COMMON SENSE IS NOT RACISM

jjooee (7/15/2008)
Yes, there are many kinds of self destructive habits, this post though was relating to economics and misguided belief systems along the lines of economics.

If you believe it's not self destructive to hate capitalism while you live in a capitalistic society then we simply have differing opinions.

lol

Ever been in a six sided room with no windows or electricity and then blow your single candle?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"with a black"

wow....

here's the problem with your point and for that matter ur conservative buddy.  the economic system of this country for hundreds of years was skewed by the govt in some cases and by racist murder's in other cases to systematically deny african-americans the ability and oppurtunity to take  part in this capitalist society. Not until the late 60's early 70's were african-americans able to at least try to become apart of said economic system. One of the biggest things  to ever happen to this country was when all the soldiers came back from WW2. white soldiers were given the ability to buy property in the new housing boom with govt grants. black soldiers were not afforded the same chance..so what happens? whites move to suburbs..african-americans to inner cities....perpuating a cycle of poverty for one and wealth for the other.  now is there some  practices in my community that are self desructive....YES..and argue with my friends every week about it... but a society cant say pull yourself up by your own bootstrap....then have a pair of scissors in there hand to cut said boot strap

passthemagic40 (7/16/2008)
"with a black"

wow....

here's the problem with your point and for that matter ur conservative buddy. the economic system of this country for hundreds of years was skewed by the govt in some cases and by racist murder's in other cases to systematically denyafrican-americans the ability and oppurtunity to take part in this capitalist society. Not until the late 60's early 70's were african-americans able to at least try to become apart of said economic system. One of the biggest things to ever happen to this country was when all the soldiers came back from WW2. white soldiers were given the ability to buy property in the new housing boom with govt grants. black soldiers were not afforded the same chance..so what happens? whites move to suburbs..african-americans to inner cities....perpuating a cycle of poverty for one and wealth for the other. now is there some practices in my community that are self desructive....YES..and argue with my friends every week about it... but a society cant say pull yourself up by your own bootstrap....then have a pair of scissors in there hand to cut said boot strap

get your knowledge game up lil homey.
deathdawg (7/16/2008)
jjooee (7/15/2008)
Yes, there are many kinds of self destructive habits, this post though was relating to economics and misguided belief systems along the lines of economics.

If you believe it's not self destructive to hate capitalism while you live in a capitalistic society then we simply have differing opinions.

lol

Ever been in a six sided room with no windows or electricity and then blow your single candle?

It's also important as the Bible says...

"to forget those things behind and press forward to those things ahaed"

It is self destructive to hate capitalism in a capitalistic society no matter what your past was......GET OVER  IT !!!!! FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, WELL BEING AND PEACE OF MIND.

XLDenaliReturns (7/16/2008)

no it's not, but saying that 95% of black people don't have common sense IS.

I think you need to read the whole post again....I'm not telling you to love capitalism for my benefit, I'm telling you to love capitalism for your benefit.

Ed Boner (7/16/2008)
"with a black"

wow....

here's the problem with your point and for that matter ur conservative buddy. the economic system of this country for hundreds of years was skewed by the govt in some cases and by racist murder's in other cases to systematically denyafrican-americans the ability and oppurtunity to take part in this capitalist society. Not until the late 60's early 70's were african-americans able to at least try to become apart of said economic system. One of the biggest things to ever happen to this country was when all the soldiers came back from WW2. white soldiers were given the ability to buy property in the new housing boom with govt grants. black soldiers were not afforded the same chance..so what happens? whites move to suburbs..african-americans to inner cities....perpuating a cycle of poverty for one and wealth for the other. now is there some practices in my community that are self desructive....YES..and argue with my friends every week about it... but a society cant say pull yourself up by your own bootstrap....then have a pair of scissors in there hand to cut said boot strap

get your knowledge game up lil homey.
on black history.

i've read about several "heart warming" stories of freed slaves becoming very rich because of their smart decision making. not all black people are poor.

wow......

u missed the enitire point!!!! but if u would click on the article and read it.....u will get it....

those were exception's not the rule.... u cant fix over 200 years of murder mayheim and for the most part govt backed discrimination  in 30+ yeras. african-americans o have to do what they need to do to better themselves...but for the most part the deck will always have a lsight slant to it.....

wow......

u missed the enitire point!!!! but if u would click on the article and read it.....u will get it....

those were exception's not the rule.... u cant fix over 200 years of murder mayheim and for the most part govt backed discrimination  in 30+ yeras. african-americans o have to do what they need to do to better themselves...but for the most part the deck will always have a lsight slant to it.....

