NFC Changes of Power?

Chaz J

My Prediction of a Playoff berth for the Falcons.

The Giants just won a Super Bowl against the previously (suspected of cheating) undefeated Patriots. The Cowboys have some pretty good additions. We know Green Bay isn't gonna be the same team last season. Minnesota is looking for something big. Seattle will probably carry their division again. Many teams are still unknown. With the NFC South having an all around subpar year in 07-08, I say it's up for grabs for any team. Good news for the Falcons. We have the best chances. New Orleans' defense can be picked apart with a good passing attack. Coming off his injury Bush still has to prove he is a "down to down" back. Score 21 points and you beat Tampa Bay. Their offense comes their defense: field postion, interceptions. Carolina? Many of their veterans seemed uninspired and or like they just didn't want 2 play. But with some a good pass rush, blitzes, they can be beat with relative ease. If the Falcons can go...9-7, they have a good chance of winning the division. My fears lie in the playoffs. Both NY and Dallas are pretty formidable. If their QBs have a bad game, then there's always the chance of winning with defense; a 10-7 win maybe. Thats about it for right now 

good to keep positive. i think weve got a shot at the playoffs no sooner than next season. this season i predict a 6-10 record, 7-9 at best.

Chaz J (7/16/2008)
My Prediction of a Playoff berth for the Falcons.

The Giants just won a Super Bowl againstthe previously (suspected of cheating)undefeated Patriots. The Cowboys have some pretty good additions. We know Green Bay isn't gonna be the same team last season. Minnesota is looking for something big. Seattle will probably carry their division again. Many teams are still unknown. With the NFC South having an all around subparyear in 07-08, I say it's up for grabs for any team. Good news for the Falcons.We have the best chances. New Orleans' defense can be picked apart with a good passing attack. Coming off his injury Bush still has to prove he is a "down to down" back. Score 21 points and you beat Tampa Bay. Their offense comes their defense: field postion, interceptions.Carolina? Many of their veterans seemed uninspired and or like they just didn't want 2 play. But with some a good pass rush, blitzes, they can be beat with relative ease. If the Falcons can go...9-7, they have a good chance of winning the division. My fears lie in the playoffs. Both NY and Dallas are pretty formidable. If their QBs have a bad game, then there's always the chance of winning with defense; a 10-7 win maybe. Thatsabout it for right now

CHAZ, I CANNOT DISMISS WHAT YOU SAY LIGHTLY. THIS IS IN THE REALM OF POSIBILITY. THEY HAVE REVAMPED THE FALCONS TO THE EXTENT THAT NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THEM. IF THESE GUYS CAN JELL TOGETHER AS A TEAM QUICKLY, THEY CAN AND WILL DELIVER SOME SHOCKING RESULTS TO THE NFL. A LOT OF TEAMS WILL TAKE THE FIELD AGAINST US THIS YEAR, BELIEVING WHAT THE PREDICTORS ARE SAYING ABOUT US ........ ONLY TO FIND THEMSELVES BEAT-DOWN AT THE END. THEM TAKING US LIGHTLY ...... IS A GOOD THING!:)

Teams who have the Falcons on thier schedules, have a distinct advantage over teams that don't.  The inexperience we have on our O line and at CB, along with the sub par talent on our D line and our team in general, will enable teams who play Atlanta to rack up big yards and pressure our QBs to no end.  You cannot win in the NFL if you cannot stop teams from moving the ball and rushing your QB.

We have a good owner, willing and wanting badly to win, so there is hope for the future.  But the future, it isn't now.

New Orleans' defense can be picked apart with a good passing attack. Coming off his injury Bush still has to prove he is a "down to down" back.

But but, what about the front 4 with the addition of Sed Ellis? I guess you figure to have all day to throw?

Reggie doesn't have to be an "everydown back," just the way he was used in 06' with Deuce or another power back grinding it out.;)

If your team can generate offense on par with the Saints, I welcome any shootout with any team in the NFL.

saint vitus (7/17/2008)
New Orleans' defense can be picked apart with a good passing attack. Coming off his injury Bush still has to prove he is a "down to down" back.

But but, what about the front 4 with the addition of Sed Ellis? I guess you figure to have all day to throw?

Reggie doesn't have to be an "everydown back," just the way he was used in 06' with Deuce or another power back grinding it out.;)

If your team can generate offense on par with the Saints, I welcome any shootout with any team in the NFL.

EVERY YEAR, RIGHT AROUND THIS TIME, I LISTEN TO SAINTS FANS HERE SAYING WHAT ALL THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO DO IN THE COMING SEASON ......... I'M STILL WAITING TO SEE ANY OF IT HAPPEN!

