Lito Sheppard

ballin in atl

I think our secondary is terrible and we need some veteran leadership back there. Lito doesnt want to be in philly and doesnt have that rich of a contract. He could mentor younger players like Jackson and Houston. Houston also might be more motivated to play if he sees that there is more talent back there to help him. What are your thoughts? If you say no, say why. If you say yes also explain why.

herr doktor (7/16/2008)
LIto isn't a cover two style CB.

I agree.... also..... Lito wants a new contract.... He has said that he wants atleast 6 million a year (6 year, $36 million)

We have enough Cover 2 corners...... The Safety position is the most important DB position

i thgouht it was pretty clear from when we traded D Hall and released alge that this team is totally rebuilding and we dont need that kind of price tag on that level of talent until this team gets started and is ready to compete at a higher level.

i think next year we will be ready to go playoff hunting and we will go after big name free agents.

Isn't Sheppard still with the Eagles?  If so, then it would take a pretty decent draft pick to obtain him, like a second rounder.  Which could end up being very high in the next draft.

I would rather have the pick, if all this team needed was a corner, then we should have kept Hall.

ballin in atl (7/16/2008)
I think our secondary is terrible and we need some veteran leadership back there. Lito dont want to be in Philly and doesnt have that rich of a contract. He could mentor younger players like Jackson and Houston. Houston also might be more motivated to play if he sees that there is more talent back there to help him. What are your thoughts? If you say no, say why. If you say yes also explain why.

Why would he want to come here and mentor some young DB's that will replace within 2 years and that 6 MILL he wants is not very good for a  team like ours that needs defensive linemen and offensive lineman.

Peace

604hof (7/16/2008)
I think our secondary is terrible and we need some veteran leadership back there. Lito dont want to be in Philly and doesnt have that rich of a contract. He could mentor younger players like Jackson and Houston. Houston also might be more motivated to play if he sees that there is more talent back there to help him. What are your thoughts? If you say no, say why. If you say yes also explain why.

Why would he want to come here and mentor some young DB's that will replace within 2 years and that 6 MILL he wants is not very good for a  team like ours that needs defensive linemen and offensive lineman.

Peace

he is a top corner in this league, he wont get replaced by any of those guys. While we need OL and DL, we also need DBs

egoprime (7/16/2008)
Isn't Sheppard still with the Eagles? If so, then it would take a pretty decent draft pick to obtain him, like a second rounder. Which could end up being very high in the next draft.

I would rather have the pick, if all this team needed was a corner, then we should have kept Hall.

Thats something i don't agree with. Hall wanted around 9 mil a year and didn't want to be in atlanta. Lito on the other hand only wants around 6 a year and whre as i can't say he wants to be in atlanta i can't say he would hate it either. To me Lito is a better corner than Hall. I would still put them both in the top 10. I just think 6 mil a year for lito's talent is better than 9 a year for Halls' talent.

Kevin Clemente (7/16/2008)
I would love to get Lito and it would be great to get him but I really don't know what we can give Philly for him without mortgaging our future.

I WOULD LIKE TO GET HIM. BUT THE BIG THING IS NOT WHAT I WANT .... IT'S WHAT DOES PHILLY WANT FOR HIM?

FalconFan13 (7/16/2008)
egoprime (7/16/2008)
Isn't Sheppard still with the Eagles? If so, then it would take a pretty decent draft pick to obtain him, like a second rounder. Which could end up being very high in the next draft.

Thats something i don't agree with. Hall wanted around 9 mil a year and didn't want to be in atlanta. Lito on the other hand only wants around 6 a year and whre as i can't say he wants to be in atlanta i can't say he would hate it either. To me Lito is a better corner than Hall. I would still put them both in the top 10. I just think 6 mil a year for lito's talent is better than 9 a year for Halls' talent.

I don't argue Sheppard is a good corner, he is a plenty good corner.  When he is playing.  The reason he only expects 6 million a year is because he gets injured a lot.

As far as Hall goes, well you can't get Pro Bowl shut down corners on the cheap.  We have had one for the last three years. After living without one for awhile, I think the fans here will find out just how valuable Hall was.

egoprime (7/17/2008)
FalconFan13 (7/16/2008)
egoprime (7/16/2008)

I don't argue Sheppard is a good corner, he is a plenty good corner. When he is playing. The reason he onlyexpects 6 million a year is because he gets injured a lot.

As far as Hall goes, well you can't get Pro Bowl shut down corners on the cheap. We have had one for the last three years.After living without one for awhile, I think the fans here will find out just how valuable Hall was.

I dont think so because in a cover 2 D .... The CB's in our new D does not have to do the same thing D-Hall had to do for us....... Safety is the most important position in our secondary.....

The Defensive Line is by far the most important part of our Defense.... Thats why if Jamaal Anderson has a breakout year..... we should have a pretty good D............. Its all about pressure

ol'_dirty2 (7/16/2008)
L (7/16/2008)
Kevin Clemente (7/16/2008)
I would love to get Lito and it would be great to get him but I really don't know what we can give Philly for him without mortgaging our future.

Cosign

Cosign that cosign

Cosign the cosigned cosign...:P

If Lito was a safety, my opinion would differ... Look at the CB's of Indy, NE etc We dont need 6M a year CB's, we need excellent safety play

I didnt know he wanted 6 mil a year. Dang that's a lot

6 mil is not a lot...D Hall just got 10 mil (average)...Asante Samuel got 9 plus...last year Nate Clements got 8 mil...  6 is cheap for a vet of Sheppard's calibur.  I'll ditto the cosigned cosign on the pressing need for safety in the Cover 2, but we also need HEIGHT at CB...We don't have a guy who's taller than about 6'1 (Hutchins)...Houston and Grimes are midgets, and I'm not sure about Chevis

He may be injury prone, but we have the equivalent of a new puppy for a secondary right now, and without some veteran leadershio, not named Milloy, we can be worried about our secondary peeing all over the house for the next year or two. 

I say bring him in.   

I think our secondary is terrible and we need some veteran leadership back there. Lito doesnt want to be in philly and doesnt have that rich of a contract. He could mentor younger players like Jackson and Houston. Houston also might be more motivated to play if he sees that there is more talent back there to help him. What are your thoughts? If you say no, say why. If you say yes also explain why.

You haven't seen this secondary play together yet....besides how much money do you have to contribute to the FO getting him here??  :D