Last season will live on...whether we like it or not.

ol'_dirty2

Guys and gals, I'm sad to say that as much as most of us look forward to the upcoming season as a cleansing process to rid ourselves of the filth of last season, that season will be on the tip of every announcer, analyst, and reporter's tongue as they make any type of assessment of our team this season. If we do not perform well, it will be talked about as a "carryover effect" of last year. If we play our butts off and stay competitive, they'll still measure the accomplishments against last year's stumbles. But let's remember that this is a new beginning for us, no matter what the talking heads may say. Our future is bright and I can't  wait for it to get here. Bring on the season baby!!!!

ol'_dirty2 (7/18/2008)
Guys and gals, I'm sad to say that as much as most of us look forward to the upcoming season as a cleansing processto rid ourselvesofthe filth of last season, that season will be on the tip of every announcer, analyst, and reporter's tongue as they make any type of assessment of our team this season. If we do not perform well, it will be talked about as a "carryover effect" of last year. If we play our butts off and stay competitive, they'll still measure the accomplishments against last year's stumbles. But let's remember that this is a new beginning for us, no matter what the talking heads may say. Our future is bright and I can't wait for it to get here. Bring on the season baby!!!!

Well> If last season is the measuring stick then we won;'t have to go very far to exceed it.

LAST SEASON? I DON'T REMEMBER NO LAST SEASON! ........ I WISH THAT WERE TRUE. BUT THE TRUTH IS, NO MATTER HOW I TRY, I CAN'T SEEM TO FORGET IT. AND WHEN I'M NOT THINKING ABOUT IT ...... UP POPS ANOTHER ARTICLE ABOUT IT. YES, WHEN THE SEASON STARTS IT WILL BE ON THE LIPS OF EVERY ANNOUNCER, EVERY GAME. SO PUT ON YOUR THICK SKIN ...... IT'S COMING.

It will take a decent amount of time and good decision making before we are a solid and consistent team. So far, the only thing this team has been consistent about is NOT being consistent. We'll have to get that "no back to back winning seasons" monkey off our backs way before we can even really start thinking about finally not having to deal with the Vick/Petrino garbage.

It will take time and great planning to make us a solid force in the league. Even beyond that, it will take a quite a few Lombardi trophies in a relatively short span of time to truely silence the constant utterings about the Vick and Petrino fiascos. Could be a long, long wait. Let's hope not.

k-train (7/18/2008)
It will take adecent amount of time and good decision making before we are a solid and consistent team. So far, the only thing this team has been consistent about is NOT being consistent. We'll have to get that "no back to back winning seasons" monkey off our backs way before we can even really startthinking aboutfinally not having to dealwith the Vick/Petrino garbage.

It will take time and great planning to make us a solid force in the league. Even beyond that, it will take a quite a few Lombardi trophies in a relatively short span of time to truely silence the constant utterings about the Vick and Petrino fiascos. Could be a long, long wait. Let's hope not.

Quite a few? I think just one super bowl win post vick woudl be enough to put it firmly in the past, as it would be our first.

chifalc (7/18/2008)
k-train (7/18/2008)
It will take adecent amount of time and good decision making before we are a solid and consistent team. So far, the only thing this team has been consistent about is NOT being consistent. We'll have to get that "no back to back winning seasons" monkey off our backs way before we can even really startthinking aboutfinally not having to dealwith the Vick/Petrino garbage.

Quite a few? I think just one super bowl win post vick woudl be enough to put it firmly in the past, as it would be our first.

Yes, it will take a few. Remember the early part of Vick's career? The analysts all talked about how he was revolutionizing the game and we'd win multiple titles with him at the helm. If they expected us to win a few WITH him, it'll take more than just one WITHGOUT him to put the issue to bed.

Besides, even when we finally win the 1st one, we still have to hear about Vick, etc. They'll say, "Oh just (however many) years ago, the Falcons lost the face of the franchise, starting QB Mike Vick to prison, the coach fled in the middle of the season, etc, but now they are champions... blah, blah, blah." Even in our finest hour, we will have to hear about our lowest point.

F*CK last season!!!  If I read another article that starts,"Vick is in jail and Petrino bailed,"  I'LL F'N PUKE!!!  A new head coach, GM, QB, RB, and SEASON!!!!  Assuredly as I live, we'll beat the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders and Bears and possibly the Panties, Bucs and Packers to start 5-3 or 6-2, and be the NFL's biggest surprise at mid season, and YES, we'll hear about the magnificent turnaround from last year, and endure Vick/Petrino comments in only the spirit of "What could have been..." They'll soon jump on the Mike Smith /Thomas Dimitroff bandwagon, and last year will be put to rest!!

hey falcon fans. just stopped in to say good luck with the upcomming season. sure u guys have had to put up with some pretty lame stuff from last year and u prolly wont hear the end of it for a while. but i think ur future is looking bright. chins up ppl. take care of michael turner, he's a work horse and will be very much missed by charger fans. he'll be a great asset to your running game wearing out defenses,getting the short yardage,catching outta the backfield and backing up an already fine jukie runner in jerious norwood. he's a great straight ahead runner with decent open field speed. pains me to see us lose him, but hey..u cant leave a guy like him sitting on the bench behind LT forever. u wont be dissapointed in him............... Good luck this season.

~Charger fan

chifalc (7/18/2008)
k-train (7/18/2008)

You said a mouthful. Easier said than done! I say a deep trip into the playoffs.

falconchef (7/19/2008)
F*CK last season!!!  If I read another article that starts,"Vick is in jail and Petrino bailed,"  I'LL F'N PUKE!!!  A new head coach, GM, QB, RB, and SEASON!!!!  Assuredly as I live, we'll beat the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders and Bears and possibly the Panties, Bucs and Packers to start 5-3 or 6-2, and be the NFL's biggest surprise at mid season, and YES, we'll hear about the magnificent turnaround from last year, and endure Vick/Petrino comments in only the spirit of "What could have been..." They'll soon jump on the Mike Smith /Thomas Dimitroff bandwagon, and last year will be put to rest!!

I'm holding you to that chef!!!