Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ytc

Breaking NEWS : Shockey traded to Saints

17 posts in this topic

ESPN is reporting Jeremy Shockey has been traded to the Saints for a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick. Seems like a steep price.

thoguht u said shockley at first

but this is far worse. giving brees a reliable receiver in shockey AND colston. this might be trouble, but luckily i think shockeys going to meett he injury bug again

the defense still has to be better. if they can give up 21 points or less per game, the Saints will be contenders assuming they stay relatively healthy

Could it be that a disgruntled Shockley will be a cancer in the Saints' locker room??????

I have no idea but generally when a player is a cancer in one locker room, he brings it with him.

firstngoal (7/21/2008)
Could it be that a disgruntled Shockley will be a cancer in the Saints' locker room??????

I have no idea but generally when a player is a cancer in one locker room, he brings it with him.

im not so sure. moss and TO were designated as "cancers" in their locker rooms and you see what their production was like in their first year with their new teams. granted he is NO TO or moss, but you get my point. plus shockey knows what he is getting himself into and he knows he wont get the ball every play in NO, but he knows he'll get it a **** of a lot of times. and he already said he wanted to be in NO. maybe he'll be a cancer a couple of years down the road, but i dont see it happening at first.

firstngoal (7/21/2008)

Shockey.....:pinch:

firstngoal (7/21/2008)

I HEARD SOME OF THE SAME REFERENCE TO CRUMPLER LAST YEAR. YOU KNOW, WHEN HE WAS CALLING OUT THE COACH. THEN EVERYBODY FOUND OUT THE COACH NEEDED CALLING OUT. SOMETIMES THE CANCER'S NOT THE PLAYER ..... IT'S THE LOCKER ROOM.

Well, I saw where ESPN reported the stats without Jeremy Shockey for the Giants, with the exception of maybe 1 they were a lot better without him.

Will he be an impact player for that 'Aints? "Who cares", they are gonna do what they wanna do, I think he's overrated anyway. If the 'Aint's think they are gonna stroll into the football stadium be it here, or there and just roll all over the Falcons new : "TEAM", then they will be sadly mistaken. IMO.....

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they made any headway on the Sedrick Ellis negotiations yet?

popcornplaya (7/21/2008)
Have they made any headway on the Sedrick Ellis negotiations yet?

the agents, Saints, and Chiefs are all hoping 'the other guy' signs first since they play the same position and were drafted so closely together in the first round

ytc (7/21/2008)
ESPN is reporting Jeremy Shockey has been traded to the Saints for a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick. Seems like a steep price.

not steep, he's good

David Ethan (7/21/2008)
ytc (7/21/2008)

not steep, he's good

yeah good enough to be on IR for them come the season.

that is really bad news for us.

shockey is just one more offensive weapon that we will have to deal with on the saints.

if tampa gets brett favre, we won't have a single team with an offensive liability.

with the defense being our weakest part of the team, we will have to do some real coaching this year.

trubirdfan4life (7/21/2008)
that is really bad news for us.

shockey is just one more offensive weapon that we will have to deal with on the saints.

if tampa gets brett favre, we won't have a single team with an offensive liability.

with the defense being our weakest part of the team, we will have to do some real coaching this year.

HE'S MADE FOR THE SAINTS OFFENSE. THEY ARE A PASS FIRST OFFENSE. DREW BRESS WHEN HE WAS WITH THE CHARGERS AND TE ANTONIO GATES, HE THREW 45% OF HIS PASSES TO THE TE. NOT TO MENTION THE SAINTS HEAD COACH AND SHOCKEY WERE TOGETHER IN NEW YORK. AND THEY GOT ALONG GREAT. THIS IS NOT GOOD!