AF.com and NFL.com report Shockley will not compete at training camp, per inside sources

smoke20

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GEORGIAfan (7/17/2008)
It doesnt say anything about Shockley. it just says that Harrington will likely be a backup, not mos def.

Read between the lines.  They are getting their info from falcons management.  This is how they sneak out what they are thinking to the public.

...and the falcons actually sent me an email today wanting me to buy tickets.  I have no interest in going and watching Harrington again.  I wont pay to watch that rerun again.  At least in college football you know the player with the most talent and works the hardest gets to play.

buckeyes (7/17/2008)
...and the falcons actually sent me an email today wanting me to buy tickets.  I have no interest in going and watching Harrington again.  I wont pay to watch that rerun again.  At least in college football you know the player with the most talent and works the hardest gets to play.

Yes because Harrington is going to beat out Redman and Ryan...

buckeyes (7/17/2008)

Is that why DJ was starter for only one year? 

atlfalcon36 (7/18/2008)
ballin in atl (7/17/2008)
shockley is definately better than harrington, this is ridiculous

by virtue of what? What they did in college... That doesn't matter now. at least Joey has won a game...

Actually if you go by what they did in college....Harrington was a heck of alot better than DJ

buckeyes (7/17/2008)

Watching Harrington compete for 3rd string? There is a snowball's chance in **** he will be starting over Redman and Ryan.

atlballer (7/18/2008)
atlfalcon36 (7/17/2008)
there goes half of our fan base.... good riddance...

this is a true dumb azz.....and I'm sure he's not from Georgia

Born in Pittsburgh, raised for 17 years in GA (i'm 20)... UGA is my favorite college team, Knowshon is my favorite football player in all types of football... however my problem is mindless, blind homerism for a player that's not that good and ppl that think he should start over proven players when he's shown nothing... And for the record this has nothing to do with race, I supported Vick until the end and if by some miracle Shockley beat out 3 other QBs to start he'd have my support as well, **** I'd probably pick up a jersey.. I loved him in college as much as the next guy but there's two players that are far more capable players than shockley... The only advantage Shockley has over them is speed/mobility and that he went to UGA which is the only sports team that truly matters to people in Georgia, if he went anywhere else no one would be talking about him...

He'll be lucky to make the team on the practice squad if he's even elligible let alone start or back up whoever starts... Redman/Ryan are the top two in whatever order you want... Harrington is more proven than Shockley however I agree with everyone that Shockley has more upside and you know what you get with Harrington and that's dump offs, hanging on to the ball all day, and no passes past 15 yards but he showed he can at least manage a game.. but whatever who cares who holds the clipboard... never heard so much debate over a 3rd/4th string quarterback battle in my life.