The Dark knight

QV_26

Yeah, I knows its weds morning, but I just saw a screening of it at an imax and all I can say is..WOW. It lived up to every expectation and more. Ledger was just seeminly made for the role, and just....probably the best movie i've ever seen. not to mention of the many things, the dark comedy was awesome...

They say its the darkest rendition of the Joker to date.

Good! The Joker is SUPPOSED to be dark. That's why people loved Nicholson's version so much because his was close to the character just like in the comics and not like the 60s version of Caesar Romero's campy version.

Kudos to Heath Ledger.

L.Rover (7/16/2008)
I am going to see it Thursday night....... how did you get to see it so early? I am really jealous.

I know it is supposed to be outstanding, but I am afraid of getting my expectations too high. Should be great.

I know that IMAX normally hands out tickets for some movies (via radio stations). I won a set to see a Midnight viewing this past Sunday but my mother-in-law has been very ill, so I chose to spend time with her instead.

L.Rover (7/16/2008)
I am going to see it Thursday night....... how did you get to see it so early? I am really jealous.

I know it is supposed to be outstanding, but I am afraid of getting my expectations too high. Should be great.

My expectations were very high too and it did not dissapoint at all. If you guys get a chance to see it in imax, do it. the imax shots just looked amazing.

but yeah, thats I how I saw it. Radio station (power 106 if you live in L.A.) was hosting the event, but me and my friends didn't have tickets. we just knew a girl that was promoting the event so she got us in. only thing that my friend neglected to find out was if we had to get in line. all of us got off work early and got there around 4:45 for a 8:00 showing. We were about the 20-30th people there and about 5 minutes before they started letting people in, she called one of us and say come to the front and we walked in before everyone else. still, the 2 and a half hours in the sun, well worth it.

QV_26 (7/16/2008)
but yeah, thats I how I saw it. Radio station (power 106 if you live in L.A.) was hosting the event, but me and my friends didn't have tickets. we just knew a girl that was promoting the event so she got us in. only thing that my friend neglected to find out was if we had to get in line. all of us got off work early and got there around 4:45 for a 8:00 showing. We were about the 20-30th people there and about 5 minutes before they started letting people in, she called one of us and say come to the front and we walked in before everyone else. still, the 2 and a half hours in the sun, well worth it.
I am scheduled to see it at 3am Saturday morning at the IMAX here in Chicago.  You can imagine how the demand here is for them...

kicker23 (7/16/2008)
QV_26 (7/16/2008)
I am scheduled to see it at 3am Saturday morning at the IMAX here in Chicago.  You can imagine how the demand here is for them...

yeah no doubt you can probably ebay the tix and they would go for $100 dollars easily.

Kobold King (7/16/2008)
My brother and I are going to see it this Friday at the new theater here in Fairfax. It has reclining seats and people to serve you food but tickets are $20 a pop.

you live in Fairfax VA?? HOLEY SHIZNIT Dude my dad lives in North Bethesda/Rockville. I pass fairfax all the time to get back down to the A.

GEORGIAfan (7/16/2008)

you live in Fairfax VA?? HOLEY SHIZNIT Dude my dad lives in North Bethesda/Rockville. I pass fairfax all the time to get back down to the A.

Well I live about 60 miles East of Fairfax but Fairfax is where I work and is where my brother lives. I spend more time in Fairfax than at home though. :hehe: