CB Malcolm Jenkins - Ohio State

mjenkinsnfldrafttx9.jpg

Jenkins' Bio

Buckeye Bits: Will be in his third year as a starter in 2007 and a potential Thorpe Award candidate ... first-team All-Big Ten last year by the coaches and media ... usually plays on the wide side of the field but often moves around the field to cover the opponent's best receiver ... lettered in 2005 as a true freshman and was one of the most pleasant surprises of the season ... began the 2005 season as the nickel back, but started three games at boundary corner after senior Tyler Everett suffered a neck injury ... is a natural corner with great instincts and outstanding speed and quickness ... excels at man-to-man coverage ... has been timed at 4.3 in the 40-yard dash.

2006 (Sophomore): Consensus first-team All-Big Ten ... started all 13 games at field corner ... tied for fourth on the team in tackles with 55 ... 40 of his tackles were solo, second-most on the team ... picked off four passes and totaled a team-high 99 return yards ... added three passes broken up and a forced fumble ... had 4.5 tackles for lost yardage, those coming at Texas, at Illinois and against Florida ... equaled his career high with nine tackles against Bowling Green ... other top tackle efforts came against Northwestern (eight) and Michigan (seven, all solo) ... returned a pick 61 yards for a score against Penn State ... was Ohio State's leading returning tackler coming into the season.

2005 (Freshman): Earned his first letter as a true freshman ... played in 10 games and worked his way into the rotation at nickel back ... started the Indiana, Minnesota and Illinois games at boundary corner in place of injured regular Tyler Everett ... missed the final two games of the regular season with an injury of his own (knee sprain), but returned to action against Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl and had a career-high nine tackles ... credited with 37 tackles, the ninth-highest total on the team ... also had two passes broken up ... made his college debut in the season opener against Miami (Ohio) and had three tackles ... had seven stops at Minnesota, including four solo tackles.

High School: Three-year starter and helped lead his team to three consecutive state championships ... played both wide receiver and defensive back, but won all-state honors at the latter his senior year ... also excelled at track, winning the state title in the 400-meter dash as a junior ... took third place in the 200-meters as a junior and third in the hurdles as a senior at the state meet.

Personal: Son of W. Lee and Gwendolyn Jenkins ... has two younger brothers, Martin and Myles ... enjoys writing poetry and watching movies.

Jenkins' stats

i equated him more as a ashton youboty drafted in rd 3, but seeing him on film he looks like a legit rd 1 pick. solid tackler, which is something chris houston is not. i think i like william moore better though. if this guy slipped to rd 2 for whatever reason, i would take him. if he did'nt oh well.

Jenkins would have to blow a knee to end up in the 2nd round...

I really like this guy....Id love to have this guy on our team...But i doubt it happens...We definetly need to draft some linemen next year

I think we will actually look at his teammate Alex Boone to play RT for us. TD has shown an interest in Ohio State players, and Boone is very comparable to Jake Long

Malcolm Jenkins scares me......... The way Ohio State uses him like an Antrel Rolle type of player....... He looks like the next big thing....The thing is....Thats deceiving...... Malcolm Jenkins remind me of Antrel Rolle

The Cards moved Antrel Rolle to Freesafety