Batman: The Dark Knight

crumplin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. Very dark and tense and Joker was sinister. You never know what was gonna happen next. Everybody did a great job on their parts. The movie was fantastic and it grabs you and takes you on a ride vs. the contrast of you sitting back and watching a ride. thats the best way i can explain it.

It was absolutely amazing. I'm still probably on a high from it but it was probably one of the best movies Ive ever seen, much less the best superhero movie.

The theater I went to had it playing on I think every single screen at midnight. First time ever, there was a huge line of cars going INTO the theater. Ive never seen anything like it in my life. I got there before 11 and the theater was already full. And its a pretty huge theater, probably one of the biggest in georgia.

I won't go far into the specifics of it because there would be no way to do it without leaving something great out, but Heath Ledger really does deserve an oscar for that. Before I saw it I figured that people were just saying it out of sympathy, but they weren't lying. One of the few times Ive genuinely been creeped out by a villain.

Fantastic movie. Well-worth staying up until 3 am on a work night.

The bottom line is that Nolan has taken the characters and made them exactly what they're supposed to be. He's then gone and gotten actors who can do what is necessary to bring those characters to life. The results are staggering. Excellent in every way.

Direwolf

FalconMama (7/18/2008)
I took my son and his friend.. I had a good nap, they enjoyed it though. They thought it was pretty cool to see a midnight movie.

I always hit the matinees.

Too many freaks come out at night for me to hit up anything after 8 pm. I've seen some people that look like they can be villian henchmen extras in a Batman movie.

Statick (7/18/2008)

Too many freaks come out at night for me to hit up anything after 8 pm. I've seen some people that look like they can be villian henchmen extras in a Batman movie.

MY wife bet me 'stuff' that I wouldnt wear her little brother's halloween costume from this year. So when I go tonight I'll be wearing a batman t-shirt, the old cheap plastic mask and a cape that doesnt even reach my butt shelf. :w00t:

Same Ol Falcons (7/18/2008)
Headshot (7/18/2008)
I'm just not a fan of Bale

Wow. That's a first.

It's his lisp and the way he talks when in his Batman costume - it reminds me of the Big Show on WWE

I love the way he sounds when he's Batman. That ##### is hella scary sounding, just like batman is supposed to sound, just like they describe him sounding in the comics. Batman's voice is supposed to sound "other-worldly" and deep and raspy.

It wouldn't make much sense for him to just talk like himself, because he's a world-famous multi-billionaire, you don't think someone is going to recognize his voice? Also, I believe in the comics that he has some kind of voice changer on his throat under his costume.

Headshot (7/18/2008)
Headshot (7/18/2008)
I'm just not a fan of Bale

Wow. That's a first.

It's his lisp and the way he talks when in his Batman costume - it reminds me of the Big Show on WWE

I love the way he sounds when he's Batman. That ##### is hella scary sounding, just like batman is supposed to sound, just like they describe him sounding in the comics. Batman's voice is supposed to sound "other-worldly" and deep and raspy.

It wouldn't make much sense for him to just talk like himself, because he's a world-famous multi-billionaire, you don't think someone is going to recognize his voice? Also, I believe in the comics that he has some kind of voice changer on his throat under his costume.

It's not the deep raspy sound, it's that makes his lisp 10X worse and annoys the **** out of me

also you can't base anything on these last two movies and compare them to the comics - other than the title being Batman they are nothing alike

also you can't base anything on these last two movies and compare them to the comics - other than the title being Batman they are nothing alike

Yeah, that's why I love what Johnathon and Christopher Nolan, David Goyer, and Bale are doing. They're creating something that is basically their own and it's #####ing awesome. Usually when something strays that far from the source material, it ends up being incredibly horrible (See: Catwoman), but these guys are re-creating the history and persona of Batman and it's so good that nobody gives a ****.

Headshot (7/18/2008)

Yeah, that's why I love what Johnathon and Christopher Nolan, David Goyer, and Bale are doing. They're creating something that is basically their own and it's #####ing awesome. Usually when something strays that far from the source material, it ends up being incredibly horrible (See: Catwoman), but these guys are re-creating the history and persona of Batman and it's so good that nobody gives a ****.

Well this one was good because it had the Joker and took off fast but I tried to watch the first one when it came out, twice - I got a good 2 hour nap, twice - then I rented it Tuesday and watch it again to prep me for this one and I got another 2 hour nap

Headshot (7/18/2008)

Yeah, that's why I love what Johnathon and ChristopherNolan, David Goyer,and Bale are doing. They're creating something that is basically their own and it's #####ing awesome. Usually when something strays that far from the source material, it ends up being incredibly horrible (See: Catwoman), but these guys are re-creating the history and persona of Batman and it's so good that nobody gives a ****.

Well this one was good because it had the Joker and took off fast but I tried to watch the first one when it came out, twice - I got a good 2 hour nap, twice - then I rented it Tuesday and watch it again to prep me for this one and I got another 2 hour nap

Brother!!!:P

Headshot (7/18/2008)

Wow you are the second person to say that today. I don't see how it's possible for anyone to think that Batman Begins was boring. It was fascinating to watch Christian Bale play both Bruce Wayne and Batman the exact way he should be.

No movie had shown Batman's origin before, he just always existed. It is, as of right now (since I haven't seen the Dark Knight) the greatest Superhero movie of all time. I knew that Begins was just what it's name implied- the beginning. I knew they were going to be building up to something huge, and when we saw the Joker card at the end of the movie, it was all but confirmed.