OK most people feel that Milloy and Houston will hold on to their slots for 08.

The new staff brought in 3 FAs, Von Hutchins, Eric Coleman, and lately Deke Cooper so we know the new staff likes them a lot.

The new staff drafted C. Jackson, T. Decoud, and W. Fontenot so we know the new staff likes them a lot.

That leaves Irons, Grimes, Stone, and A. Harris coming back from last year.

Plus 2 UDFAs Glenn Sharpe and Eric Brock.

This kind of says to me that Irons, Grimes, Stone, A. Harris and possible Fontenot are really On the Bubble and are going to have to perform great to make this roster.

Since most pro teams only keep 9 DB then only 2 of these 5 are going to make it.

Sharpe and Brock will have to be outstanding to make the roster.

Of course 2 that are eligible can be placed on the practice squad

delaigle (7/18/2008)
OK most people feel that Milloy and Houston will hold on to their slots for 08.

The new staff brought in 3 FAs, Von Hutchins, Eric Coleman, and lately Deke Cooper so we know the new staff likes them a lot.

The new staff drafted C. Jackson, T. Decoud, and W. Fontenot so we know the new staff likes then a lot.

That leaves Irons, Grimes, Stone, and A. Harris coming back from last year.

Plus 2 UNFAs Glenn Sharpe and Eric Brock.

This kind of says to me that Irons, Grimes, Stone, A. Harris and possible Fontenot are really On the Bubble and are going to have to perform great to make this roster.

Since most pro teams only keep 9 DB then only 2 of these 5 are going to make it.

Sharpe and Brock will have to be outstanding to make the roster.

Of course 2 that are eligible can be placed on the practice squad

I think the battle will be between Irons, Grimes, Stone, and A. Harris.

I think Sharpe and Brock may end up on the practice squad.

I think Grimes and Irons may have good change. But Stone with that DUI may be on the

bubble.

The coached I think like Grimes, so I think he makes it. If so, you have 1 slot

open for Stone, A. Harris, Irons, and maybe Fontenot. That should be an interesting battle.

chitow2atl_falcon (7/18/2008)

I think Grimes and Irons may have good change. But Stone with that DUI may be on the

bubble.

open for Stone, A. Harris, Irons, and maybe Fontenot. That should be an interesting battle.

Do you think they could risk putting Fontenot on the PS?

delaigle (7/18/2008)
chitow2atl_falcon (7/18/2008)

bubble.

Do you think they could risk putting Fontenot on the PS?

people won't be jumping over a 7th round pick unless he shows something in the preseason

I put every single one of them on the bubble. Milloy

due to age, Coleman due lack of speed, Houston for

looking in the backfield and getting burned, etc. I don't think

any of these guys should be guaranteed a job, it should

be a wide open competition. This is one of the keys to

success: stopping the pass. Camp is going to be very

competitive and there could very well be some surprises.

I understand that stopping the pass is a total defense

responsibility, but these guy's component is a strong part

of it.

Hopefully they are all on the bubble. Milloy is obviously the closest one to a lock at his position, but he is a bit long in the tooth. As we are obviously in the early stages of a rebuilding process, and with very little realistic hope of anything more than a 6 win season for the next year or two, Lawyer's age could make even him expendable. However, with such a bevy of young and untested players joining the team, I think his leadership and experience is a neccesity this season. As far as the rest of them go, there is no reason for any of them to be locked in yet. It will be a very pleasant surprise if any of them emerge as real talents at their positions. As of right now, it appears we have a smart vet who's at the end of his career and lost a step, a 2nd year "starter" with focus issues, a few rookies, and some guys who'd probably be nothing more than nickle or dime backs on any other team. Our secondary has last or near last in passing defense in the past with what seemed like more talent, so at this point I do not have very high hopes for this secondary. I hope they prove me wrong, and if not... that's why it's called rebuilding.