Gitmo Lawyer Prepares for Debriefing

silentbob1272

If you value your eyes, don't look at this picture of moonbat lawyer David Remes, who is representing 16 terrorists at Club Gitmo who want to kill you and to their credit, him too.

GD8028614@U-5381.jpg

Remes was demonstrating to an Arab audience the alleged horrors endured by his pampered pro bono clients. It looks like the Bushitler regime has escalated its sinister interrogation tactics from waterboarding to making the poor jihadi murderers watch dorks take off their clothes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/20...cture=335685146

octoslash (7/16/2008)
Yeah, how do YOU know they're terrorists?  Just because they were shooting at our guys, throwing grenades, and firing RPGs at American troop transport vehicles all over Afghanistan doesn't mean they're TERRORISTS.

:crazy:

Yeah all of them were captured with weapons in their hands

Amir Yacoub al-Amir, great-grandson of Sudans Caliph

36-year old Amir Yacoub al-Amir was one of at least 120 prisoners (around 15 percent of Guantánamo's entire population), who were captured not in Afghanistan, but in Pakistan, without ever having been anywhere near the battlefields of Afghanistan. In his tribunal at Guantánamo (one of the Combatant Status Review Tribunals convened in 2004 and 2005 to assess whether, on capture, the prisoners had been correctly designated as enemy combatants without rights), al-Amir strenuously denied an allegation that he was associated with al-Qaeda, saying, "I disagree with al-Qaeda on everything," and also denied being associated with the Taliban.

Seized from a car in Peshawar in March 2002, while visiting Pakistan, al-Amir s story echoes reports by numerous other innocent men seized in Pakistan, who said that they were captured and sold for money, a situation that was confirmed at the highest levels in 2006, when, in his autobiography, President Musharraf boasted that in return for handing over 369 terror suspects (who were mostly transferred to Guantánamo), "We have earned bounty payments totaling millions of dollars." In Guantánamo, al-Amir explained that he was seized because the Pakistani government "was capturing any Arab and giving them to the United States as terrorists."

http://www.alternet.org/rights/84907/

octoslash (7/16/2008)
Yeah, how do YOU know they're terrorists?  Just because they were shooting at our guys, throwing grenades, and firing RPGs at American troop transport vehicles all over Afghanistan doesn't mean they're TERRORISTS.

And how do you know they were doing those things?

You don't. Again...the point.

octoslash (7/16/2008)

Also, it's probably worth noting that when you invade a country and the people of that country try to defend themselves from your invasion, that's not terrorism.

Just a heads up.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)
Yeah, how do YOU know they're terrorists? Just because they were shooting at our guys, throwing grenades, and firing RPGs at American troop transport vehicles all over Afghanistan doesn't mean they're TERRORISTS.

Also, it's probably worth noting that when you invade a country and the people of that country try to defend themselves from your invasion, that's not terrorism.

Just a heads up.

Speaking of heads up, when these piece's of crap,

Fire on our troops and then retreat to the safety of crowds containing women and children

When they strap bombs on and blow up our troops as well as Iraqis with whom they disagree

When they take refuge inside Mosques and fire on our troops

When they sabotage the bodies of their dead with explosives

When they rig roadside vehicles, crates, dogs or cats with explosives to further kill and maim U.S. Soldiers

....They most assuredly are TERRORISTS. Try getting a bit of perspective and rethink your outrage.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

Don't you mean people from OTHER countries?

The majority of terrorists/insurgents "defending themselves" from "invasion" aren't from Afghanistan or Iraq.

that's the problem, bob. a LOT of these detainees weren't witnessed doing anything of the sort. they were snatched from their homes while they were sleeping in the middle of the night, based on tips from informants (who may or may not have ulterior motives).

also, your post kind of missed eatcorn's point. how do you call people defending their homeland from foreign invaders "terrorists"? it's all about perspective.

silentbob1272 (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)
Yeah, how do YOU know they're terrorists? Just because they were shooting at our guys, throwing grenades, and firing RPGs at American troop transport vehicles all over Afghanistan doesn't mean they're TERRORISTS.

Just a heads up.

Fire on our troops and then retreat to the safety of crowds containing women and children

When they strap bombs on and blow up our troops as well as Iraqis with whom they disagree

When they rig roadside vehicles, crates, dogs or cats with explosives to further kill and maim U.S. Soldiers

....They most assuredly are TERRORISTS. Try getting a bit of perspective and rethink your outrage.

