Will Michael Oher Slip in the draft ?

atljbo

One of my ppls sent me this

There's no denying that Oher's one **** of a physical player. He's got all the tools you need to be successful in this league. Except one thing: he's got learning 'disabilities' like that of a child. Do most of you realize the problems Oher had to go through to master a college playbook? No doubt he will have twice, if not more, problems with an NFL playbook. What do you think of this? I personally think this will really slow him down in the NFL. I actually think it will become so big of a problem that it might be the one thing that determines whether or not he makes it to a Pro Bowl and things like that, but that's just my opinion.

Offensive Linemans are suppose to be the smartest players in the nfl..... I know David Irons had a ACL injury but most scouts said he slipped from being a 2nd round pick to a 6th round pick mostly because of his learning disability.......

So will Michael Oher slip in the first round or even out of the first round ?

I think it would have to heavily depend on his Combine results and how he fares in the extensive mental examinations that teams are doing these days.

On his skills and physical ability to play the game, he's definitely a top prospect... but there is more to being a top player at the top level of the game than physical ability. Mental sharpness, insane competitiveness, and being able to retain a lot of information is just as important; if not more.

I could definitely see him slipping as his learning disability becomes more known.

His learning disability has been well known since before he entered college. I mentioned this a lot as a possible negative before he decided to return to school. The reality is that his situation has changed dramatically over the past few years since he was chronicled in The Blind Side. It's not that he had a "learning disability" per se. It's that he had somehow managed to avoid learning anything. With Leigh Anne Tuohy overseeing his academics, he's actually more advanced than a lot of players who will be entries in the next draft. The days of salt and pepper shakes used for play designs are over.

atljbo (7/18/2008)
One of my ppls sent me this
There's no denying that Oher's one **** of a physical player. He's got all the tools you need to be successful in this league. Except one thing: he's got learning 'disabilities' like that of a child. Do most of you realize the problems Oher had to go through to master a college playbook? No doubt he will have twice, if not more, problems with an NFL playbook. What do you think of this? I personally think this will really slow him down in the NFL. I actually think it will become so big of a problem that it might be the one thing that determines whether or not he makes it to a Pro Bowl and things like that, but that's just my opinion.

Offensive Linemans are suppose to be the smartest players in the nfl..... I know David Irons had a ACL injury but most scouts said he slipped from being a 2nd round pick to a 6th round pick mostly because of his learning disability.......

So will Michael Oher slip in the first round or even out of the first round ?

Quite possible that he will slip some, but I don't think it will be that much.

Yes he has a learning disability, but you know what, he showed the determination and work ethic to not only learn enough of his college playbook to get by, but he mastered his playbook. Oher has shown that he will put in the effort to do what is necessary to make himself the best at his position at the college level and he will do the same at the next level as well. He has the inner desire to perform at the best of his ability on the football field and he will work at it and not give up until he achieves that. It may take him a little longer to grasp the playbook, but he will grasp it, and master it, and become one of the NFL's best at his position, just like he did in college.

At least that's what I'd be saying if I were his agent.