I AM SO SICK OF READING FALCONS GOING 1-15

miKevicK777

I GAURENTEE FALCONS WILL WIN AT LEAST 5 GAMES.

ALL THESE IDIOTS, THAT WRITE THESE ARTICLES ABOUT HOW BAD THE FACLONS ARE, ARE IN OVER THEIR HEADS.

ok ive calmed down a bit

anyways, they dont know what theyre talking about. when jumping on the bandwagon these guys are experts, when writing about things because of its easiness and because they wont be bashed by the majority  these guys are experts. but when it comes to writing about things with full research and knowledge of the ins and outs of what they write about, these guys are amateurs. Most of these guys just write what others write, not because they agree but because they dont know anything about it.

ps. not that this matters much but here were my last years predictions (not gaurentees like the one im making now).

bengals win more than 8 games (wrong), giants make nfc champ game (right), greenbay wins more than 8 (right), falcons win more than 7 (wrong BUT this was when i thgouht vick would play), redskins make playoffs (barely right), laron landry will be a beast in the nfl (so far so good), patriots go 16-0 (sike)

i rarely make a guarentee in life, but I would bet my car on this. I drive a 2005 honda accord, its not amazing but i bought it for 29k.

after the train wreck season we had and we still won what 4 games???...i dont really remember bc im trying to forget that season all together...haha...anyways, we had a HORRIBLE coach, a crazy QB situation, no leadership, and dhall single handedly losing the panthers game with steve smith getting in his head...anyways we have got, imo, a decent coach with tons of potential to be a great head coach, a crazy but good QB situation, leadership can be still a question mark but i dont know what goes on in the clubhouse so i cant really say...and dhall is gone not to lose the game for the entire team....so we have overall improved..i see us going 7-9...not very good but a lot better than the 1-15 we are "supposed" to have

I'm wondering who was at the top of the Fail list for last year.

It's not even preseason. Nobody's taken the field, no games have been played. Who cares what these people think? These rankings will be long forgotten in a few moths.

flrybranch (7/19/2008)
I see 4-6 wins without major injuries anywhere. I see 3 division wins and 3 out of division wins..

I agree I think we have a veteran coaching staff that can repeat last years number of wins

but the team is the same, is it not? with the exception of Turner who is a question mark as far as being a game changer or just a consistent back or a back up who when given the chance looked good

We have the same team, New QB,New Offense,New Defense, its going to take a while to build chemistry and see what works and what doesnt work

The schedule at the beggining of the season isnt cake and ice cream

it gets a little better after the bye with most teams who could be facing the possibility of already being out of  the race mentally or just getting in it

But most of them are not going through the things we are, with the new coaches and QB's new schemes,these are established teams, trying to get better at what they have already  been doing for years

I can see 5 wins maybe 7 if Matt Ryan is what they think he is..........

based off of last years teams records we have one of the weakest SOS. plus i see this team as much better off. we have a head coach and GM that are committed to winning and know that this team probably wont be good right off the bat, most of the players also know that too. so we have a bunch of players that are ready to right the ship and turn it around. our group of linebackers look to be pretty good and so does our backfield and wideouts. our safeties should also at least be OK. the biggest questions are the lines, the qb and corner position. but since the offense will be mostly geared towards the run it will take a lot of pressure off the qb and the cover 2 will be better than the defense we ran last year because our corners wont be 1 on 1 on an island as much anymore. it will help, but it wont be perfect. i see us winning AT LEAST 4 games if not more.

Overall this new Falcons team has more talent than lasts year's but the bonus is the coaching staff with the absolute quality in the line coaches.

The psychology of a new team is something to consider, each win will fuel the desire to improve and I believe this staff will be successful.

Also, I think there will be a new face or two on the OL/DL before the regular season.

Result: 8-8!

GO FALCONS!!!

Remember the Dallas Cowboys of 1989?  How many football prognosticators in the summer of '89 predicted that the mighty Cowboys would finish the season at 1-15?  I suspect it was a number quite close to zero.  But 1-15 is how Dallas finished the 1989 season.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The herd mentality of most sportswriters make lemmings look like individualists.  Actually, I am delighted to see that the common wisdom of the sportswriters proclaming the Falcons having a disastrous 1-15 season because the sportswriters common wisdom is consistently WRONG.

