1 Week to Training Camp

Training camp starts next week. We finally we'll be able to get a feel for what type of team

we should have this year. Some of the big questions may be answered. Like will DL be good, week, or mediocre? Will our offensive line gell into cohesive unit that can protect our

QB? Who will the QB be? Will Matty Ryan or will they let sit and learn a little? Will Harrington or Shockely be the 3rd string QB?

All these questions and more will be answered in training camp.

crankthatbatman (7/18/2008)
cant learn everythingfrom sitting. if ryan supposedly "came as advertised" as stated by mularkey, he should be in week one.

RIght. Ignore standard procedure, ignore the fact that many quarterback prospects are ruined by being thrown in too early. . .

All draft picks shoudl be instantly ready for prime time, right away. Just plug and play, yup> No preparation needed. Four course meal right out of the box!

I say unless Matt is near perfect in the preseason, we let Red start if things go poorly the first 3 games, then we start having Matt come in and take some snaps in the 4th.

Then when the bye week comes we let Matt take over the starting role.

Give him time to at least witness NFL speed and tendancies from the sideline for a bit and learn for a few games before we throw him behind our still gelling o line.

chifalc (7/19/2008)
crankthatbatman (7/18/2008)
cant learn everythingfrom sitting. if ryan supposedly "came as advertised" as stated by mularkey, he should be in week one.

RIght. Ignore standard procedure, ignore the fact that many quarterback prospects are ruined by being thrown in too early. . .

All draft picks shoudl be instantly ready for prime time, right away. Just plug and play, yup> No preparation needed. Four course meal right out of the box!

That's what he hopes happens.

He's going to b!t(h if Ryan doesn't play right away. And if he plays right away & is ruined, he'll say that he told you so. It's set up as a no-win situation by some "fans".

I'm really happy to see TC finally come in.  I do hope Lofton and Baker get signed this next week so that we can have everyone in camp on time.  I really look forward to seeing all of our new faces from the draft and from free agency work together and see what kind of product we're going to have on the gridiron.  I really think we'll be better with the OL this year but I think our defense is going to be very questionable for a while.

falconfansince66 (7/19/2008)
I'm really happy to see TC finally come in.  I do hope Lofton and Baker get signed this next week so that we can have everyone in camp on time.  I really look forward to seeing all of our new faces from the draft and from free agency work together and see what kind of product we're going to have on the gridiron.  I really think we'll be better with the OL this year but I think our defense is going to be very questionable for a while.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the DTs and JA98 because Henderson, Spicer, and Stroud in JAX were virtually non-factors until Ray Hamilton began coaching them.  I'm more worried about the DBs getting picked on because of their lack of experience.

tweak (7/19/2008)

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the DTs and JA98 because Henderson, Spicer, and Stroud in JAX were virtually non-factors until Ray Hamilton began coaching them.  I'm more worried about the DBs getting picked on because of their lack of experience.

The DL guys are going to have to produce a lot of pressure on the QB in order to help make our DBs a little more effective.  I think we've got some guys that are capable of pressuring the QBs more this year, but I'm like you and believe that our DBs are going to picked apart for a while.  It's apparent that the two areas, DBs and DLs go hand in hand and those appear to be the weakest parts of the team at this point.

tweak (7/19/2008)

The DL guys are going to have to produce a lot of pressure on the QB in order to help make our DBs a little more effective.  I think we've got some guys that are capable of pressuring the QBs more this year, but I'm like you and believe that our DBs are going to picked apart for a while.  It's apparent that the two areas, DBs and DLs go hand in hand and those appear to be the weakest parts of the team at this point.

I agree.

At least there is depth @ DT and DB so maybe the coaches can find the right combination of players, and hide some of our weaknesses.  The LBs are going to get worn out the first couple of games doing damage control all over the field.