My friend, your in danger of being hurt by your own negative thinking.

If you go through life thinking there is a slant to it, that is not to your benefit.

wow......

those were exception's not the rule.... u cant fix over 200 years of murder mayheim and for the most part govt backed discrimination in 30+ yeras. african-americans o have to do what they need to do to better themselves...but for the most part the deck will always have a lsight slant to it.....

why celebrate the struggle instead of celebrating the accomplishment? who cares if its not the rule but the exception? be like the few who made it, not the millions who ended defeated.

its becuz i know there is a slant that i have been able to become a better man.. i attened the University of Lousiville on a football scholarship.... i wasnt good enough to play...but i was good enought to be there...got my degree, served time in the army after college cuz i wanted to pay my country back for all its done for me and mine...own a nice house in california....but i grew up in 3 differnt places so i got a birds eye view... i grew up in the west end of atlanta, and in lousiville ky and finally in a place called union city ca...so i have a unique perspective on the whole thing. my family is well rounded as is most..i have col. in the marines and cooks at mcdonalds. but the one thing i have always known and seen..is that this country no matter if its in the most liberal place in the states ie california....to the the most racist palce i have ever been alabama ft rucker...... that there is a sad underlying current of covert racism... blacks are looked down upon by most races..i've seen and heard it with my own eyes and ears.. ibeen called ##### standing in my BDU"S at walmart by a little old white lady.... and been discramionated against in trying to get an apt by a young indian guy..so i've lived it.... but i have propsered inspite of it.......

jjooee (7/16/2008)

I think you need to read the whole post again....I'm not telling you to love capitalism for my benefit, I'm telling you to love capitalism for your benefit.

actually, you're not telling ME a gotdamn thing. i probably pay more in taxes than you see in a year, but that's beside the point.

i read your misdirected little rant. it really just shows a poor understanding of the nuance involved in our economic system, an even poorer understanding of other people's decisions and thought processes, and the fact that you're a presumptuous, unjustifiably arrogant, simple-minded bigot. 

Ed Boner (7/16/2008)
wow......

those were exception's not the rule.... u cant fix over 200 years of murder mayheim and for the most part govt backed discrimination in 30+ yeras. african-americans o have to do what they need to do to better themselves...but for the most part the deck will always have a lsight slant to it.....

why celebrate the struggle instead of celebrating the accomplishment? who cares if its not the rule but the exception? be like the few who made it, not the millions who ended defeated.

thats the problem..it should be the rule....and becuase of jim crow....and the KKK there was no way it ever was gonna be...canu understand that? really?

I've come to learn that some people think they know it all about something they know absolutely nothing about. Those people won't listen to reason and the truth because they don't want to admit they are wrong. It's clear who in this thread has that mindset.

Anansi (7/16/2008)
I've come to learn that some people think they know it all about something they know absolutely nothing about. Those people won't listen to reason and the truth because they don't want to admit they are wrong. It's clear who in this thread has that mindset.

THE END

jjooee (7/16/2008)

actually, you're not telling ME a gotdamn thing. i probably pay more in taxes than you see in a year, but that's beside the point.

i read your misdirected little rant. it really just shows a poor understanding of the nuance involved in our economic system, an even poorer understanding of other people's decisions and thought processes, and the fact that you're a presumptuous, unjustifiably arrogant, simple-minded bigot. 

My friend, my post was not made in anger, why you are angry is beyone me.

This post was about economics and some peoples self destructive mindsets along that line...I don't know why you're mad, I couldn't have stated more obvious things if I had said the sky was blue and the grass is green.

This shouldn't be a controversial post at all.

jjooee (7/16/2008)
jjooee (7/16/2008)

My friend, my post was not made in anger, why you are angry is beyone me.

This post was about economics and some peoples self destructive mindsets along that line...I don't know why you're mad, I couldn't have stated more obvious things if I had said the sky was blue and the grass is green.

This shouldn't be a controversial post at all.

(from Cool Hand Luke)

"Some man you just can't reach"