Mac Users...Questions RE: IMovie???

jdu00743

I've made a bunch of songs on garage band, and I want to upload them on youtube, but first I have to incorporate the songs into a movie file.

So, I figured the best way to do that was with IMovie...Only problem is I don't know how to upload a song into the file or a movie and how to edit it and all that.

Any help is appreciated!

With your project open in imovie click on the media button in edit mode and it will let you import songs from garageband or itunes. You can also import pictures in this area. It even has a search button you can search for songs by name. Once the song is in that window you drag and drop it on your timeline and you can trim it or change the volume from there.

Dez Williams (7/20/2008)
With your project open in imovie click on the media button in edit mode and it will let you import songs from garageband or itunes. You can also import pictures in this area.It even has a search button you can search for songs by name. Once the song is in that window you drag and drop it on your timeline and you can trim it or change the volume from there.

Thanks for the help!

1)When I drag the song up there, it just shows a picture of a few musical notes and I can't do anything else in the edit section that originally had like 3 dotted squares.

2) Where is the time line?

jdu00743 (7/20/2008)
Dez Williams (7/20/2008)
With your project open in imovie click on the media button in edit mode and it will let you import songs from garageband or itunes. You can also import pictures in this area.It even has a search button you can search for songs by name. Once the song is in that window you drag and drop it on your timeline and you can trim it or change the volume from there.

Thanks for the help!

Where's the media button?

hey check out Apple website. they got lots of tutorial vids, and some on Imovie. im thinkin bout makin a site, so i have been checkin out a few, and after the many vids im mos def gonna get a Mac. they seem 10000X better than PC, esp. with Vista out.

im still debating on to get the white or Black. i think ill go with white, since its cheaper.

GEORGIAfan (7/20/2008)
jdu00743 (7/20/2008)
Dez Williams (7/20/2008)

Thanks for the help!

hey check out Apple website. they got lots of tutorial vids, and some on Imovie. im thinkin bout makin a site, so i have been checkin out a few, and after the many vids im mos def gonna get a Mac. they seem 10000X better than PC, esp. with Vista out.

im still debating on to get the white or Black. i think ill go with white, since its cheaper.

get black my wife has had hers for 3 years and the white discolors in the keyboard area...spend the money!!

triggerman (7/20/2008)
GEORGIAfan (7/20/2008)
jdu00743 (7/20/2008)
Dez Williams (7/20/2008)

Thanks for the help!

get black my wife has had hers for 3 years and the white discolors in the keyboard area...spend the money!!

That's true...My sister has a white one, I have a black one...Definitely better cosmetically, and it doesn't show as much wear with the keyboard.