Ryan vs. Flacco

Bring It

I spent some time today listening and watching the most recent videos avail. on different   web sites...........of both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Interesting contrast.

We chose the right one.

Ryan is twice as composed and confident about his new role with the Falcons compared to Flacco with his Ravens. Will this translate to how they each perform once the real bullets start flying next week ?

Don't know..............but I like our guy................alot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might as well have re-drafted Kyle Boller and signed him to a ridiculous contract.. I read somewhere on here that drafting/scouting QBs is Ozzie Newsome's kryptonite... which is scary maybe b/c they really wanted Matt Ryan too.. but who knows.. I like our guy a lot better also... Like JaMarcus Russell who cares if you have a cannon arm if you suck at everything else...

atlfalcon36 (7/17/2008)
They might as well have re-drafted Kyle Boller and signed him to a ridiculous contract.. I read somewhere on here that drafting/scouting QBs is Ozzie Newsome's kryptonite... which is scary maybe b/c they really wanted Matt Ryan too.. but who knows.. I like our guy a lot better also... Like JaMarcus Russell who cares if you have a cannon arm if you suck at everything else...

Yup, playing QB in the NFL is probably 60% mental, 30% physical, 10% luck.

formul8or (7/17/2008)
I can't believe Flacco was taken before Brohm. He will be the biggest bust in this draft.

I don't know how Flacco will work out, but I too was surprised that Brohm was taken after Flacco.  Brohm is one of the most NFL ready QBs from this draft and the Packers will be glad they got him after Aaron Rodgers goes down with some injury this season.

It could happen!

I think Flacco was a safe mid second round pick. The same with Henne. Brohm should have been a late first/early second rounder. Sad thing for Brohm is the other two will be starting a season or two before he ever gets off the bench.

I think we got the right guy.

NewFalcon (7/17/2008)
formul8or (7/17/2008)
I can't believe Flacco was taken before Brohm. He will be the biggest bust in this draft.

I don't know how Flacco will work out, but I too was surprised that Brohm was taken after Flacco.  Brohm is one of the most NFL ready QBs from this draft and the Packers will be glad they got him after Aaron Rodgers goes down with some injury this season.

It could happen!

I was surprised the Ravens traded up into the 1st for Flacco, but not that surprised he went before Brohm.  Many say that Brohm was the most NFL ready QB available, and I agree.  But the problem was that he had the least upside of any of the top 4 QB's.  He was maxed out with what you were going to get from him.  He'll be another Billy Volek type guy.  A great backup QB, but a guy who will probably never be an exceptional starter in the league. 

JMO

Bring It (7/17/2008)
I spent some time today listening and watching the most recent videos avail. on different   web sites...........of both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Interesting contrast.

We chose the right one.

Ryan is twice as composed and confident about his new role with the Falcons compared to Flacco with his Ravens. Will this translate to how they each perform once the real bullets start flying next week ?

Don't know..............but I like our guy................alot.

That's why the Ravens were trying to trade up and get him.

formul8or (7/17/2008)

It's stunning to me that teams like Baltimore, Chicago and so many others passed on Brohm. Great job Green Bay. They get to sit Brohm this year, and start him over Rogers next year if Rogers doesn't work out. Or if Rogers does work out they have awesome trade potential in two or three years.

Having said all of that, we got the best QB that came out this year, and he is better than anyone that came out last year or will come out next year, by miles.

rhourk (7/18/2008)Having said all of that, we got the best QB that came out this year, and he is better than anyone that came out last year or will come out next year, by miles.

Wow I disagree, I think Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell will be way better QB's than Matt Ryan.  And if Stafford comes out next year I would take him over Matt Ryan too. 

