QB play in Atlanta

Bot

I love the idea the Falcons drafted Matt Ryan, but I must ask have we forgot about the talented D J Shockley before his injury. The Mike Vick days are over but lets not forget Shockley is just as talented and showed signs of glamor when given the chance. People aften mistook him for the fellow called Vick until you saw the number on his jersey. Will he have a chance at being the starter or in worst case the back up. Last year proved to us all the other two guys on the roster could not get it done. This guy (Shockley) has great character and do so much n the community. We all so his wonderful play making skill from Georgia with just one year as the starter. I have been a fan sense 1979 I would hate to see such great talent go to waste.

Bot (7/21/2008)
I love the idea the Falcons drafted Matt Ryan, but I must ask have we forgot about the talented D J Shockley before his injury. The Mike Vick days are over but lets not forget Shockley is just as talented and showed signs of glamor when given the chance. People aften mistook him for the fellow called Vick until you saw the number on his jersey. Will he have a chance at being the starter or in worst case the back up. Last year proved to us all the other two guys on the roster could not get it done. This guy (Shockley) has great character and do so much n the community. We all so his wonderful play making skill from Georgia with just one year as the starter. I have been a fan sense 1979 I would hate to see such great talent go to waste.

Careful, some people don't like the idea of "another "athletic" QB" here in Atlanta....:pinch:

Those kind aren't welcomed....:crying:

Bot (7/21/2008)

Revisionist history I guess.  The only glimpse of Shockley we have seen has in preseason.  He and Redmon both looked shakey.  Unfortunately Shockley showed some signs of life in the game that he got injured in.

Just like at UGA it will take him longer to develop.  He may come around in the future but he won't be the starter this year if that is what you are saying.

Bot (7/21/2008)
The Mike Vick days are over but lets not forget Shockley is just as talented

I am not a Shockley hugger, but I would like to see him get a fair chance to earn a spot during TC.

I am not a MV fan at all, and I hope he never plays for ATL again.

But seriously; "Shockley is just as talented(as Vick)"?? :blink:

sorry,,,but no

No im not asking for him to be the starter but atleast get a chance to compete if he is a 100 percent. And yes its hard to compete 72mil. Look at what happen in Jax. Leftwich got the node because of his salary. Hi payed players dont mean you win games

Bot (7/21/2008)
No im not asking for him to be the starter but atleast get a chance to compete if he is a 100 percent. And yes its hard to compete 72mil. Look at what happen in Jax. Leftwich got the node because of his salary. Hi payed players dont mean you win games

Why do you think he'd be competing against....72mil (M.Ryan)?

Bill Cox (7/21/2008)
Do we really need another DJ thread that lasts for 15 pages?  Pretty soon, we're gonna need a DJ forum like Vick had.  Comparing DJ's talent to Vick is an insult to Vick - nothing alike at all (except for being too short). 

vick haters see another black mobile QB and think of vick, so thats why they are comparing..either that, or they are just stupid to even mention vick and shock in the same sentence.

crankthatbatman (7/21/2008)
Bill Cox (7/21/2008)
Do we really need another DJ thread that lasts for 15 pages?  Pretty soon, we're gonna need a DJ forum like Vick had.  Comparing DJ's talent to Vick is an insult to Vick - nothing alike at all (except for being too short). 

vick haters see another black mobile QB and think of vick, so thats why they are comparing..either that, or they are just stupid to even mention vick and shock in the same sentence.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Bot (7/21/2008)

How come it is always a newbie that comes on and posts something like this?  Maybe your legit, but I honestly have to start questioning if these posts are being made by other regular Homers!!!  If you are new, take a look at some of the older posts...some that are not that old....and you will find thoughts as to pro or con about DJ.

Bot (7/21/2008)

Dear Newb:

"...forgot about the talented DJ Shockley???"

I'm not going to pick apart your post, although it is certainly tempting ("just as talented as Vick?"....I'm sure others will rip you a new one over that comment); however, if you look through several pages of the threads that have been posted in TATF, you'll find tons of DJ Shockley threads that are either rants/vents/support/hatred, etc. 

No one forgets about DJ--no one will allow us to forget about DJ; however, after training camp is over we'll either be happy that he's earned a roster spot for the 2008 season or he'll be cut from the team due to his inability to demonstrate that he has the skills to compete in the NFL.

Either way, most of us will be happy that all of the DJ love/hate threads will finally come to an end.

It could happen.

theyhateme (7/21/2008)
Bot (7/21/2008)

Careful, some people don't like the idea of "another "athletic" QB" here in Atlanta....:pinch:

IS IT ATHLETIC QB .......... OR SOMETHING ELSE?

REV.2000 (7/21/2008)
theyhateme (7/21/2008)
Bot (7/21/2008)

IS IT ATHLETIC QB .......... OR SOMETHING ELSE?

:D

Bot (7/21/2008)
If your a georgia fan you know shockley is rarely 100%.Theres the rub.

I think what it all boils down to is this : "We have real coaches now, and the QB that is in the game will be the QB that needs to be in the game, and that's the QB that give the Falcons the best chance to win, a QB who has been evaluated by REAL NFL coaches who know what they are doing, whoever that QB may be".

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewFalcon (7/21/2008)
Bot (7/21/2008)

Dear Newb:

"...forgot about the talented DJ Shockley???"

I'm not going to pick apart your post, although it is certainly tempting ("just as talented as Vick?"....I'm sure others will rip you a new one over that comment); however, if you look through several pages of the threads that have been posted in TATF, you'll find tons of DJ Shockley threads that are either rants/vents/support/hatred, etc. 

No one forgets about DJ--no one will allow us to forget about DJ; however, after training camp is over we'll either be happy that he's earned a roster spot for the 2008 season or he'll be cut from the team due to his inability to demonstrate that he has the skills to compete in the NFL.

Either way, most of us will be happy that all of the DJ love/hate threads will finally come to an end.

It could happen.

AMEN!!!!! lol

bossFALCON"! (7/21/2008)
if he goes out there and really rips it up im sure he'll get his chance...but he would reeeaaaaally have to perform though.
Isn't that a shame though? Joey probably gets a pass for his mediocre career and leadership skills. Shock has to be thoroughly impressive to be considered for the third team job though.(Well, on this board anyway) Wow!

Bot (7/21/2008)

I quit reading after the bolded part. There is absolutely no comparison between Vick and Shockley. "Just as talented"...please.

theyhateme (7/21/2008)
Bot (7/21/2008)

Shockley has never done anything!!! just because he's athletic doesnt mean he's a good QB.

He has never started in a game, and looked average in pre season in 06 against 3rd stringers. oh, and he was a 7th rnd pick for a reason.and when u say those kind, you are being very ignorant....What are u saying, that he wont get a chance because he's black?? I hope not.