Hey, just for fun, I'll say it again: how do you know that the people in these cases did any of those things?

One more time...that's the point.

Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

The majority of terrorists/insurgents "defending themselves" from "invasion" aren't from Afghanistan or Iraq.

'Majority'.

Do we just get to make up facts now?

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

'Majority'.

That's funny because I was just going to throw the same accusation out at you, but I was waiting to see what you were going to say first.

My information comes from talking everyday with Special Forces soldiers who have seen heavy action on both fronts. Where'd you get your information? The daily newspaper? Left-wing blog?

Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

'Majority'.

That's funny because I was just going to throw the same accusation out at you, but I was waiting to see what you were going to say first.

My information comes from talking everyday with Special Forces soldiers who have seen heavy action on both fronts. Where'd you get your information? The daily newspaper? Left-wing blog?

Totally. I got it from Common Dreams and Soros. I read left wing blogs all day because they're so accurate and interesting. I also used common sense and figured 'Hey, we invaded Iraq...maybe there are some Iraqis fighting us'.

Do you have any actual references other than word of mouth? I'm sure there are lots of people fighting our troops in Iraq who are from other countries. I'm also sure there are lots of Iraqis fighting our troops.

Saying it's a 'majority' is just a way to blanketly call them all terrorists instead of addressing the complicated issue that some of them are doing precisely what we would be doing if we were in their position.

I've spoke with career MI guys (and reservist MI) who actually do the detaining and questioning, and i was amazed to hear how disorganized and poorly run the whole operation is. in some cases, they're basically rounding up people at random, and they also have to deal with a ton of fake informants who are just trying to get their personal enemies in trouble.

the normal US justice system with its lengthy trial processes and redundant safeguards still manages to put innocent people away. what makes you think an operation run by the military WITHOUT those safeguards (in a foreign country with a completely different culture, no less) would operate any differently?

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

'Majority'.

Totally. I got it from Common Dreams and Soros. I read left wing blogs all day because they're so accurate and interesting. I also used common sense and figured 'Hey, we invaded Iraq...maybe there are some Iraqis fighting us'.

Do you have any actual references other than word of mouth? I'm sure there are lots of people fighting our troops in Iraq who are from other countries. I'm also sure there are lots of Iraqis fighting our troops.

Saying it's a 'majority' is just a way to blanketly call them all terrorists instead of addressing the complicated issue that some of them are doing precisely what we would be doing if we were in their position.

Yeah, I thought so.

If I can't take the word of a bunch of guys who have actually been over there and who has to know who he's fighting, then I'm going to take their word. You're not there, they are. So talk about what you know. That's common sense.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

Hey, just for fun, I'll say it again: how do you know that the people in these cases did any of those things?

I was responding to your point of

"Also, it's probably worth noting that when you invade a country and the people of that country try to defend themselves from your invasion, that's not terrorism."

Our definitions of "people defending themselves" greatly differs

Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

'Majority'.

Yeah, I thought so.

If I can't take the word of a bunch of guys who have actually been over there and who has to know who he's fighting, then I'm going to take their word. You're not there, they are. So talk about what you know. That's common sense.

I was being sarcastic. I do not read any blogs. I recognize your need to simple mindedly categorize me though.

You can take their word for what they have seen.

I know that there are Iraqis in Iraq.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

"Also, it's probably worth noting that when you invade a country and the people of that country try to defend themselves from your invasion, that's not terrorism."

so when a nation invades your country, imprisons your fellow citizens with no cause, destroys your entire infrastructure, what do you suggest they do?

Indeed our definitions differ...mine is not contingent on nationality.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
Statick (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

'Majority'.

Yeah, I thought so.

I was being sarcastic. I do not read any blogs. I recognize your need to simple mindedly categorize me though.

You can take their word for what they have seen.

I know that there are Iraqis in Iraq.

I asked a question as to where you got your information from. I haven't categorized you yet, but I have a pretty good idea now.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

so when a nation invades your country, imprisons your fellow citizens with no cause, destroys your entire infrastructure, what do you suggest they do?

Yea, you're right, all those women and children who went to the market on those days when these brave freedom fighters decided to go meet Allah had it coming. The bombs that they strapped to their worthless azzes were instruments of God and when they murder members of the great Satan (that would be us, yourself included) they are most assuredly doing God's work. By all means, go over and explain to them how much you care about and understand their plight, I'm sure they will welcome someone of your obvious superior judgment and empathy with open arms. How do you look in an orange jumpsuit by the way?

