Amy Poehler leaving SNL to join The Office spin-off

Headshot

Amy Poehler says she's bound for `Office' spinoff

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer Thu Jul 17, 10:46 AM PDT

Amy Poehler confirmed to The Associated Press that she'll be joining the planned "Office" spinoff, paving the way for her eventual exit from "Saturday Night Live" and promoting the comedian to primetime.

Speaking by phone Thursday shortly after her Emmy nomination for outstanding actress in a comedy series on "SNL," Poehler said she will join NBC's spinoff of "The Office." She's expected to star.

"I can kind of confirm that I will be working in some capacity on that show," said Poehler. "I don't really have any other details yet."

The 36-year-old Poehler has been a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" since 2001 and in recent seasons has served as a co-anchor on "Weekend Update."

Poehler, whose husband Will Arnett also received an Emmy nomination Thursday (for his guest performance on "30 Rock"), is pregnant and due this October. She plans to be part of the expanded fall schedule for "Saturday Night Live" during the election, but that what happens in the spring isn't clear.

"It's been quite a week," said Poehler of the negotiations. "I'm very excited about all the good stuff that's coming down the pike."

A spokesman for NBC said the network had no comment.

Yet another SNL NRFPT player doomed to fail. It seems after Murphy, Sandler and Myers the well is drying up.

Amy's funny, but she's better as a bit-part player IMO. She's going to crash and burn like Fallon. Will Ferrell is trying, but he's quickly getting played out, too. Unless she can write like Tina Fey (or even look as good as she does) she's going to flame out like Julia Louis-Dreyfus after Seinfeld.

But hey, I've been wrong before.

Headshot (7/18/2008)

Amy Poehler confirmed to The Associated Press that she'll be joining the planned "Office" spinoff, paving the way for her eventual exit from "Saturday Night Live" and promoting the comedian to primetime.

Speaking by phone Thursday shortly after her Emmy nomination for outstanding actress in a comedy series on "SNL," Poehler said she will join NBC's spinoff of "The Office." She's expected to star.

"I can kind of confirm that I will be working in some capacity on that show," said Poehler. "I don't really have any other details yet."

The 36-year-old Poehler has been a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" since 2001 and in recent seasons has served as a co-anchor on "Weekend Update."

Poehler, whose husband Will Arnett also received an Emmy nomination Thursday (for his guest performance on "30 Rock"), is pregnant and due this October. She plans to be part of the expanded fall schedule for "Saturday Night Live" during the election, but that what happens in the spring isn't clear.

"It's been quite a week," said Poehler of the negotiations. "I'm very excited about all the good stuff that's coming down the pike."

The only office spinoff they should do is where i save Jenna Fischer from an office fire and she repays me in naughty dollars. Instant boner!:P

pencilpusher (7/18/2008)
Headshot (7/18/2008)

The only office spinoff they should do is where i save Jenna Fischer from an office fire and she repays me in naughty dollars. Instant boner!:P

she just got divorced. now's your chance.

TerminusTiercel (7/18/2008)
pencilpusher (7/18/2008)
Headshot (7/18/2008)

she just got divorced. now's your chance.

Consider her stalked!:P

I posted the pic of her standing sideways holding a towel in another thread and got Mod threatened. So I shall refrain. It is usually the first pic that pops up when you google her name.:D

Statick (7/18/2008)
Yet another SNL NRFPT player doomed to fail. It seems after Murphy, Sandler and Myers the well is drying up.

Amy's funny, but she's better as a bit-part player IMO. She's going to crash and burn like Fallon. Will Ferrell is trying, but he's quickly getting played out, too. Unless she can write like Tina Fey (or even look as good as she does) she's going to flame out like Julia Louis-Dreyfus after Seinfeld.

But hey, I've been wrong before.

Will Ferrel is pretty big star. I understand some people don't think he is funny. But a lot of folks do. and he has made a fair amount of money.

It is hard to put him and Fallon in the same sentence at all.

Guest Gritz
pencilpusher

Consider her stalked!:P

I posted the pic of her standing sideways holding a towel in another thread and got Mod threatened. So I shall refrain. It is usually the first pic that pops up when you google her name.:D

I have kindly asked my wife to sign a document stating that if Jenna ever suffers from a head injury and finds me desirable my sacred wedding vows can be relaxed for 30 minutes.......

Okay, who am I kidding......5 minutes......and that's with a 2 minute introduction.

gritblitzer (7/18/2008)

I have kindly asked my wife to sign a document stating that if Jenna ever suffers from a head injury and finds me desirable my sacred wedding vows can be relaxed for 30 minutes.......

Okay, who am I kidding......5 minutes......and that's with a 2 minute introduction.

I might have to ask my wife to grant me that. :w00t: