Obama Making Afgan Military Strategy Recommendations

someone can make issue because what Obama did was state an opinion and people are allowed to disagree.

what should not be argued is Obama having the right to express his opinion and recommendation. whether you are going to vote for him or not, shouldnt a presidential candidate be telling us what his plans are to solve major issues?

XLDenaliReturns (7/20/2008)
right, but the specific view that Obama is expressing: that we should put more troops in Afghanistan and finish that war off once and for all. who disagrees with that?

and i don't see anything in the article that says Obama isn't talking to US commanders over there.

i dont know if it will do any good....we are talking about religious extremists who have been fighting this war for centuries. so we chase them out of Afghanastan....what then? we arent willing to take the measures to eliminate them or intimidate them to the point where they would no longer be willing to do what they consider god's will

Dago (7/20/2008)
XLDenaliReturns (7/20/2008)
right, but the specific view that Obama is expressing: that we should put more troops in Afghanistan and finish that war off once and for all. who disagrees with that?

and i don't see anything in the article that says Obama isn't talking to US commanders over there.

i dont know if it will do any good....we are talking about religious extremists who have been fighting this war for centuries. so we chase them out of Afghanastan....what then? we arent willing to take the measures to eliminate them or intimidate them to the point where they would no longer be willing to do what they consider god's will

i agree as far as any kind of foreign insurgency or fighting against dudes who think they're in a holy war (don't know the extent to which that is the problem in Afghanistan), but don't tell me we can't get rid of the Taliban gov't. Every last one of them should have been dead at least 5 years ago. If the Afghan people choose in the future to be ruled by oppressive, violent regimes that's their business. But the Taliban has to go.

And we could at least make a real effort to find Bin Laden, being that he, you know, orchestrated the murder of about 3,000 American citizens.