Pelosi Calls Bush a "Total Failure"

silentbob1272

Lashing out with a conspicuous lack of dignity, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi publicly announced that the President is a "total failure."

Her Senate counterpart Harry Reid chimed in:

Who would be afraid of him? He's got a 29 percent approval rating.

Nancy and Weed can only dream of 29% approval ratings. According to a Rasmussen poll, the approval rating for Congress under their leadership has fallen to 9%. O.J. Simpson is probably more popular. I'm no real fan of Bush, but instead of throwing rocks at The President, these two ought to be keeping watch at their windows for villagers with torches and pitchforks.

harry-reid_nancy-pelosi.jpg

If Bush is a total failure, what does that make these clowns?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,385441,00.html

silentbob1272 (7/18/2008)
Lashing out with a conspicuous lack of dignity, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi publicly announced that the President is a "total failure."

Even while their approval rating is low,  people aren't blaming the DEMS, they are blaming the REPs because Bush is president.

Summerbunny (7/18/2008)

Actually, they kinda are blaming the Dems. The Dems promised that they would get us out of Iraq as soon as possible, some said immediately.

While alot of hatred towards Bush is keeping his numbers down, the fact that the public is viewing the Congress as not acting fast enough on the war is more than likely not helping them either.

Statick (7/18/2008)
Summerbunny (7/18/2008)

Who would be afraid of him? He's got a 29 percent approval rating.I think most people are happy that violence in Iraq seems to be waning, and are fine with Congress waiting to see if those improvements continue.

Party over policy sucks.

eatcorn (7/18/2008)
Statick (7/18/2008)
Summerbunny (7/18/2008)

Nancy and Weed can only dream of 29% approval ratings. According to a Rasmussen poll, the approval rating for Congress under their leadership has fallen to 9%. O.J. Simpson is probably more popular. I'm no real fan of Bush, but instead of throwing rocks at The President, these two ought to be keeping watch at their windows for villagers with torches and pitchforks.

Even while their approval rating is low, people aren't blaming the DEMS, they are blaming the REPs because Bush is president.

Actually, they kinda are blaming the Dems. The Dems promised that they would get us out of Iraq as soon as possible, some said immediately.

While alot of hatred towards Bush is keeping his numbers down, the fact that the public is viewing the Congress as not acting fast enough on the waris more than likely not helping them either.

I think most people are happy that violence in Iraq seems to be waning, and are fine with Congress waiting to see if those improvements continue.

Party over policy sucks.

I think most people couldn't name their US Congressional Representative. And I think it's political expediency, not support of the surge that's driving this "inaction".

Pelosi loves to pass the buck, as she even threw the Senate under the bus in her interview.

lax32 (7/18/2008)
Its kind of counterproductive to talk about how low their approval rating is compared to Bushes when the entire reason their approval rating is low is because they havent been doing enough to reverse Bushes failed economic/foreign policies.

while Bush is teh suxxor, it is unreasonable (and more than a little bit biased) to give Congress a pass.

Those Dems made promises when running for election and they were elected to fulfill those promises. Anything less is failure on their part. They didnt say they would 'try' to get us out of Iraq, they promised to. They didn't promise to 'try' to fix the economy. They convinced the American public (whom I have a low opinion of anyway) that they had a plan and would enact it. That has not happened.

Now your only rebuttal is to say that all politicians make promises that are beyond their control or don't really mean

ATLBear (7/18/2008)
eatcorn (7/18/2008)
Statick (7/18/2008)
Summerbunny (7/18/2008)

Who would be afraid of him? He's got a 29 percent approval rating.How is it politically expedient to go back on one's word and revert to an unpopular position?

The cynicism on this board is absurd.

capologist (7/18/2008)
deathdawg (7/18/2008)
Ya know what's funny, you didn't post anything about Bush boy attacking congress. I smell a partisan rat.

And you aren't???

And you aren't??? 

Shouldn't you be studying your crapology instead of participating in partisan politics, since you are a republitarian.

capologist (7/18/2008)
deathdawg (7/18/2008)And you aren't??? 

Shouldn't you be studying your crapology instead of participating in partisan politics, since you are a republitarian.

Yawn, more insults.  Your petulance is amusing...

and childish..:Whistling:

capologist (7/18/2008)
deathdawg (7/18/2008)And you aren't??? 

Yawn, more insults.  Your petulance is amusing...

I appreciate your querulous comments, but they do not amuse me :) I am not as easily amused as you seem to be :P

deathdawg (7/18/2008)
octoslash (7/18/2008)
deathdawg (7/18/2008)
Ya know what's funny, you didn't post anything about Bush boy attacking congress. I smell a partisan rat.

Maybe because Bush was 100% on target?

Maybe Pelosi was 100% on target.

Sure, she was on target.  But she's a total frigging failure herself.  So she doesn't get to call it.