Need advice from my fellow Falcon Fanatics

Xfactor

Current STH now looking at parking passes and I'm shocked they increased but do any of you who are STH give advice on the lots. I'm not big into tailgating if that helps.

I'm currently looking at Lot F good price and exit but have no idea about the area.

The I-deck may be very congested being a parking lot garage but no idea.

So any advice on your past experience or knowledge of lot F or any other lot other than the 250.00 lots would be greatly appreciated.

Go Falcons !!!

yeah, I would like to know too.......I was in "Lot C" last year and liked it fine - but $25/game is highway robbery.......

this really "pizzes me off" - I went to the "contact us" part of the website and complained - I don't think it will do any good this year but I gave them a piece of my mind(no jokes about this please;))

I parked in Lot A for 7 years, but I can't fathom spending $250 to park. I've requested a relocation to either the "I-deck", the Blue Lot, or Lot F.

I don't know too much about any of those lots (other than the fact that they are about 1/3rd of the price of the "big" lots). Lot C and the "I- Deck" are both about 10 minute walks to the Dome. They both border Marietta St. and Cone St. (right next to the AJC building).

The Blue Lot is alongside Northside Dr. and right next to the Georgia World Congress Center. That's only a 5 min. walk to the Dome, but parking spaces are limited in that lot.

Spoke to a rep this morning and the Blue lot is sold out. Looking at lot C the price is the same as A ...250.00

I'm thinking of one of the parking decks but wondering if it would be a nightmare getting in and out of a parking garage on game day.

xfactor (7/16/2008)
I'ts been awhile since I rode marta but I'm coming from the upstate of S.C. for all 10 games. Plus looked up reviews on Marta and people were bitching about how awful it is now. Thanks for the reply.
I don't see how it's bad. It goes straight to the stadium and you don't have to stay in heavy traffic. It only costs $3.50 per person to get there and back.

Scott24Falcons (7/16/2008)
I parked in Lot A for 7 years, but I can't fathom spending $250 to park. I've requested a relocation to either Lot C, the Blue Lot, or one of the parking decks.

I don't know too much about any of those lots (other than the fact that they are about 1/3rd of the price of the "big" lots). Lot C and the "I- Deck" are both about 10 minute walks to the Dome. They both border Marietta St. and Cone St. (right next to the AJC building).

The Blue Lot is alongside Northside Dr. and right next to the Georgia World Congress Center. That's only a 5 min. walk to the Dome, but parking spaces are limited in that lot.

The blue lot is good if you have a trailer or dont want to pay a whole lot.Gate d lot is my favorite but expensive.

Ouch, didn't realize Lot C was the same price.

I can tell you that Lot F is also a 10 minutes walk. It looks like you can get off at MLK Jr. Drive (going past the World of Coke) and travel on it all the way to the end until you reach Spring St (take a left onto Spring St.). Once you're on Spring St. you'll see the entrance to Lot F on the left.

It looks like Lot F or the "I-Deck" are the best cheaper options. The "I-Deck" is actually right next to Lot C, and a lot cheaper.

I can tell you that Lot F is also a 10 minutes walk. It looks like you can get off at MLK Jr. Drive (going past the World of Coke) and travel on it all the way to the end until you reach Spring St (take a left onto Spring St.). Once you're on Spring St. you'll see the entrance to Lot F on the left.

It looks like Lot F or the "I-Deck" are the best cheaper options. The "I-Deck" is actually right next to Lot C, and a lot cheaper.

I agree I wonder how parking in a parking deck plays out on game day ?

Try an independent parking lot not operated by the Dome or the GWCC. There are several churches and other buildings near the Dome who offer their property for fans to park on. I don't know what they charge now, but at least it's better than giving your money to the Dome. Also, you could try parking downtown across from Centennial Olympic Park. If MARTA is not an option for you maybe one of these solutions will save you money.

Well went with I-Deck you're right Scott24 it is right beside Lot C and closer to other lots as well. Happy with the price being next to Lot C. We shall see how a parking garage plays out this year.

I am a STH and have parked in the I deck for the last 5 years.  I like it since it only about a mile walk to the stadium and getting out is really easy.  If you have a "big" vehicle, then you can't park there, but we take our Expedition and it is tight.  I probably shouldn't be posting this, since everyone will park in the I deck now.  You will need to get to the games a little early to make sure you have time to walk to the game, plus you don't want to park at the top of the deck.  I usually get there about 11:45 to 12:00 for a 1:00 game.  Plus since there are no games on a week night, traffic is not a problem.  When I leave the game, I am usually out of the parking deck in about 10 minutes and on the interstate in 20 minutes.

xfactor (7/16/2008)

Well went with I-Deck you're right Scott24 it is right beside Lot C and closer to other lots as well. Happy with the price being next to Lot C. We shall see how a parking garage plays out this year.

good luck tailgating in a deck, though.......Lot C has a decent "tailgate" atmosphere and if you go to the "deck" you lose that - at least I would think so.....

Legendary12 (7/16/2008)
xfactor (7/16/2008)
I'ts been awhile since I rode marta but I'm coming from the upstate of S.C. for all 10 games. Plus looked up reviews on Marta and people were bitching about how awful it is now. Thanks for the reply.
I don't see how it's bad. It goes straight to the stadium and you don't have to stay in heavy traffic. It only costs $3.50 per person to get there and back.

yea, marta's cheap, how could it be so bad, its just a train what is bad about it?

Do what I do. Go to the Virginia Highlands park for free. Take a cab to walking distance to the dome. This mostly cost me about 5$ at the most, because I slit it with a freind. Tailgate, then see the game, return to the highlands and visit some of their established bars after the game. Win or lose , it's a;lways a good day.

Legendary12 (7/16/2008)
L (7/16/2008)
Marta just ignore the Idiots. Its just so easy and relaxing then trying to drive in that traffic.
The only part that sucks is when you gotta go back home and the trains are crowded until you get to Lindbergh.

Yeah, that's my only gripe. I get on and off at North Springs. Driving down there isn't as bad as sitting there trying to leave when the game is over, wasting your $4.08/gallon gas without moving. Then you think about the fact that you had to pay to park too. Maddening!!! Marta is definitely smarta:w00t:;)

I am also a STH and I work a couple blocks from the dome, but drive from Kennesaw to get there. You can actually park on the street for free in downtown Atlanta on Saturdays and Sundays. Many out-of-towners don't know that. If you can't find a spot on the street, there are multiple $5 lots on Luckie street which is about 3-4 blocks from the dome. I always tailgate there and enjoy my intoxicated stumble to the stadium with other Falcons fans :D:D

Just don't give the bums any money on your way there.