Devin Thomas

Return-of-the-Falcon

Second-round draft pick Devin Thomas of Michigan State signed a $4.83 million, four-year contract with the Washington Redskins on Friday, two days before training camp.

thomas-inside.jpg
Win McNamee / Getty Images
The Redskins look for Devin Thomas to add another weapon in the passing game.

The deal includes a signing bonus of about $2.7 million for the wide receiver, who was Washington's top selection in April's NFL draft. The 6-foot-2, 218-pound Thomas was taken 34th overall and was the second wideout drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

The H.N.I.C. 2! (7/19/2008)
monoxide (7/19/2008)
a top 15 pick, and the best receiver in this draft, I still can't believe he dropped that far. I think both teams did great in the trade. They get earlier draft picks to get guys like Thomas, we get our cornerstone Left Tackle.

I agree, redskins got a good player, and so did we

and people were bitching about the trade, it was great for both sides

monoxide (7/19/2008)
a top 15 pick, and the best receiver in this draft, I still can't believe he dropped that far. I think both teams did great in the trade. They get earlier draft picks to get guys like Thomas, we get our cornerstone Left Tackle.

There was no receiver in this draft worth a top 15 pick, imo there wasn't any guaranteed bonafide number one receivers in this draft. I actually like Earl Bennet as one of the best from this class.

The 2007 34th pick Paul Posluszny received a four-year, $4.75 million contract, $2.55 million in total guarantees

So Ima guess that Curtis Lofton contract will look more like this.........four-year, $4.32 million contract, $2.20 million in total guarantees