Underrated rappers

Hollow Man

samuel l jackson (7/20/2008)
Immortal Technique... he is the absolute best ever, look him up.

The other guy I love is Tech9, his new CD killer is pretty good and i'm going to his concert on august 15th.

agree immortal technique is a beast am gonna try to go to his concert in like a month

dirtybird3245 (7/20/2008)
I gotta go with Cooooooooooooooooooooold 187

Above the Law is my favorite West coast rap group

ATL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NWA, Dogg Pound, WC :)

Some other underrated artists are Big L, MC Ren, Twista, and Treach

Twista is another one of my favorite rappers.I can honestly tell u I understand pretty much everything he's saying because just like Krayzie Bone they say it real steady and don't slur it together,all u have to do is listen closely.It's not a gimick rapping fast he's actually a good lyricist.

cwell1 (7/20/2008)
dirtybird3245 (7/20/2008)
I gotta go with Cooooooooooooooooooooold 187

Above the Law is my favorite West coast rap group

ATL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NWA, Dogg Pound, WC :)

Some other underrated artists are Big L, MC Ren, Twista, and Treach

Twista is another one of my favorite rappers.I can honestly tell u I understand pretty much everything he's saying because just like Krayzie Bone they say it real steady and don't slur it together,all u have to do is listen closely.It's not a gimick rapping fast he's actually a good lyricist.

Yeah, Krayzie and Twista are easier to understand than Bizzy, for example

And most midwest rappers have sick lyrics. ##### the haters who just assume someone's lyrics aren't up to par just because they have amazing flows.

People hype up the Guru (of Gang Starr) as a great lyricist. His lyrics are GOOD (not great). Yet he has no flow, he can't ride a beat, and he spits with about as much emotion as a narrator of a movie. To be honest, I think most people base their opinions of lyrics based on hype.

Bone, Twista, Crucial Conflict, Do or Die, Tech N9ne -- they have ##### to say. And theyre not saying it too fast, the people who doubt their lyrical ability are listening too slow.

Anansi (7/21/2008)
I have to say Lupe Fiasco is underrated. So is Talib Kwelli. Another guy that is underrated (although I don't agree with most of his content but dude has skills) is Chino XL.

Yup on the first two. I don't know Chino.

I'll add Gift of Gab to that list.

There are many I could name off the top of my head:

Talib Kweli

Killer Mike

Immortal Technique

Jean Grae

Ras Kass

Tech N9ne

Louis Logic

Esham

Obie Trice

Kurupt

Z-Ro

Murphy Lee

T-Rock

And of course, Royce da 5'9". Then again, many of you have mentioned him already.

I'm sure there are others out there not named so far who don't get their due. In the meantime, go out there and check out all of the aforementioned artists.