Quick question on Matt Ryan's jersey number???

J-Wall

Jenkins had 12 in college as well if I'm not mistaken, and he was here first so...It's just a number afterall. I think fans care more about what number players wear than the players themselves :)

At least in my case, I hate it when WR's wear a number between 1-20 because I like them in the 80's.

12 is jenkins number and seeing as he wore it in college he might not have wanted to give it up.

i know its just a number and so its silly to get so upset about a players wearing a number you dont like, still there are a few numbers i dont like due to players i dont like from other teams wearing them such as 17 for a QB and 37 for anyone. also as someone already said WRs should stick to numbers in the 80s, there much better.

J-Wall (7/17/2008)
Why is he number 2 and not number 12??? i know Jenkins has it but the QB should get what he wants in that regard...and especially since we signed him to a huge deal...just was wondering why that is?

lol u think a rookies going to come in and dictate to a veteran thats been playing for the team for 3 years

consistentfalcon (7/17/2008)
J-Wall (7/17/2008)Why is he number 2 and not number 12??? i know Jenkins has it but the QB should get what he wants in that regard...and especially since we signed him to a huge deal...just was wondering why that is?

they expect that behind this oline that he will be playing like number 2:w00t::w00t::w00t:

consistent"foulcon"

I am beginning to enjoy your point of view and your humor!

Number 2 or number 12." Is not a rose by any other name still just as sweet?"

GO FALCONS!!!

It would be terrible for team chemistry for the new franchise QB, drafted at #3, having just been given the biggest contract on the team, to waltz in and make his first move in a power play for the number of an established veteran.

The fact that there wasn't even a hint of any issue demonstrates one of the reasons why Ryan will become a great leader for this team.

I don't think Ryan comes in and tries to alienate his team by wanting #12 when someone already has it, even if it is Jenkins.  He's trying to bring some chemistry to the team and establish some leadership.  Being selfish is not the way to do it.  As long as Ryan doesn't play like #2, we have a lot to look forward to...

J-Wall (7/17/2008)
Why is he number 2 and not number 12??? i know Jenkins has it but the QB should get what he wants in that regard...and especially since we signed him to a huge deal...just was wondering why that is?

What does the number 2 have to do with being or not being the face of the franchise?