With the Ravens failing to reach a long term agreement with Suggs what do you think?

Vince

With Brooking, Milloy and Horn coming off the books next years, what do you guys think about picking up Terrell Suggs for DE/OLB in FA next year? This will add depth in two positions for the price of one. Not to mention Abe may have two more productive years left and the jury is still out on Anderson (even thou I believe he will bounce back in 08). Yes it may cost us a little bit but it will free up another roster spot and we will be well under the salary cap and the guy will be just hitting his prime. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

atljbo (7/20/2008)
Ray Lewis...... Bart Scott.... and Terrell Suggs are freeagents next offseason........ with the drafting of Antwan Barnes and Tavares Gooden..... The ravens most likely will let one or 2 of them walk....

They wont let Suggs go imo... Him and Scott are young and talented, Ray Lewis will be lucky to have another 2 seasons in him...

defensedefensedefense (7/21/2008)
atljbo (7/20/2008)
Ray Lewis...... Bart Scott.... and Terrell Suggs are freeagents next offseason........ with the drafting of Antwan Barnes and Tavares Gooden..... The ravens most likely will let one or 2 of them walk....

They wont let Suggs go imo... Him and Scott are young and talented, Ray Lewis will be lucky to have another 2 seasons in him...

i disagree...... Ray lewis has not slowed down at all....... Ray has gained 5 pounds in muscle (255lbs) and his body fat is now at 6%.........Dudes a beast

• 2 weeks later...
i cant see the ravens letting go ray lewis, i mean ray is their heart and sould of that D, he is the leader of the WHOLE team why would they let him go? also i cant see them letting go suggs, he is a pro bowler year in and out...

It becomes a numbers game everyone can't get max money. Reed, Suggs, Lewis & McGahee are all looking to have pay days in the next couple of years. Someone will become a cap causality.

i cant see the ravens letting go ray lewis, i mean ray is their heart and sould of that D, he is the leader of the WHOLE team why would they let him go? also i cant see them letting go suggs, he is a pro bowler year in and out...

For how long though? He hasnt played a full season since 2003, and is 33 years old...

Suggs and Scott have missed a combined 4 games between them since they joined the team, and should be the priority signings by Newsome imo... Ray Lewis has certainly got gas in the tank and will probably play for a few more seasons, but if its a huge contract he wants, then i think its to much of a risk for the Ravens.

Someone else will have to step up and be the heart and soul...

For how long though? He hasnt played a full season since 2003, and is 33 years old...

Suggs and Scott have missed a combined 4 games between them since they joined the team, and should be the priority signings by Newsome imo... Ray Lewis has certainly got gas in the tank and will probably play for a few more seasons, but if its a huge contract he wants, then i think its to much of a risk for the Ravens.

Someone else will have to step up and be the heart and soul...

I totaly agree, I would sign Suggs before Lewis now. But owner haven't always been the sharpest knives in the kitchen when it comes to these decisions. But I think they are playing a little too much hard balll with him.

Brett Favre was more to the Pack than Ray is to the Ravens. Besides, didnt they dangle him as trade bait a year or two ago?

Teams dont commit to aging players anymore, regardless of their legend.

<P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">With Brooking, Milloy and Horn coming off the books next year<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

Brooking will still be under contract for 2009 and Horn will be until 2010 unless he is cut or traded beforehand. I believe Horn might get cut or traded by the end of this training camp if all our WR's stay healthy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WNST radio in Baltimore reports that Ray Lewis and the Ravens will soon agree to terms on a five-year contract extension.

According to the report, Lewis will receive a $16 million signing bonus as part of the deal that potentially keeps the future Hall of Famer in Baltimore through the age of 38. It appears the source jumped the gun slightly though. This news hasn't been confirmed elsewhere, and it's uncertain when the deal will happen. If it happens, that's a lot of money for Lewis, who struggled in 2007.

Source: WSNT

Hate to keep bring this up guys but this could be big. It will be pretty hard for them to sign everyone.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=16&cti=b