Brady will only see the field when Anderson goes down, and I don't really see that being a huge issue with Cleveland's line

Russell is a primadonna, who held out too long to grasp the offense his rookie year, and seems to care more about doughnuts than football

Stafford is a UGA QB, and at the end of the day, name me 3 QB's that have done anything in the NFL that went to UGA...don't worry...I'll wait... ... ... exactly, you can't

Matt Ryan eats, sleeps, and breathes football, and from my estimation, we got the right one.  Now, in a year, we can have this talk again

I questioned the Matt Ryan pick over the Glenn Dorsey pick at first, but after further review. I love the pick! My hats of to the FO. This kid is going to be a great Qb in the NFL for years to come. You'll see!!! The kid has savvy,poise and intellect.GO FALCONS!!! Flacco was the real REACH in this years draft.He might even have a better year than Ryan at first but he is nowhere in the same class as Ryan. Let th Games begin...

Magic Man (7/18/2008)
Brady will only see the field when Anderson goes down, and I don't really see that being a huge issue with Cleveland's line

Russell is a primadonna, who held out too long to grasp the offense his rookie year, and seems to care more about doughnuts than football

Stafford is a UGA QB, and at the end of the day, name me 3 QB's that have done anything in the NFL that went to UGA...don't worry...I'll wait... ... ... exactly, you can't

Matt Ryan eats, sleeps, and breathes football, and from my estimation, we got the right one.  Now, in a year, we can have this talk again

It's funny people call Russell a primadonna because he held out for less money than what Matt Ryan ended up getting. Trust me if Matt Ryan was dealing with Al Davis instead of the Arthur Blank, he would have held out too. Quinn is going to have to be traded out of Cleveland but when he does get his time he will shine and do well. And your logic that Stafford won't be any good because of the school he goes to is flawed.

BigSlick (7/18/2008)
Flacco couldn't compete with Tyler Palko who went undrafted.  Transfering to Delaware was Flacco's greatest move. 

Prior to the draft, the more I looked at Joe Flacco the less enamored with him I became.  If you want to compare Flacco with a past NFL quarterback, I would point to Jeff (Boy) George.  I don't think Flacco's talent level quite equals George's, but Flacco has shown some indications he could potentially be as big a head case.  The Ravens are going to regret picking Flacco.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anansi (7/18/2008)
Magic Man (7/18/2008)

It's funny people call Russell a primadonna because he held out for less money than what Matt Ryan ended up getting. Trust me if Matt Ryan was dealing with Al Davis instead of the Arthur Blank, he would have held out too. Quinn is going to have to be traded out of Cleveland but when he does get his time he will shine and do well. And your logic that Stafford won't be any good because of the school he goes to is flawed.

Your logic that Stafford will be great in the NFL based off of a pretty good sophmore year on a run first team is also flawed, but who's keeping score, right?

I cant beleive how they rate ARM STRENGTH.....to me sure its great to have a cannon arm but its definately overrated.......its like if you dont have a 80 yd cannon you arent fit for the NFL, but you can still make all the throw you need to on the football feild...to me its rediculous how they rate the position

Magic Man (7/18/2008)Your logic that Stafford will be great in the NFL based off of a pretty good sophmore year on a run first team is also flawed, but who's keeping score, right?

You know I had to go and look at my posts because I assumed I must have said something that I forgot I said. And I looked and no where did I see myself saying Stafford will be great in the NFL :Wow: as a matter of fact I just said that I would take him over Matt Ryan. So now either A: You don't have good reading comprehension skills, or B: You realized that your argument is flawed so because you felt silly you proceeded to act like I said something I didn't say, so you could have something to come back at me with. Hmmm, which one is it?

rhourk (7/18/2008)
formul8or (7/17/2008)

It's stunning to me that teams like Baltimore, Chicago andso many others passed on Brohm. Great job Green Bay. They get to sit Brohm this year, and start him over Rogers next year if Rogers doesn't work out. Or if Rogers does work out they have awesome trade potential in two or three years.

Well early reports out of GB is that Brohm is struggling mightily so far.

Flacco was waaay over-rated going into the draft.

I think if he gets a shot Henne will out-preform them both.

As far as a QB in the draft goes we definitely got the best one.

Ryan>>>>>all the rest