Michael Bay promises 'twist' in Friday the 13th remake

Headshot

Michael Bay thinks you re crazy. Or, at least, that was his dismissive response when Entertainment Weekly sat him down and asked him to reveal some details about the Friday the 13th remake he s producing. I don t want to give [the plot] away because of the Internet crazies, he told the interviewer. Oh, you mean the same crazies who drum up excitement for your movies months in advance?

He actually did reveal a little bit about the movie, which was shot in Texas and is currently being edited. He confirmed that the new story will contain the plots of the first two original Friday the 13th movies, and that all the characters will be new. I know this one will really be scary; it s also funny, as well. It s a fun college adventure that goes awry. It s not a movie I would ever show my mom!

Bay had one more tease for the crazies as well: You re just not going to believe the first 12 minutes! It s a twist in itself. While I m not particularly inclined to believe all of this exactly how different can you make another movie about a slasher who targets teenagers? at least he seems to be putting some effort into making the movie different, rather than a straight-up remake.

Oh, and he also had some thoughts on the fake Dark Knight screenplay supposedly written by him. Head over to EW to see how he dismisses that one as well! Michael Bay the unchecked ego that will never, ever change.

I hope this involves some type of unnecessary explosions, stubborn military personnel who can only be persuaded by a savvy rookie cop, a theme song preformed by Aerosmith and/or other washed up band, some ##### erotic shots of the superhero undressing or showering, multi car pile ups, and some type of dramatic fight scene with loud rock music and/or heavy rain with sparks in the background.

Now THAT is something I wanna see...

yay for boobs and blood on the big screen. did he really have to say that it was gonna be funny also? seriously, all the horror movies have to add some humor so the paying public doesnt feel completely cheated.

Beau J (7/17/2008)
I hope this involves some type of unnecessary explosions, stubborn military personnel who can only be persuaded by a savvy rookie cop, a theme song preformed by Aerosmith and/or other washed up band, some ##### erotic shots of the superhero undressing or showering, multi car pile ups, and some type of dramatic fight scene with loud rock music and/or heavy rain with sparks in the background.

You forget that every other shot has to be a slow motion pan shot of the character looking all dramatic. And that amongst all of his overly dramatic action there will be a love story intertwined with two people brought together by tragedy.

lax32 (7/17/2008)
Beau J (7/17/2008)

You forget that every other shot has to be a slow motion pan shot of the character looking all dramatic. And that amongst all of his overly dramatic action there will be a love story intertwined with two people brought together by tragedy.

And a father rekindling a relationship with an estranged son/ex-wife.

Headshot (7/17/2008)
Michael Bay thinks you re crazy. Or, at least, that was his dismissive response when Entertainment Weekly sat him down and asked him to reveal some details about the Friday the 13th remake he s producing. I don t want to give [the plot] away because of the Internet crazies, he told the interviewer. Oh, you mean the same crazies who drum up excitement for your movies months in advance?

He actually did reveal a little bit about the movie, which was shot in Texas and is currently being edited. He confirmed that the new story will contain the plots of the first two original Friday the 13th movies, and that all the characters will be new. I know this one will really be scary; it s also funny, as well. It s a fun college adventure that goes awry. It s not a movie I would ever show my mom!

Bay had one more tease for the crazies as well: You re just not going to believe the first 12 minutes! It s a twist in itself. While I m not particularly inclined to believe all of this exactly how different can you make another movie about a slasher who targets teenagers? at least he seems to be putting some effort into making the movie different, rather than a straight-up remake.

Oh, and he also had some thoughts on the fake Dark Knight screenplay supposedly written by him. Head over to EW to see how he dismisses that one as well! Michael Bay the unchecked ego that will never, ever change.

Change three things (atleast).

After a few have been killed don't have someone go off into a dark scary place by themselves and say " I'll be alright."

When someone is running from the killer, don't have them fall down.

And have them **** car start, they never start in those movies. Does anyone know car maintanence in these movies?