Jeremy Shockey to the Saints

Goat

Sun Tzu 7 (7/21/2008)
Here's another thing to think about...

If we run a true cover 2 what is the position that can really mess that coverage up?

If you said Tight End you're right.

That's why we need to make sure we have an LB that can cover a premium TE.

Wow, you are referencing things that actually happen on the football field in terms of

scheme, not just mindless trash talk like most on this board. We need more posters like you. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you know how they hate Thugs around here.  Hypocrites!  As bad as we needed a TE, we could've signed to a one year deal with options to extend.  AF gotta get off this character shyt.  Character don't scare nobody.  Fear and intimidation wins battles in the trenches not nice guys that take their grandmother to Longhorn on Sundays after church.

Dec 18, 2007 Fractured left fibula 
Dec 17, 2007 Fractured left fibula 
Dec 14, 2007  Stomach 
Dec 07, 2007  Stomach 
Aug 21, 2007 Hamstring 
Jan 03, 2007  Ankle 
Dec 27, 2006  Ankle 
Oct 11, 2006  Foot 
Oct 10, 2006 Foot 
Sep 20, 2006  Ankle 
Sep 13, 2006  Ankle 
Sep 08, 2006  Ankle 
Jan 04, 2006  Ankle 
Dec 28, 2005  Ankle 
Nov 23, 2005  Chest 
Nov 16, 2005  Chest 
Sep 14, 2005  Ankle 
Dec 29, 2004  Back 
Sep 08, 2004  Hamstring/foot 
Dec 24, 2003  Knee 
Dec 17, 2003  Knee 
Dec 10, 2003  Knee 
Dec 04, 2003  Knee 
Nov 26, 2003  Knee 
Nov 19, 2003  Knee 
Nov 12, 2003  Knee 
Nov 05, 2003  Foot 
Oct 29, 2003  Foot 
Oct 22, 2003  Foot 
Oct 15, 2003  Foot 
Sep 03, 2003  Rib 
Dec 26, 2002  Illness 
Oct 30, 2002  Toe 
Oct 23, 2002  Toe 
Oct 09, 2002  Toe 
Oct 06, 2002  Turf toe 

He didn't miss any games, but his various injuries are slowing him down.

What was his problem with the Giants anyway? He got his defacto SB ring, but he had a problem with management and the coach for some reason.

FalconMama (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/21/2008)
FalconMama (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/21/2008)
The Saints are looking dangerous...The offense will be very powerful...But the saints DB's still suck tho......

They have a great D-line and the Giants showed us all what you can do with a great D-line and mediocre Db's

I agree... we will see tho... The saints had a weak LB group to but now they have Jonathan Vilma playing MLB....... They are beatable.... but still good....... Sean Payton has to put everything together

Well being beaten and soundly beaten by them the past 2 years, it's a shock that most are taking them so lightly. Excuse me while I get the bad taste out of my mouth.

I understand ma....... I dont think the saints are a power house but they do look d@mn good

bossFALCON"! (7/21/2008)
not cool, not cool at all. not trying to be negative, but look at what their O has done to us the last 2 years...now add shockey to that.:crying: NOT GOOD. hopefully their D is just as bad as their O is good.

BOSS, ANY BODY WHO THINKS THIS DOES NOT HELP THE SAINTS, BETTER STICK WITH MADDEN FOOTBALL. THESE GUYS OFFENSE IS THE CREAM OF THE CROP IN THE NFC SOUTH  ........... THE CREAMS JUST GOT A LITTLE THICKER.

Statick (7/21/2008)
Dec 18, 20070Fractured left fibula
Dec 17, 20070Fractured left fibula
Dec 14, 2007Stomach
Dec 07, 2007Stomach
Aug 21, 20070Hamstring
Jan 03, 2007Ankle
Dec 27, 2006Ankle
Oct 11, 2006Foot
Oct 10, 20060Foot
Sep 20, 2006Ankle
Sep 13, 2006Ankle
Sep 08, 2006Ankle
Jan 04, 2006Ankle
Dec 28, 2005Ankle
Nov 23, 2005Chest
Nov 16, 2005Chest
Sep 14, 2005Ankle
Dec 29, 2004Back
Sep 08, 2004Hamstring/foot
Dec 24, 2003Knee
Dec 17, 2003Knee
Dec 10, 2003Knee
Dec 04, 2003Knee
Nov 26, 2003Knee
Nov 19, 2003Knee
Nov 12, 2003Knee
Nov 05, 2003Foot
Oct 29, 2003Foot
Oct 22, 2003Foot
Oct 15, 2003Foot
Sep 03, 2003Rib
Dec 26, 2002Illness
Oct 30, 2002Toe
Oct 23, 2002Toe
Oct 09, 2002Toe
Oct 06, 2002Turf toe

He didn't miss any games, but his various injuries are slowing him down.

What was his problem with the Giants anyway? He got his defacto SB ring, but he had a problem with management and the coach for some reason.

He didn't feel "wanted" aka.. they didn't kiss my #####.

