bout lost it today

Vince DiLetto

So my radio is basically always set to espn radio. In the morning, that often means that Gator Country Radio comes on and sometimes it is worth listening to. Franz Beard (expert)comes on and starts yapping about UGA.

"UGA will lose 3-4 games this year. THey have no Tim Tebow type player to rally behind who can energize the team and pick them up and put them on his back like Florida does." "They just don't have any special player like that".

At this point, I had to make a phone call.

"Have you ever WATCHED Knowshon Moreno?" "Did you watch the game where Florida fans were asking "who is that smaller version of Herschel?""

I understand that UGA has a difficult schedule but to say things like "Steve Spurrier is in Mark Richt's head" and "UGA should have lost to Bama by 3 touchdowns and just got lucky" is simple asinine!! The other guy on the radio agreed with me that Moreno is a high character guy that can lead Georgia. That calmed me down a notch or two but to say that Moreno is NOT that guy, after being named a captain as A FRESHMAN!?!?

We have EXACTLY that player that energizes our team and someone we can rely on to carry us to victory. His name is Knowshon.

It's apparent that they're so far up Tebow's butt that they can't see the forest for the trees  due to him winning the Heisman and such.

This is eerily similar to how people used to view Vick. This "we need that special player in order to be successful" type of stuff is what we as Falcons fans are trying to fight against now. If Vick is a RB playing QB, then Tebow is the FB version.

The fact that you heard someone down there say that means there are alot of people who have the same mindset.

They aren't all bad. We have our fair share of homers too, lets be honest. Most Gators here will recognize Knowshon exactly as what he is. Except for the lady I spoke with the other day that called him a trouble maker...

My response that I wanted to say was "who carried their team to more BIG GAME victories? Tebow or Knowshon?" There are people down here who think Knowshon will win the Heisman. I do not. I think Caleb will get enough carries that Knowshon does not have gaudy stats. I could also care less who wins the Heisman, give me Ws, not personal awards.

Vince DiLetto (7/17/2008)
So my radio is basically always set to espn radio. In the morning, that often means that Gator Country Radio comes on and sometimes it is worth listening to. Franz Beard (expert)comes on and starts yapping about UGA.

"UGA will lose 3-4 games this year. THey have no Tim Tebow type player to rally behind who can energize the team and pick them up and put them on his back like Florida does." "They just don't have any special player like that".

"Have you ever WATCHED Knowshon Moreno?" "Did you watch the game where Florida fans were asking "who is that smaller version of Herschel?""

I understand that UGA has a difficult schedule but to say things like "Steve Spurrier is in Mark Richt's head" and "UGA should have lost to Bama by 3 touchdowns and just got lucky" is simple asinine!! The other guy on the radio agreed with me that Moreno is a high character guy that can lead Georgia. That calmed me down a notch or two but to say that Moreno is NOT that guy, after being named a captain as A FRESHMAN!?!?

We have EXACTLY that player that energizes our team and someone we can rely on to carry us to victory. His name is Knowshon.

Funny thing, Dennis "3D" Scott, a Techie, said the exact same thing last week about Georgia "not having a special player," while filling in on the 2 LIve Stewpids last week. When Doug brought up Moreno, Scott just blew him off.

He'll be eating his words IYAM. 

Vince DiLetto (7/17/2008)

Yep that is pure idiocy.. LOL glad i don't listen to that junk.

So you were listening to people slobber on Tebow on a Gainesville, Florida radio station? WOW, un freaking believable. Never would have guessed that.

If you can, listen to an Athens radio station. Or better yet, just listen to Buck & Kincade. Knowshon gets just as much slobber up here as Tebow gets down there.

I imagine it's like that all over the country with every teams radio station. It's called getting people jacked up and excited for the Knowshon vs. Tebow game this year. It's called hometown pride. It's called college football.

Headshot (7/17/2008)
So you were listening to people slobber on Tebow on a Gainesville, Florida radio station? WOW, un freaking believable. Never would have guessed that.

If you can, listen to an Athens radio station. Or better yet, just listen to Buck & Kincade. Knowshon gets just as much slobber up here as Tebow gets down there.

I imagine it's like that all over the country with every teams radio station. It's called getting people jacked up and excited for the Knowshon vs. Tebow game this year. It's called hometown pride. It's called college football.

you are completely missing the point. Its about the fact that they fail to recognize what knowshon is and completely blow him off.

ballin in atl (7/17/2008)
Headshot (7/17/2008)

you are completely missing the point. Its about the fact that they fail to recognize what knowshon is and completely blow him off.

They're Florida Gator fans, they don't have to recognize anyone outside of the players on the Florida roster. Their radio program is Gator Country Radio. Hello?

I highly doubt they completely blow him off, not after 188 yards and 3 TDs.

