jesse jackson and al sharpton want to hold black people down

so they can turn a profit. if there is no sign of racism they can't make money. simple enough. to end racism black people you have to stop empowering racists people. if someone calls you the n word, don't beat em up, act like it doesn't bother you. it's really simple. most racist today aren't the kkk dudes who want to hang all the blacks, most of em are just trying to get famous. i.e. the old redneck who made the curious george t shirts that said obama on them. get it? got it? good.

I disagree that is their aim. Although I have lost a ton of respect over the years for Jesse Jackson.  I do believe Jesse Jackson has become nothing more than a media and attention whore.  Al Sharpton on the other hand isn't as bad as people make him out to be.  Dude can be misguided at times but at least he stands up for what he believes in, unlike a lot of other people.

Anansi (7/15/2008)
I disagree that is their aim. Although I have lost a ton of respect over the years for Jesse Jackson.  I do believe Jesse Jackson has become nothing more than a media and attention whore.  Al Sharpton on the other hand isn't as bad as people make him out to be.  Dude can be misguided at times but at least he stands up for what he believes in, unlike a lot of other people.

I like Sharpton better than Jesse.

deathdawg (7/15/2008)
Anansi (7/15/2008)

I like Sharpton better than Jesse.

I agree. Sharpton can actually frame his arguments better.

Anansi (7/15/2008)
I disagree that is their aim. Although I have lost a ton of respect over the years for Jesse Jackson. I do believe Jesse Jackson has becomenothing more than a media and attention whore. Al Sharpton on the other hand isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Dude can be misguided at times but at least he stands up for what he believes in, unlike a lot of other people.
money money money money moneyyyyyyy

true equality won't come through a majority being tied to a single party. the only way for black people to truly be equal is to increase the % of middle class. that's where true power comes from. a larger middle class means more free thinking, no more buying into 'the democrats love black people' line. then you have true equality. your move black people.

instead of snappin' a rubba band in the club, save that money towards owning your own house or car.

instead of celebrating your struggles, celebrate your accomplishments.

instead of taking offense to something slightly racists, embrace the positives and work on the negatives.n

break the stereotype, don't coon to it.

Anansi (7/15/2008)
Hope your having fun.
i'm not having fun, i'm trying to give you jewels here. i'm not a troll. i'm a man who knows who to empower oneself take it or leave it, but what i say is the truth. excuses will hurt a bad situation much more than any racist can.
Ed Boner (7/15/2008)
Anansi (7/15/2008)
Hope your having fun.
i'm not having fun, i'm trying to give you jewels here. i'm not a troll. i'm a man who knows who to empower oneself take it or leave it, but what i say is the truth. excuses will hurt a bad situation much more than any racist can.

People on the outside really don't have many "jewels" to give.  They can offer words of wisdom but it means so much more when it comes from somebody who has been in the same situation. 

Anansi (7/15/2008)
Ed Boner (7/15/2008)
Anansi (7/15/2008)
Hope your having fun.

People on the outside really don't have many "jewels" to give. They can offer words of wisdom but it means so much more when it comes from somebody who has been in the same situation.

i've never been poor? you don't have to be from harlem to understand that ignorance is what holds poor people down. you don't have to be from techwood housing to understand that equality isn't just a 1 sided issue, that to be truly equal you have to think outside of the lies you've been told. i'm not speaking out of my fart box on smsht i've never witnessed.

one thing that's holding down equality is the ignorance of the streets, where trying to succeed is selling out. it's on both sides.

Ed Boner (7/15/2008)
Anansi (7/15/2008)
Ed Boner (7/15/2008)
Anansi (7/15/2008)
Hope your having fun.

People on the outside really don't have many "jewels" to give. They can offer words of wisdom but it means so much more when it comes from somebody who has been in the same situation.

i've never been poor? you don't have to be from harlem to understand that ignorance is what holds poor people down. you don't have to be from techwood housing to understand that equality isn't just a 1 sided issue, that to be truly equal you have to think outside of the lies you've been told. i'm not speaking out of my fart box on smsht i've never witnessed.

one thing that's holding down equality is the ignorance of the streets, where trying to succeed is selling out. it's on both sides.

Your missing the point of my post dude.

if i were in jail, which i've been in before, i wouldn't take advice from an a fellow in mate on how to live a better life. i think i'd much rather talk to someone that's not in jail about how to better myself. same thing applies in this situation.

there's a problem when you see a majority of black people associating themselves with the democrats. it's funny to me in fact. the perception is that most republicans are rich white racists. not the case. it's bad to be a republican in the black community. being called an uncle-tom and such. it's sillyness, this is what i mean by true equality. how can someone be truly equal if there's no equality in your own community.

ying and yang.