Shockey is a stud when he's healthy.  This is an enormous receiving upgrade over Eric Johnson.  As for the Saints, it changes the dynamics of their offense.  They are pulling their offense closer to the LOS.  If they have another receiver other than Colston step up, they will be very dangerous.  If not, defenses can press the LOS with Bush/McAllister/Shockey being their main offensive threats, and swing safety coverage towards Colston.  If they have another wideout step up, that offense is going to be very difficult to handle.

falcon_freddie (7/21/2008)

Jeremy Shockey is one of those players who I would like to buy for what he's worth and then sell for what he thinks he's worth.  In the end the Saints may regret attaining him; Shockey will prove to have as many liabilities for the Saints as assets.

FREDDIE, WATCH WHAT HE DOES TO US.

REV.2000 (7/21/2008)

Jeremy Shockey is one of those players who I would like to buy for what he's worth and then sell for what he thinks he's worth.  In the end the Saints may regret attaining him; Shockey will prove to have as many liabilities for the Saints as assets.

Wow.

Some of you are so snakebit that you're generating hype for another team. I can't even chalk this up as being sane or realism.

pzummo (7/21/2008)
Shockey is a stud when he's healthy.

But he's a head case. His temper and conceit cause him to cry when he doesn't get his way. He had a good relationship with Payton in NY, and that's what they're trying to re establish. If he settles down and plays, and stays healthy, it's a stellar pick up for NO. If he continues his crybaby ways, he'll be a distraction.

Statick (7/21/2008)
REV.2000 (7/21/2008)

Wow.

Some of you are so snakebit that you're generating hype for another team. I can't even chalk this up as being sane or realism.

STAT, THERES ONLY TWO THINGS WE'RE DEALING WITH HERE ..... HYPE OR REALITY. I CHOOSE REALITY. I'M SAYING THIS GUY WILL HAVE SOME GOOD GAMES AGAINST US, I'M NOT SAYING THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO KILL US!

Jeremy Shockey is one of those players who I would like to buy for what he's worth and then sell for what he thinks he's worth. In the end the Saints may regret attaining him; Shockey will prove to have as many liabilities for the Saints as assets.

You and many others who are eating them grapes...would love to have him on your team.

Not only is he a good receiver, he's 1 of the best BLOCKERS in the league for TE's. Meaning the running game will be improved, allowing Reggie and others to do their thing.

He may be injury prone (I'll give you that)...him being a cancer? not really at least he wasn't when Payton was in NY...when Sean was there, Shockey had a CAREER year, held him with high high regard and respects him.

Rev, if Shockey is such an asset, why were the Giants so hot about trading him?  It's not quite like the infamous trade of Favre, where an undisciplined rookie pissed off the head coach (Glanville), who wasn't exactly in love with the rookie to begin with.  Shockey has been with the Giants for a good many seasons, so they should be well aware of his abilities.  Abilities Jeremy does have, I will admit, but he is also injury prone and has the reputation of being a loose cannon.  In a team sport like football, disruptive players in the end become a burden, no matter how talented.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maybe Shockey will decide to calm down once arriving in the Crescent City, and if he does - and stays healthy - your analysis may be right.  But that's a big IF.

FalconMama (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/21/2008)
FalconMama (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/21/2008)
The Saints are looking dangerous...The offense will be very powerful...But the saints DB's still suck tho......

They have a great D-line and the Giants showed us all what you can do with a great D-line and mediocre Db's

I agree... we will see tho... The saints had a weak LB group to but now they have Jonathan Vilma playing MLB....... They are beatable.... but still good....... Sean Payton has to put everything together

Well being beaten and soundly beaten by them the past 2 years, it's a shock that most are taking them so lightly. Excuse me while I get the bad taste out of my mouth.

If I did not like and respect you so much - I would make a crude comment now - just for the record - I'm lettin' it slide;)

g-dawg (7/21/2008)
FalconMama (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/21/2008)
FalconMama (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/21/2008)

If I did not like and respect you so much - I would make a crude comment now - just for the record - I'm lettin' it slide;)

Oh no don't hold your tongue, please say whatever it is you need to say.

Norwood all the way! (7/21/2008)
ill admit that this can cause problems for us falcons. but shockey doesnt control his emotions well. (remind u of any cbs we've had?) there will come a point where he doesnt get the ball or someone will get in his face and he will just bring the rest of 'em down.
agreed

Shockey is one player you want in your locker room according to players. In the right environment he is a natural leader something we are lacking.

Whispers have it we made a run at him but he felt he would be better utilized in N.O. and I can see his point. But supposedly we did make a few phone calls about Shockey becoming a Falcon. I know one person in the F.O. was pursuing this option a couple of months ago.

He will be a huge upgrade to N.O and will cause us problems.

I'm almost glad they made the trade, I think he is going to be a bust and not at all worth a 2nd.

There is a reason the Giants let him go AND won a superbowl without him. He is going to tear apart their locker room, is wildly inconsistent, and I personally think he won't ever be what he was.