How Much Do Players Actually Help Each Other?

formul8or

I have never been to a TC or practice at all for the Falcons, but people on here say a lot of things like "Abraham will teach Anderson this and that," but really how much do these players help each other? I could see some players seeing it as the coaches job to help the younger guys, and if they help the younger guys too much they may lose their starting spots to them.

So people who have seen, how much do they really help each other? Abraham for example seems like he would keep to himself.

Even though it's football it's still a job.

I guess it really depends on how helpful they feel like being.

I think what they really mean is that vets will give younger guys tips on what to do. 

If player A is physically gifted and player B is not then what is he going to tell player B?  Get taller, faster, stronger, and meaner?

Some things you can't teach.

When it gets down to fundamentals... that's the coaches.

ol'_dirty2 (7/21/2008)
REV.2000 (7/21/2008)
crankthatbatman (7/21/2008)
4words

joe horn > roddy white

WELL WHO'S THERE TO HELP JOE??????? :D:D

I think Jenkins offered to tutor him in the fine art of...well...he offered to help.

Jenkins is helping the defensive backs with tip drills.

formul8or (7/21/2008)
ol'_dirty2 (7/21/2008)
REV.2000 (7/21/2008)
4words

joe horn > roddy white

I think Jenkins offered to tutor him in the fine art of...well...he offered to help.

Jenkins is helping the defensive backs with tip drills.

lmao

formul8or (7/21/2008)
I have never been to a TC or practice at all for the Falcons, but people on here say a lot of things like "Abraham will teach Anderson this and that," but really how much do these players help each other? I could see some players seeing it as the coaches job to help the younger guys, and if they help the younger guys too much they may lose their starting spots to them.

So people who have seen, how much do they really help each other? Abraham for example seems like he would keep to himself.

Abraham would want Anderson to be as good as possible. The better Anderson is, the better Abraham will be as the quarterback has to look two ways.

chifalc (7/21/2008)
formul8or (7/21/2008)

Abraham would want Anderson to be as good as possible. The better Anderson is, the better Abraham will be as the quarterback has to look two ways.

Exactly chifalc - The better JA is, the better Abe will be, the better our Def will be, the better our TEAM will be.

That's the concept behind every TEAM SPORT.

It's threads that get started like this one that make me understand the mentality & cluelessness of that concept by most who post here. They prbly never succeeded @ playing any team sport & don't never get it.

REV.2000 (7/21/2008)
4 words

joe horn > roddy white

WELL WHO'S THERE TO HELP JOE???????  :D:D

a little thing called  experience i guess.

IT MUST BE MIGHTY LITTLE ........ BECAUSE JOE HASN'T GOTTEN ON THE FIELD AND SHOWED IT YET, AT LEAST NOT WHILE HE'S BEEN WITH THE FALCONS.

chifalc (7/21/2008)
formul8or (7/21/2008)

Finally ..... we agree! You are dead right. And they can't double team them both. They would have to pick their posion.;)

REV.2000 (7/21/2008)
REV.2000 (7/21/2008)
4words

joe horn > roddy white

a little thing called experience i guess.

IT MUST BE MIGHTY LITTLE ........ BECAUSE JOE HASN'T GOTTEN ON THE FIELD AND SHOWED IT YET, AT LEAST NOT WHILE HE'S BEEN WITH THE FALCONS.

Well Rev, even a blind squirrel with a broken capslock key finds a nut every now and then.

:D;) (Just messin' with ya, really)