Not good, not good at all

bossFALCON™

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bossFALCON"! (7/21/2008)
saints trade a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick to the giants for j.shock. shockey to the saints was the LAST trade i wanted to hear about. the rich get richer.

Assuming the offense stays healthy and plays anywhere near to potential, we are contenders. The defense doesnt have to be a lot better, it just needs to shave 2-3 points off their game average from last year and I would think that should happen.

adding Vilma and Ellis should accomplish that along with getting David out of the lineup

a dyspeptic quadraplegic >>>>>>>> Jason David

Dago (7/21/2008)
bossFALCON"! (7/21/2008)
saints trade a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick to the giants for j.shock. shockey to the saints was the LAST trade i wanted to hear about. the rich get richer.

Assuming the offense stays healthy and plays anywhere near to potential, we are contenders. The defense doesnt have to be a lot better, it just needs to shave 2-3 points off their game average from last year and I would think that should happen.

adding Vilma and Ellis should accomplish that along with getting David out of the lineup

a dyspeptic quadraplegic >>>>>>>> Jason David

do the saints know who is supposed to replace david yet?

and the thing that scares me the most is that shockey is leaving the giants with a bad taste in his mouth and people are acting as though he isnt good and cant play anymore. we all remember what happened when TO left the eagles and joined the cowboys and what moss did when he left OAK and joined NE. granted shockey is no TO or moss, but i think he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder and will feel re-energized on the saints. hopefully im wrong though.:D:P

I couldn't wait to get home today to post about Jeremy Shockey.:w00t:

This is an earth shattering move for the Saints. Does everyone realize what Brees does with a good pass catching (also good blocking)TE? Brees made Antonio Gates what he is.

Shockey wants the rock badly and he will get it from Brees and Payton's pass happy game. No complaints or temper tantrums from Shockey cuz he will be a main cog in this offense unlike in N.Y. Also, Coach Payton has a rep with Shockey from his time as OC with the Giants.

Does this take more of the attention of the defense off Bush? I would say YES definitely!

lol! Jatchis IS FEELING it now too! D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y B-A-B-Y D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y There ya go man!:hehe:

Unfortunately, with Jeremy Shockey, you get his attitude and personal fouls along

with his 60 or so receptions per year.

I had text messages and IM's from about a half dozen of my friends who

are saints fans, all of whom were guardedly and cautiously optimistic.

Most feel Brees only has a couple of more seasons to get back deep into the

playoffs and then their window closes, so they might as well try to win now.

None of my friends was excited about losing the draft choices.

totalbirdbrain (7/21/2008)
Unfortunately, with Jeremy Shockey, you get his attitude and personal fouls along

I have faith in Payton and our GM that can find diamonds in the rough.

Saints needed a playmaking TE and some attitude, Shockey fits the bill.

Reminds me of the good part of Kyle Turley.

I think the Saints should try to win now also, so they should go at it.

Eric Johnson is a pretty good tight end... not really a blocker, but a serviceable receiver. If I were the Saints and I was willing to spend a 2nd and 5th, I might have picked a position with more of a need.

But hey, good pickup. Hope he doesn't get pissed that the Saints have no intention of giving him a raise.

saint vitus (7/21/2008)

lol wow got the shockey sig up already?:hehe:

bossFALCON"! (7/21/2008)
saint vitus (7/21/2008)

lol wow got the shockey sig up already?:hehe:

Well, ya know I couldn't resist.:cool:

"People talk about how we're a better team without him, but those are the people that don't know football," wide receiver Plaxico Burress said, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. "I hear that and it's like, 'You people are crazy. You've never played a down of football in your life, so what would you even know?' The guy walks on the field and he demands a double team. Before he even straps it up and goes out to play, he's already made the team better. Him going to New Orleans, he makes them one of the best offenses in the league."

;)

saint vitus (7/21/2008)
Unfortunately, with Jeremy Shockey, you get his attitude and personal fouls along with his 60 or so receptions per year.

saint vitus

As to faith in your front office, I think I would have agreed with you after

the 2006 offseason with a draft that included Reggie Bush, Roman Harper,

Jahri Evans, and Marques Colston on top of Drew Brees, and acquiring

Jeff Faine. On the other hand, your offseason in 2007 was terrible, although

I liked the Sedrick Ellis, Taylor Mehlhaff, Adrian Arrington, and Carl Nicks

picks in the Saints 2008 draft.

As a Falcon fan, I just hope Shockey continues his antics at yelling at his

coaches, the officials, his quarterback, and his general manager. Also, I

really hope he has a chance to introduce his agent Drew Rosenhaus to

the entire Saints team. Anyway, I'm glad the Saints gave up the draft

picks.

As for what Plaxico Burress says, he is just another Rosenhaus client.

saint vitus (7/21/2008)

This is an earth shattering move for the Saints. Does everyone realize what Brees does with a good pass catching (also good blocking)TE? Brees made Antonio Gates what he is.

Shockey wants the rock badly and he will get it from Brees and Payton's pass happy game. No complaints or temper tantrums from Shockey cuz he will be a main cog in this offense unlike in N.Y. Also, Coach Payton has a rep with Shockey from his time as OC with the Giants.

Does this take more of the attention of the defense off Bush? I would say YES definitely!

lol! Jatchis IS FEELING it now too! D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y B-A-B-Y D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y There ya go man!:hehe:

I'm not worried about this trade at all.  Shockey can't stay healthy and I'm not sure Brees can either, not to mention Vilma.  The Saints already proved they can't live up to the hype and to start building your hopes on an often injured TE and LB is just plain silly!

WhenFalconsWin (7/22/2008)
saint vitus (7/21/2008)

I'm not worried about this trade at all.  Shockey can't stay healthy and I'm not sure Brees can either, not to mention Vilma.  The Saints already proved they can't live up to the hype and to start building your hopes on an often injured TE and LB is just plain silly!

even if that is true, at least we have something to hype :D

The same Shockey that had a season ending injury, was replaced by a rookie and saw his team go on to win a Super Bowl as underdogs in each game?

The Saints were just as excited about their team last year and everyone knows how that turned out. Pretenders once again. At least the Falcons are honest.

Remarkable (7/22/2008)
The same Shockey that had a season ending injury, was replaced by a rookie and saw his team go on to win a Super Bowl as underdogs in each game?

The Saints were just as excited about their team last year and everyone knows how that turned out. Pretenders once again. At least the Falcons are honest.

LOL you bird fans are so amusing. I guess when your team is this terrible you have to pick holes in other teams to pass the time.

bucman - I dont think any rational saint fan expects this move to get us to the "big game" but if he is 100% then it sure helps. Opens up a lot of possibilities. Well ses pretty early this year wont we. See you Sept 7th.

bucman (7/22/2008)
Shocky is no Winslow... Unless its gonzalez or gates I'm not stressing.

Saints act like they just won the freakintour de france with this trade... Its just a Tightend, Dont think a TE ever made or break a team before.

Yet he still is and is considered to be in the upper echelon of TE rankings...

Saint's and our fans are of course ecstatic. We have a STUD at the TE spot, that can catch/run, open up for other position guys to make plays, is a GREAT run-blocker and has a reasonable contract on top of that.

You do know that TE's exploit the 'Cover-2', right? :D