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

Yea, you're right, all those women and children who went to the market on those days when these brave freedom fighters decided to go meet Allah had it coming. The bombs that they strapped to their worthless azzes were instruments of God and when they murder members of the great Satan (that would be us, yourself included) they are most assuredly doing God's work. By all means, go over and explain to them how much you care about and understand their plight, I'm sure they will welcome someone of your obvious superior judgment and empathy with open arms. How do you look in an orange jumpsuit by the way?

I hate to disrupt your simple view of the world, but not everyone who is brown and has a gun is a terrorist. Even better, people have been captured who were not in posession of guns when they were detained. So, I guess you're ready to just lock people up for being Middle Eastern and being in Iraq?

People who target innocent people are terrorists. If you read what I have written, that is not who I am talking about. If you have read this thread or the article posted, you would know that innocent people have been imprisoned, and the legal efforts made on behalf of these detainees are in an effort to determine whether they are guilty or innocent.

I know, it's such a frustrating world we live in when we can't just call everyone a terrorist and lock them up forever with no cause and no due process. What has America become?!?!

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

I hate to disrupt your simple view of the world, but not everyone who is brown and has a gun is a terrorist. Even better, people have been captured who were not in posession of guns when they were detained. So, I guess you're ready to just lock people up for beingMiddle Easternand being in Iraq?

People who target innocent people are terrorists. If you read what I have written, that is not whoI am talking about. If you have read this thread or the article posted, you would know that innocent people have been imprisoned, and the legal efforts made on behalf of these detaineesare in an effort to determine whether they are guilty or innocent.

I know, it's such a frustrating world we live in when we can't just call everyone a terrorist and lock them up forever with no cause and no due process. What has America become?!?!

This thread started out as a joke about an idiot grandstanding lawyer, as I already specified I am talking about your statement of

not about the Gitmo detainees, two SEPARATE issues, I listed details of tactics used by your freedom fighters, continue to defend them all you want, but spare me the idiotic "you're a racist" mantra, its beneath even you.

eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
eatcorn (7/16/2008)
octoslash (7/16/2008)

Just a heads up.

I hate to disrupt your simple view of the world, but not everyone who is brown and has a gun is a terrorist. Even better, people have been captured who were not in posession of guns when they were detained. So, I guess you're ready to just lock people up for beingMiddle Easternand being in Iraq?

People who target innocent people are terrorists. If you read what I have written, that is not whoI am talking about. If you have read this thread or the article posted, you would know that innocent people have been imprisoned, and the legal efforts made on behalf of these detaineesare in an effort to determine whether they are guilty or innocent.

This thread started out as a joke about an idiot grandstanding lawyer, as I already specified I am talking about your statement of

not about the Gitmo detainees, two SEPARATE issues, I listed details of tactics used by your freedom fighters, continue to defend them all you want, but spare me the idiotic "you're a racist" mantra, its beneath even you.

There are no freedom fighters who are 'my' freedom fighters.

I'll say it again, since you don't seem able to understand: not every armed Middle Eastern person in Iraq targets innocent people, therefore, not every armed Middle Eastern person in Iraq is a terrorist.

Continue to duck and dodge. It's kind of amusing.

There are no freedom fighters who are 'my' freedom fighters.

I'll say it again, since you don't seem able to understand: not every armed Middle Eastern person in Iraq targets innocent people, therefore, not every armed Middle Eastern person in Iraq is a terrorist.

Continue to duck and dodge. It's kind of amusing.

Since this discussion is going no where fast, I'll leave my part with this. I realize the very obvious points you continue to yammer on about and NEVER said otherwise, but they in no way address the statement I have now specified three times that I was responding to and that continues to be dodged. That these insurgents in Iraq are terrorists, where as you choose to say they are defending their country from invaders (i.e. us). I then listed the tactics used by these people (NOT ALL IRAQIS) these specific people who you classified as defenders of their country, who again

These are not the actions of defenders of their country, these are the actions of terrorist, plain and simple. I can't be any more clear.

Lastly, I do like how you continue your history of when failing miserably in a discussion you continue to resort to claiming you find the argument amusing.....very simple ploy, by a increasingly obvious very simple man.