Yahoo!: Sony Won E3

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be watching G4 a bit more to catch some more of it, but I didn't see Nintendo or Microsoft make their presentations. What I did catch of the Sony presentation seemed to focus alot on PS2 instead of PS3. I'm assuming I missed some important aspects, but it didn't seem that wise to put so more effort into a 8-9 year old system when they have the PS3 out already. That being said, they said they had a 10 year vision on PS3? Seriously? At the rate of technology, in 5 years, PS3 and Xbox 360 will both be outdated.

Have any info on Microsoft and Nintendo?

Remarkable (7/16/2008)
I disagree. Microsoft took E3. Again.

If message board discussions are any indication, it's not even close.

I'm fascinated by the fact that Nintendo felt the need to jump Microsoft on the one-to-one mapping controller.

jidady (7/16/2008)
Remarkable (7/16/2008)

If message board discussions are any indication, it's not even close.

I'm fascinated by the fact that Nintendo felt the need to jump Microsoft on the one-to-one mapping controller.

I agree, even joystic had a poll up asking who people thought had the best E3 event and it was a landslide in Microsofts favor. Lastnight it was 60% plus.

I would not be surprized to hear Yahoo say this being Microsoft almost had a hostile takeover of Yahoo over the past year.

I visited the PS3/Playstation forums and noticed two themes developing among posters in their pinned E3 thread which was, when are they going to stop talking about PS2 and Blue-ray and when are they going to show us some PS3 games.

Let the spin begin Womflacs......

Remarkable (7/16/2008)

Im not sure about this years, havent seen much of it yet.  But last year Microsoft was dead last according to most...werent they?  I remember lots of people dissing them last year.

judas yeast (7/16/2008)
Is it just me or are some of the people in here citing gaming websites and polls the same people that blast wolmfalc for "citing" gaming websites and polls all the time? :D

Juda's I was saying PS3 thread forum polls (Neogaf I think).  I try to refer to gaming sites as much as I can. Don't know why you say that. You right though both come to crap in the end. But according Womflacs only his chosen polls and forum sites are valid information while others (gaming news sites mind you) aren't. ;)

Kudos, he posted a article this time.

I thought Sony and Microsoft both had good shows, but what really puts me off about the article is in the article "It's a great selection, and one that leaves Microsoft's roster of Gears of War 2 and Fable II looking a little tired."

atl2123 (7/16/2008)
I thought Sony and Microsoft both had good shows, but what really puts me off about the article is in the article "It's a great selection, and one that leaves Microsoft's roster of Gears of War 2 and Fable II looking a little tired."

Exactly, MS showed us games that can be played in the next few months, Sony shows rendered, not gameplay, footage of games that are over a year away.  How exactly does that translate to a win for Sony? 

Microsoft's wasn't good.

Here's why:

- They ripped off Mii's from Nintendo. Visually as well, not just conceptually.

- They ripped off SingStar from Sony.

- They had a horrid performance by Duffy.

- They focused too much on 3rd party titles that are also coming on PS3, so nothing advantageous for them.

- Dashboard is basically a more graphical XMB (like on PS3). It also won't be as functional as the XMB is.

- Nothing new was announced as with the exception of FFXIII, everything was known beforehand.

The good from MS conference:

- Gear of War 2 demo.

- FFXIII announcement.

The FFXIII isn't huge as they just said, "Look Sony, we'll get what you have a year after you.". FFXIII is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, and it'll be there much before the US and Europe get it.

SE hasn't even started development on X360. They will do so AFTER the PS3 version is shipped in Japan.

womfalcs3 (7/16/2008)
Microsoft's wasn't good.

Here's why:

- They focused too much on 3rd party titles that are also coming on PS3, so nothing advantageous for them.

- Dashboard is basically a more graphical XMB (like on PS3). It also won't be as functional as the XMB is.

- Nothing new was announced as with the exception of FFXIII, everything was known beforehand.

- Gear of War 2 demo.

- FFXIII announcement.

The FFXIII isn't huge as they just said, "Look Sony, we'll get what you have a year after you.". FFXIII is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, and it'll be there much before the US and Europe get it.

SE hasn't even started development on X360. They will do so AFTER the PS3 version is shipped in Japan.

You neglected to mention the Netflix announcement, and the fact that Sony advertising the video rental thing as a big new hit, is just a rip off of something that MS has been doing for over a year.  Netflix and Final Fantasy alone are enough to make me think that MS had the better E3 (oh and the avatar things are stupid on both the Wii and the Xbox).  I have my opinion, you have yours, and I have no wish to argue with someone who will never in any circumstance say Sony didn't win a heads up competition with another company. 

womfalcs3 (7/16/2008)
Microsoft's wasn't good.

Here's why:

- Gear of War 2 demo.

- FFXIII announcement.

:w00t:

could you be any more of a fanboy???

the major thing for M$ from E3 was the introduction of a partnership with Netflix.....

and their ability to file share videos/music/games/photos LIVE across LIVE between up to 8 people

You have had XMB for what? a fortnight? how can u say the desktop is "just a more graphical XMB" the XMB is a copy of the Dashboard just admit it

ucsbdirtybird (7/16/2008)
womfalcs3 (7/16/2008)
Microsoft's wasn't good.

Here's why:

- Gear of War 2 demo.

- FFXIII announcement.

You neglected to mention the Netflix announcement, and the fact that Sony advertising the video rental thing as a big new hit, is just a rip off of something that MS has been doing for over a year. Netflix and Final Fantasy alone are enough to make me think that MS had the better E3 (oh and the avatar things are stupid on both the Wii and the Xbox). I have my opinion, you have yours, and I have no wish to argue with someone who will never in any circumstancesay Sony didn't win a heads up competition with another company.

Netflix is only a big deal if you have a Netflix subscription AND an X360. You have to still subscribe to Netflix. The X360 isn't needed to enjoy the service.

Sony's video store has content that Microsoft will never get... SONY MOVIES. Believe it or not, Sony has a wide range of movies. Just look at the big blockbusters of the year and see how many of them are from Sony or Sony subsidies.

Sony's was the most creative, and it actually had new announcements and reveals.