With training camp around the corner, how important is it

miKevicK777

Baker and Lofton canot report to training camp until they are signed, am i correct?

with training camp like a week away, do you think that means they will absolutely be signed by then?

Or do you think its possible that they will be negotiating for a longer period of time.

PS. when do most 1st rounders get signed by?

miKevicK777 (7/18/2008)
Baker and Lofton canot report to training camp until they are signed, am i correct?

with training camp like a week away, do you think that means they will absolutely be signed by then?

Or do you think its possible that they will be negotiating for a longer period of time.

At the latest they will sign right before the first practice like every year.

miKevicK777 (7/18/2008)

It's pretty important that they get signed so if they have any hopes of being starters.  The problem is with the expiration of the CBA and guaranteed money in the 4th year.  There is suppose to be some type of special master hearing to decide this.  It effects mostly the 2nd rounders and to a degree the 1st rounders.  It could be worse, we could be the Ravens who have only signed Flacco.