Escobar's MRI reveals inflamed rotator cuff

Escobar's MRI reveals inflamed rotator cuff

Shortstop considered day-to-day

By CARROLL ROGERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/15/08

An MRI on Yunel Escobar's left shoulder has showed an inflamed rotator cuff, and the young shortstop is considered day-to-day, according to Braves spokesman Brad Hainje.

That's a breath of fresh air for the Braves, who already have 10 players on the disabled list and head into the second half of the season trying to get players back from injury, not to add to the list.

RELATED STORIES

" More Braves coverage

The Braves are hopeful that the three games Escobar missed in San Diego plus four games off during the All-Star break will have him recovered and back in the lineup before long. The Braves open the second half with a three-game series at home against the Nationals on Friday.

Escobar injured his shoulder diving back into first base June 24 and missed the next five games. After receiving a cortisone shot, he returned for seven games before re-injuring his shoulder tagging a runner Wednesday in Los Angeles. He then missed the weekend series in San Diego.

Escobar is hitting .286 with six homers and 35 RBIs.

Well this is better news than I expected. I'm just glad it isn't anything more serious. Give him this weekend series off, and see if he can get back in there for next week's series against the Marlins and Phillies.

Lillibridge has been solid defensively at SS, and his bat may be starting to come around. Maybe we won't be missing as much as we suspect.

BTW, I thought the Braves' fans on the official message boards of the Braves' were crazy, but they're not even close to as stupid as the Braves' fans at braves-nation. This is a quote from the head mod (and creator of the site) over there:

It's not a good thing that Escobar's hurt but I'm glad we'll get to see Lillibridge play a lot. I think he's a better player than Escobar and in the end, it'll be Escobar on a different team.

LMFAO. Those guys are so dumb over there.

Scott24Falcons (7/16/2008)
It's not a good thing that Escobar's hurt but I'm glad we'll get to see Lillibridge play a lot. I think he's a better player than Escobar and in the end, it'll be Escobar on a different team.

LMAO, you know I thought people on this message board were crazy but I've come to the conclusion that every message board has those crazy people that say stuff that make you scratch your head.

BTW, I thought the Braves' fans on the official message boards of the Braves' were crazy, but they're not even close to as stupid as the Braves' fans at braves-nation. This is a quote from the head mod (and creator of the site) over there:

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Here's another brilliant post by that same guy (The discussion is over who has been more productive on the year between KJ and Yunel):

Kelly's been more productive and is a much better player. Yunel's nothing more than Omar Infante without the ability to speak English and control a temper, though he does have a Furcal-like arm.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: The said part is people over there agree with him.

Here's another brilliant post by that same guy (The discussion is over who has been more productive on the year between KJ and Yunel):
Kelly's been more productive and is a much better player. Yunel's nothing more than Omar Infante without the ability to speak English and control a temper, though he does have a Furcal-like arm.

D,JD!

Wow...  That's all I can say.  I think I might stop believing in God now.