rented from the Busy Beaver in Waco, Texas.

OK, I have to go do some radio now. I'll check back later.

SOMETIMES T.O. THINKS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. HE'S REALLY A GOOD GUY. A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU IF TALK A LITTLE TOO MUCH. AND TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF DOESN'T HELP VERY MUCH. BUT ALL IN ALL ..... I LIKE T.O. AND NO ONE CAN EVER SAY HE'S NOT GOOD AT HIS JOB. GOOD FOR YOU T.O. LET'EM MESS WITH THIS!;)