Josh Smith said he doesn't want to play for the Hawks if Woodson is the

kdkane79

I tried to find a link but I was watching sportscenter this morning and from a report, Josh Smith said he didn't want to play for the Hawks if Woodson was the coach, and since he just signed an extension, he might just not be playing here next year, even though he doesn't have a choice since we can match any offer any team gives him. 

I didn't see this posted on the boards, I don't know if people here didn't watch sportscenter this morning but i saw it for my own two eyes.  There was nothing on ESPN.com but I saw it.  Believe it or not.  No link.

Thoughts?

i've heard this.  i think they were quoting an s.i. blurb.  the thing is, if this were the case, why wouldn't sekou smith from the ajc have spoken to it?  he seems fairly inside things with the team.  of course, he hasn't rebutted it either.  who knows?

yeah it's an old rumor that has been disputed by everyone that knows anything about the Hawks.  it all stems from last season (not this past but the year before) when there was a lot of confilict between the two.  they have moved on now and according to Sekou Smith, Josh was one of the players who wanted Woodson back and there was only two players (whom he didn't name) that had any problem at all with him.

moe szyslak (7/17/2008)
yeah it's an old rumor that has been disputed by everyone that knows anything about the Hawks. it all stems from last season (not this past but the year before) when there was a lot of confilict between the two. they have moved on now and according to Sekou Smith, Josh was one of the players who wanted Woodson back and there was only two players (whom he didn't name) that had any problem at all with him.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Salim was one of them.