Do ya'll think all the players will report to TC in top shape?

chuck

I think most of the players have plenty of motivation to concentrate on football -- both physically and mentally.  A lot of player evaluation is going on and they better be ready.  If a player showed up out of shape or with a 'tude', I don't think it would be tolerated.

I really hope guys like Jamal Anderson, Justin Blalock, Houston, Babineaux and others are in peak condition and ready to get it on!

Also, players coming back from injuries better be working their a**es off.  I think Weiner is probably going to be there for TC -- I'm more worried about Lewis.

trubirdfan4life (7/15/2008)
I think that they should just put him(Lewis)onthe PUP list so that he won't be trying to come back too fast and just end his career. About week 4 of the season we should know for sure. His re-injury was so late that I don't even know if he will be back this season at all.

do players on the PUP count towards the roster?

romfal (7/16/2008)
trubirdfan4life (7/15/2008)
I think that they should just put him(Lewis)onthe PUP list so that he won't be trying to come back too fast and just end his career. About week 4 of the season we should know for sure. His re-injury was so late that I don't even know if he will be back this season at all.

do players on the PUP count towards the roster?

No, they don't, but it does take them out for the first 6 weeks I think. So, I would assume by week six we have some injuries, and don't have to cut anyone.

And Anderson is a fatty. Not huge, but if he doesn't drop weight we just have to put him in at DT. You can't be a big fat guy getting around an OT. Don't see too many fat DE's.

Jimmy Williams' attitude was his main problem, else he would have been in shape to begin with.  His attitude is why he was released, and I don't think it was a surprise to anyone.

Sometimes a player is cut, someone no one thought would be cut.  Like Grady Jackson last season.  Then players either play harder, knowing no one is safe....or, they go into the tank, like many of our players did last season.

The reason they go to training camp is to: Train. Nobody

pushes themselves hard enough in the off season to be ready

to compete. So my hope is they come to camp in good enough

shape to come out of camp ready. Camp is needed to move the

readiness meter over to GO!

chuck (7/15/2008)
I think most of the players have plenty of motivation to concentrate on football -- both physically and mentally. A lot of player evaluation is going on and they better be ready. If a player showed up out of shape or with a 'tude', I don't think it would be tolerated.

I really hope guys like Jamal Anderson, Justin Blalock, Houston, Babineaux and others are in peak condition and ready to get it on!

Also, players coming back from injuries better be working their a**es off. I think Weiner is probably going to be there for TC -- I'm more worried about Lewis.

If you want to play in the NFL,you had better be in shape when camp begins.