They're getting the local audience pumped up by downplaying all of our opponents and putting us on a mountain. It's called local radio, and it's like that all over the country.

Not about slobbering over Tebow at all. I'm used to that. Don't give me this other garbage about how a great player isn't exactly what he is. Special. Don't try to tell me how Spurrier is in Mark Richt's head. WTF does come from? Should have lost to Bama by 3 tds !?!? WHAT? Just terrible radio host but like I said, the other gator homers stood up for our boy. There is a difference in being a homer and just spewing verbal diarrhea. Franz Beard has the squirts of the oral cavity once again.

Its funny because my gator friends often come to me for info on the team taht I pick up from the radio and this message board. I didn't mind telling them at all that they need to go walkon and play safety ASAP.

judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)
I live up here in Georgia, and hear people slobbering about Stafford all the time. It's gonna happen based on geography, I just deal with it. :)

At least Tebow is a great college player... Stafford isn't in his league

dont even get me started on your quarterbacks

judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)
I live up here in Georgia, and hear people slobbering about Stafford all the time. It's gonna happen based on geography, I just deal with it. :)

teblow will only be good in college. won't make it in pros.

now stafford can be great in the pros.

capologist (7/18/2008)
ballin in atl (7/17/2008)

You mean like a bunch of the people here do with Tebow?

people call tebow a glorified fullback, thats more credit than they gave knowshon:D:D

Jimusmc (7/18/2008)
judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)

Who cares?

Headshot (7/18/2008)
Jimusmc (7/18/2008)
judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)

Who cares?

plenty of people

ballin in atl (7/18/2008)
Headshot (7/18/2008)
Jimusmc (7/18/2008)
judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)

Who cares?

plenty of people

Yeah just like all the ones who spent time saying he would stink as a QB after the role he was used in when he was a freshman. Its a completely useless discussion because no one on this earth knows. He could be a horrible pro and Stafford could be great. It could be exactly the oposite or they could both be great or both be terrible. Right now today they play in college. Tim plays for Florida and is one of the best in the country and the winner of the Heisman. Matt plays for Georgia ,has a great arm,and his offense could be one of the best in the whole country without question. If they both go out and have great seasons they both would get picked in the first round next year and be set for life no matter what happens after that. Meanwhile we'll still be here on a message board arguing if they were great or terrible. Now plenty may care about that but I sure dont and when that time comes you can rest assure that they sure wont.

Headshot (7/18/2008)
Jimusmc (7/18/2008)
judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)

Who cares?

plenty of people

No not plenty of people. Maybe plenty of Georgia fans, but not plenty of people.

When Tebow leaves Florida-- he will no longer be relevant to Florida fans, unless he goes to that persons favorite pro team. That's what college football is about. You watch someone and cheer for someone for 3 years, if you're lucky 4, and then you cheer for the next guy that takes his place. Does Gator Nation wish Tebow well in the NFL? Of course we do, but if he busts are we going to care? Nope.

But I'm sure if Stafford finds success in the NFL, your heads will explode...but it won't matter, because he's not in college anymore, so no college football fans will give a #####. It will only be the Georgia fans. If Stafford has success in the NFL and Tebow doesn't, Georgia fans will somehow believe that that means that Tebows success in college meant nothing.

Which won't be true.

And yes, I will be doing palm readings later.

Stafford *could* be great in the pros.... then again, so *could* Tebow... so *could* ANY quarterback.

The fact is, Tebow has already done enough to be considered a great college qb... Stafford hasn't.

PS - If you can find a thread where I proclaimed USC's qb(s) to be great, go ahead and bump it and we can discuss it (you won't find one). Otherwise, that wasn't part of the topic or my discussion :D

Headshot (7/18/2008)
Headshot (7/18/2008)
Jimusmc (7/18/2008)
judas yeast (7/17/2008)
stumpjumper (7/17/2008)

Who cares?

plenty of people

No not plenty of people. Maybe plenty of Georgia fans, but not plenty of people.

When Tebow leaves Florida-- he will no longer be relevant to Florida fans, unless he goes to that persons favorite pro team. That's what college football is about. You watch someone and cheer for someone for 3 years, if you're lucky 4, and then you cheer for the next guy that takes his place. Does Gator Nation wish Tebow well in the NFL? Of course we do, but if he busts are we going to care? Nope.

But I'm sure if Stafford finds success in the NFL, your heads will explode...but it won't matter, because he's not in college anymore, so no college football fans will give a #####. It will only be the Georgia fans. If Stafford has success in the NFL and Tebow doesn't, Georgia fans will somehow believe that that means that Tebows success in college meant nothing.

Which won't be true.

And yes, I will be doing palm readings later.

i think NFL scouts care