Redskins has 2 maybe even 3 season ending injurys on the first day of camp

atljbo

Redskins DE Alex Buzbee will miss the 2008 season after rupturing his Achilles' tendon on the first day of training camp Sunday.
Redskins DE Phillip Daniels will miss the 2008 season after injuring his knee on the first day of training camp Sunday.
Fred Smoot has suffered an apparent foot or ankle injury.

God i'm praying that we have a injury free training camp

TAYLOR TO REDSKINS FOR SECOND-ROUND PICK

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 20, 2008, 6:30 p.m.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is reporting that the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins have agreed to the terms of a trade that would send defensive end Jason Taylor to Washington in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

The teams are hoping to finalize the deal tonight, Glazer reports.

Taylor has long been disgruntled with the Dolphins and would like to play for a team that s coming off a playoff season, not a 1-15 record. Rumors swirled in April that he could be traded during the NFL draft, but no trade was consummated.

The Redskins, however, suddenly became interested in acquiring Taylor when they lost two defensive ends to season-ending injuries at the outset of training camp.

Giving up a 2nd round draft pick for a DE who will be 34 before the season begins, doesn't strike me as a particularly good move.

Typical skins, making trades for short term gain at the expense of the medium-long term interest of the ball club...

ukfalc (7/20/2008)
Giving up a 2nd round draft pick for a DE who will be 34 before the season begins, doesn't strike me as a particularly good move.

Typical skins, making trades for short term gain at the expense of the medium-long term interest of the ball club...

They've lost 2 DE's.... i'd say it was the right move to make given the circumstances.

Heath Morrison (7/20/2008)
ukfalc (7/20/2008)

They've lost 2 DE's.... i'd say it was the right move to make given the circumstances.

It certainly says to me that they are looking to win now...

Heath Morrison (7/20/2008)
ukfalc (7/20/2008)

Yep they did what they had to do.

67camaro (7/20/2008)
TAYLOR TO REDSKINS FOR SECOND-ROUND PICK

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 20, 2008, 6:30 p.m.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is reporting that the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins have agreed to the terms of a trade that would send defensive end Jason Taylor to Washington in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

The teams are hoping to finalize the deal tonight, Glazer reports.

Taylor has long been disgruntled with the Dolphins and would like to play for a team that s coming off a playoff season, not a 1-15 record. Rumors swirled in April that he could be traded during the NFL draft, but no trade was consummated.

The Redskins, however, suddenly became interested in acquiring Taylor when they lost two defensive ends to season-ending injuries at the outset of training camp.

Wow, that was quick.  Desperation leads to a Dolphins gain late in the offseason.

muskokas finest (7/20/2008)
Sean Taylor, then losing 2 players the first day of camp....maybe Washington is taking the mantle of "hard luck team" away from us.
Those injuries may be bad and all, but we traded a hall-of-fame quarterback away and nothing will surpass that as "hard luck"

Legendary12 (7/20/2008)
Sean Taylor, then losing 2 players the first day of camp....maybe Washington is taking the mantle of "hard luck team" away from us.
Those injuries may be bad and all, but we traded a hall-of-fame quarterback away and nothing will surpass that as "hard luck"

If he would have stayed here he more than likely wouldn't have been a hall of fame qb, so I don't get the problem with that move.

Reminds me of pre-season 2003...

or 2005 when we lost 2 middle line backers and 2 corners... and we only went into the season with 4 corners total on the roster.

Injuries happen... they just expose a lack of depth... like just having 4 cornerbacks on the roster...

Legendary12 (7/20/2008)

Actually we let go of two future Hall of Famers, Bret Favre and Deion Sanders.  On top of many other really good players.

There is one team that let go of a HOF QB, when he was a young guy.  That team was Pittsburgh, and the player was Johnny Unitas.  Unitas actually played semi pro for a year, before the Colts gave him a chance. 

Unitas might have been the greatest QB to ever play the game.

kschreck (7/21/2008)
Legendary12 (7/20/2008)

If he would have stayed here he more than likely wouldn't have been a hall of fame qb, so I don't get the problem with that move.

Thanks... you made my point for "hard luck."