As any experienced horse bettor will tell you, those who bet only on favorites die broke.  That's because the favorites bettors only know the hype and ignore (or are too lazy to learn) other factors which may negate whatever advantage the favorite may have.  The Falcons are undeniably in a rebuilding season; the shocks of 2007 will have their effects.  That's why I don't expect the Falcons to march to the Super Bowl this season.  However, the Falcons are hardly without weapons and it may surprise some posters on this board to learn that none of the Falcons' opponents are unbeatable.  I truly believe that the 2008 Falcons will attest to the dictum of that which doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

Preseason will more interesting than usual this season.  I predict that if (and, yes, I said "if") the Falcons win the season opener against the Detroit Lions, we may see a season that will astound the sportswriters and many others.

TeamPlayer (7/19/2008)
Overall this new Falcons team has more talent than lasts year's but the bonus is the coaching staff with the absolute quality in the line coaches.

The psychology of a new team is something to consider, each win will fuel the desire to improve and I believe this staff will be successful.

Also, I think there will be a new face or two on the OL/DL before the regular season.

Result: 8-8!

GO FALCONS!!!

ME TO ..... 8-8

Crimsonhawk (7/20/2008)
14-2, Superbowl bound..........it has been 10 years after all. It's magic time!:D

It wouldn't surprise me, you just never know with this team. I was convinced we were SB contenders in '05 and '06. My guess would be 6-10, or 7-9. I'd dance in the streets if we went 9-7, I could live with 8-8.

If the so-called experts picked us to have a winning record, then I would be worried. It seems like they all just read each other's material and write their own story from it instead of doing their homework. If they actually came down to camp and saw what was going on for themselves, they may be able to write a well thought prediction. What are they actually basing this on? Nothing. No team has done enough yet to actually make a decent prediction.

8-8. Any more than that, and it's all gravy.

I agree that we will win at least five games, but don't be surprised if we take 8. The coaching and management is infinitely better than last year, so that alone should give us at least one or two more wins. Most everything else is a unknown. There's a lot of new faces, some of which might play like they have a huge chip on their shoulder. I think this team has absolutely nothing to lose and I think Coach Smith and the team understand that. Very few positions are locked down, so hopefully this will inspire some folks to STEP UP!

I'm positive and excited about this season.

BRING IT!

Guest JBopper

I still think this team is in pretty good shape.We will struggle for a while but I see us running for a playoff spot this year........9-7 and a division title;)

I seriously see us winning 7-9 games, if you look at the schedule. We play a weak NFC North division where only one team got significantly better Vikings. Not to mention that we play the Vikings next to last game of the year. If they have won the division by then we can sneak catch a team napping concerned about the playoffs. So let s say we win 2-3 games there. Not to mention that we play the Vikings next to last game of the year. If they have won the division by then we can sneak catch a team napping concerned about the playoffs.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Then there is the AFC West again only one real team in the division the Chargers, Is KC that great, I am picking the Broncos to win it all. When was the last time the Raiders been relevant? I wouldn t be surprise with 2-3 wins in that the division.

You can tell me that we will not win at least 2-3 games in our own division, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Carolina is not better than us. We can win a game against the Saints and Bucs.

Finally we play the Eagles and the Rams. Granted the Rams I expect to be much better now they have Long and Jackson (returning), but we are playing them at home and it is the last game of the year. Who KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 07

DET @ ATL

1-0

Sep 14

ATL @ TB

1-1

Sep 21

KC @ ATL

2-1

Sep 28

ATL @ CAR

2-2

Oct 05

ATL @ GB

3-2

Oct 12

CHI @ ATL

4-2

Bye

Oct 26

ATL @ PHI

4-3

Nov 02

ATL @ OAK

5-3

Nov 09

NO @ ATL

5-4

Nov 16

DEN @ ATL

6-4

Nov 23

CAR @ ATL

7-4

Nov 30

ATL @ SD

7-5

Dec 07

ATL @ NO

7-6

Dec 14

TB @ ATL

8-6

Dec 21

ATL @ MIN

8-7

Dec 28

STL @ ATL

8-8

falconuga82 (7/19/2008)
after the train wreck season we had and we still won what 4 games???...i dont really remember bc im trying to forget that season all together...haha...anyways, we had a HORRIBLE coach, a crazy QB situation, no leadership, and dhall single handedly losing the panthers game with steve smith getting in his head...anyways we have got, imo, a decent coach with tons of potential to be a great head coach, a crazy but good QB situation, leadership can be still a question mark but i dont know what goes on in the clubhouse so i cant really say...and dhall is gone not to lose the game for the entire team....so we have overall improved..i see us going 7-9...not very good but a lot better than the 1-15 we are "supposed" to have

Not to mention in that train wreck, we have a few close game losses. So, we were not as bad as people thought. I point the finger at me and we. We have to support this team.