How to stop a barking dog

Like many of you I'm sure, I have a neighbor with a dog that barks constantly. I have approached them 3 times about it, but it hasn't helped. Short of hopping the fence and killing the mutt, what can I do?

I have thought about buying one of these: http://www.petmarket.com/super-bark-stop-p...11894f77bfeb8a2

but I don't know if its worth it.

I hate inconsiderate people.

ForceFan27 (7/20/2008)
twright21 (7/20/2008)
and in the first post.  good stuff. 

you might just threaten the neighbors and tell them you'll pull an "ookie" if they don't handle their business.  test their falcons knowledge.

I live in Texas and everything is bigger here...including functional retardation.

:P

ForceFan27 (7/20/2008)
kicker23 (7/20/2008)
Call the police. I believe a dog that barks constantly is a noise ordinance violation after it barks for 4 straight minutes.

Seriously though...any ideas?

Put weed in a brownie and feed the brownie to the dog or you could just kill it.

Our neighbor used to have a dog that was in a small pen in their yard.  It was never out of the pen AT ALL and would bark from dusk till dawn.

I have really bad insomnia, and that dog's barking would just drill into my head and keep me up for hours.  Talking to them didn't help.  Calling them at 1 AM when that #####er would bark didn't help.  So my solution was to take my 12 watt halogen spot light I use for riding my bike at night and go to the edge of my property and shine it directly into their windows at 3 AM.  If I can't sleep, they can't sleep. 

Dog was STFU after that.

alfred e. neuman (7/21/2008)
Our neighbor used to have a dog that was in a small pen in their yard. It was never out of the pen AT ALL and would bark from dusk till dawn.

I have really bad insomnia, and that dog's barking would just drill into my head and keep me up for hours. Talking to them didn't help. Calling them at 1 AM when that #####er would bark didn't help. So my solution was to take my 12 watt halogen spot light I use for riding my bike at night and go to the edge of my property and shine it directly into their windows at 3 AM. If I can't sleep, they can't sleep.

Dog was STFU after that.

I literally just laughed out loud at that story.

Our neighbor used to have a dog that was in a small pen in their yard. It was never out of the pen AT ALL and would bark from dusk till dawn.

I have really bad insomnia, and that dog's barking would just drill into my head and keep me up for hours. Talking to them didn't help. Calling them at 1 AM when that #####er would bark didn't help. So my solution was to take my 12 watt halogen spot light I use for riding my bike at night and go to the edge of my property and shine it directly into their windows at 3 AM. If I can't sleep, they can't sleep.

Dog was STFU after that.

lmao, i cant sleep they cant sleep. brilliant!

Dog was STFU after that.

wow i cried lol'ing @ that

Our neighbor used to have a dog that was in a small pen in their yard.  It was never out of the pen AT ALL and would bark from dusk till dawn.

I have really bad insomnia, and that dog's barking would just drill into my head and keep me up for hours.  Talking to them didn't help.  Calling them at 1 AM when that #####er would bark didn't help.  So my solution was to take my 12 watt halogen spot light I use for riding my bike at night and go to the edge of my property and shine it directly into their windows at 3 AM.  If I can't sleep, they can't sleep. 

Dog was STFU after that.

lmao I'm in tears, you seriously did that?