Chevis Jackson

houston-23 (7/18/2008)
ballin in atl (7/18/2008)
he might win a starting job, but von hutchins has been playing in thie league for a few years now so he has the upperhand

I dont really know much about Von but I would rather have a vet in there to start off...cause two real young guys could actually be a liability

Personally, I'd rather lose with rookies than lose with veterans....:pinch:

jgamble-23 (7/18/2008)
I keep hearing that he is a cover 2 type of corner so I really hope he catches on quick.....but generally rookie corners get "raped" on the field!

chevis jackson is an excellent corner and if he was faster, he would have been the 1st corner taken!

but think grimes and houston will start and do well! they are both fast, athletic and aggressive!

he might win a starting job, but von hutchins has been playing in thie league for a few years now so he has the upperhand

I think that the Coaching staff sees Von as a nickle back since he can cover and tackle well....... i can see Chevis Jackson winning the starting position

UGA_DAWG46 (7/18/2008)
I think we need to rotate our Cbs.

RCB- Chris Houston and Brent Grimes

LCB- Von Hutchins and Chevis Jackson

Nickle- Von Hutchins and David Irons

i think that David Irons will be one of the best Nickle backs in this league in about 2 years... Dude has CB speed (4.4 speed)... but he tackles like a safety.......... After he really learns the scheme..... Irons will be our nickle back

papeezi (7/18/2008)
jgamble-23 (7/18/2008)
I keep hearing that he is a cover 2 type of corner so I really hope he catches on quick.....but generally rookie corners get "raped" on the field!

chevis jackson is an excellent corner andif he was faster, he would have been the 1st corner taken!

but think grimes and houston will start and do well! they are both fast, athletic and aggressive!

chevis jackson reminds me of a young Asante Samuel..... Both ran in the 4.5 range and both are smooth with theie back peddle and most importantly.... both are Great in the Cover 2 scheme...... chevis jackson will be a really good Cover 2 CB

The CB position is only what you make of it. You will shut down some, and get burned by some. It's all about how they go out and play the game. You have nothing to prove to anyone. Only a few will have big names. Deion Sanders made a name for himself. It wasn't about proving anything. Unless you know the game, you are only as good as the next guy.

theyhateme (7/18/2008)
houston-23 (7/18/2008)

I dont really know much about Von but I would rather have a vet in there to start off...cause two real young guys could actually be a liability

Personally, I'd rather lose with rookies than lose with veterans....:pinch:

I'd rather just win...either way:D

houston-23 (7/18/2008)

Our secondary will be a liability any way you slice it this season.;)