REV.2000 (7/17/2008)
saint vitus (7/17/2008)

EVERY YEAR, RIGHT AROUND THIS TIME, I LISTEN TO SAINTS FANS HERE SAYING WHAT ALL THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO DO IN THE COMING SEASON ......... I'M STILL WAITING TO SEE ANY OF IT HAPPEN!

Funny how they all disappeared from the boards during last season after all predicting 10-6/12-4 seasons:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I wouldn't say Green Bay isn't going to be the same team. They have done nothing but get better.

And the Saints will be the team to beat in the NFC South, they made good additions and their d-line will rip our o-line apart all day. Bush might not be too great, but most of their team is set now.

Once pre-season games start we can see what

kind of push the o-line is getting and also if we

can defend the pass. These are the tests I hope

to see us pass. Then we can move the ball on

offense and keep opponents from scoring quickly

on us and getting a lead. These are the keys.

23-3 :D

31-13 :P

22-16 ;)

34-14 :w00t:

For Green Bay, the change of QB is a huge question mark. True they have good decent D but #4 and his receivers help put up alot of points, giving Favre some of the best numbers of his career. If Rodgers does good I won't be suprised, but if he struggles I'd be less suprised. As for the Saints, regardless of the additions, I still see unknowns. When they perform then I can change my view: The Saints are still the team to beat but really. How good do you expect their defense to be? Top 10? There are different ways to deal with a rush: Short passes, trick plays, slants. But Duece has been in the decline. That's why I expected to see Bush in more downs as a Back. But yea I expect to see Bush in the slot and trick formations.

koolkatluke (7/16/2008)
Or you will be a rebuilding team (like you are). Take alot of butt whippings early and in the middle of the season. Hopefully showing improvement by the end of the season and build confidence for next season and the future. JMO

True. But I have hopeful thinking. I want at least an 8-8 season.

defensedefensedefense (7/17/2008)
REV.2000 (7/17/2008)
saint vitus (7/17/2008)

Funny how they all disappeared from the boards during last season after all predicting 10-6/12-4 seasons:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Talk about that DYNASTY BABY!

saint vitus (7/17/2008)

Reggie is a slot wr and duece is broke.The saints can throw the ball which is good for some wins thats about it.

Just remember that we are going to have a simplified offense.  This makes it easier for new players to pick up and then they just have to execute.  There is some great potential to get some early wins over teams that start too complex and can't get their gameplan going.  Once the season starts to mature some of our inexperience will probably show unless early confidence can build and cause this team to gell.  Some players mature very fast and early wins can change the whole outlook of a team and get better buy in from coaching.  Strange things happen every year in the NFL.  This team is a great big question mark right now but it could be better than expected.

GrooRules (7/17/2008)
Just remember that we are going to have a simplified offense.  This makes it easier for new players to pick up and then they just have to execute.  There is some great potential to get some early wins over teams that start too complex and can't get their gameplan going.  Once the season starts to mature some of our inexperience will probably show unless early confidence can build and cause this team to gell.  Some players mature very fast and early wins can change the whole outlook of a team and get better buy in from coaching.  Strange things happen every year in the NFL.  This team is a great big question mark right now but it could be better than expected.

Simplifing your Off. also makes it easier for DEf. to figure out what you are doing and then stopping you. It also doesn't help if you have to make in game adjustments.

Chaz J (7/17/2008)
koolkatluke (7/16/2008)
Or you will be a rebuilding team (like you are). Take alot of butt whippings early and in the middle of the season. Hopefully showing improvement by the end of the season and build confidence for next season and the future. JMO

I really wouldn't aim so high. I know the old saying ANY GIVEN SUNDAY but you are so young and inexperience in so many key area. QB, Oline, Secondary. Then you have major ? in other like Dline, WR, and RB. Not to mention New coach New system. No team can anwser that many question in 1 season.

koolkatluke (7/17/2008)
Chaz J (7/17/2008)
koolkatluke (7/16/2008)

I really wouldn't aim so high. I know the old saying ANY GIVEN SUNDAY but you are so young and inexperience in so many key area. QB, Oline, Secondary. Then you have major ? in other like Dline, WR, and RB. Not to mention New coach New system. No team can anwser that many question in 1 season.

One word..... AINTS

saint vitus (7/17/2008)

reggie bush is very overated......his rookie year he did so well because the league was so scared of him....now he is just another Warrick Dunn (no offence to Dunn, but Bush was supposed to be an alltime great.....but he never will be!)